Hampton at South Greene Round 2

uknoit2

No leadership!! These dogs need to stop worrying about who can score the most and figure out how to play as a team! Someone needs to step up as a leader as well! The most talent I have ever seen on a Hampton team and just can't figure out how to play as a team.

Wasn't there...but sounds about what I'm hearing from others!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the no leadership. But Neds game plan did not work as planed. Double up on Tweed on all inbounds play back fired because as a team other ball handlers step up. We out run the dogs all night with numbers on our end of the floor. Great team effort "with coming to grips with his role on the team".

Neds game plan will change, the leadership thing may never happen. Got good talent but they have to find the right chemistry. Basketball is the ultimate TEAM game.

I completely agree with the leadership statements on here. Too many seem to want to be the big shooter, or be the high-light reel. What wins games is the down and dirty work in the lane, or simply hitting free throws. Too much stuff gets over-looked in this group, and nobody seems to want to really knuckle down. I counted 6 points left on the line by missed free throws in the fourth quarter alone. Too many one and done shots, NO rebounding on the offensive end. Give SG a world of credit, they played hard, and ran their game to perfection. Hampton simply doesn't seem to have the mental toughness to go with their talent.