7A baseball

UTRok

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down the JCalumni there are a lot of good teams that can win this year, it's not set in stone that JC will win anything. All it takes is a couple off games for your precious Blue Devils and their fighting an uphill battle come tourney time. Also CR and Clay both have better pitching staffs then JC so until you get better in that aspect offense may win games,but Pitching wins District Tourneys.

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

Well maybe Clay does have an outside chance. Up 6 to 0 at JC top of 6th with a runners on 1st and 3rd two out and the power goes out. JC had 3 base runners the entire game so far one hit, one walk and one error. Nasty conditions but both teams played in it. Clay pitcher had 11 strike outs 1 walk and gave up one hit.

Hmmm....so Clay beat JC?? I guess that can only happen in regular season not in district tourn right alumni? Cause there is no chance Clay or Clarkrange will beat JC right? Looks like there is a chance cause it happened. And may happen again with Clarkrange. JC is ONE of the solid teams in the district and ONE of the teams that got better and are capable of losing a district tourn game. Case Closed.

Or was it the umps fault again? Or the wind blowing in the wrong direction or global warming that caused this one and only loss they will have in the district this year?? JC is a good solid team with some very good players but as with Clay and Clarkrange they are all three capable of losing. This district is tight and can go to anyone

I'm still sticking with Clay in this district, but whoever comes out with the number 1 seed in the regular season has the clear advantage going into the tournament. The 1 seed will most likely meet Monterey in the first round in a very winnable game while the 2 and 3 seeds will be a match up between Clarkrange, JC, or Clay in the first round.

Edited by swanson71

I'm giving a slight edge to Clay as well Swanson but unlike JCalumni im not going to say nobody else has a chance. I think it will be between Clay and Clarkrange and i think the regular season games will be split between the top three teams. Clay and Clarkrange already split. I may be wrong though cause Clarkrange I hear is playing both games at JC so those may both go in JC's favor. HaHa

Well only 3 teams have won this district since 2000, that was the year Upperman was no longer in A and moved to AA, but the way it's going it looks like Clay or Clarkrange may be the 4th to win it. I just hope it's a good tourney and wish RBS was still in 7a.

Edited by swanson71

I will say for Clay to win it we must play better team defense and hit better. Our pitching needs to be consistent. I think we played as well as we have all season last night at JC. Solid pitching and late timely hitting against a solid team. If I was to guess the above could be said about most teams in the district. Two of the better umpires Clay has played in front of last night and that really is not saying much.

We usually have one decent one and one terrible one. For instance Red Boiling at Clay last week ball hit ends up leaving the park over the outfield fence down the right field line. Home plate umpire comes out from behind the plate in to the infield grass and signals homerun. Then walks over to field ump who is standing in the dirt in the 2nd base short stop area. They then signal foul ball. How could the field ump make that call or even influence the call? Fair or foul no matter how does the plate ump not make that call un-assisted? Just one example.

Edited by UTRok

The umpire behind the plate may have asked for assistance with the call, but no call should have been made to begin with until it was discussed. Sometimes you want the umpire behind the plate to ask for assistance. When I was assistant coach at RBS I remember we had an instance where the ball was obviously foul and the umpire called it fair. When the umpire was asked about it by the head coach the ump said he couldn't see so he called it fair and he refused to ask the field umpire for any help.

Was the umpire a young guy or someone who hasn't been doing it long? The one thing I always noticed when I was coaching was in situations like that the umpire hadn't been umpiring too long.

Wingman thanks for the compliment, I'll get wrong occasionally though. Also, where exactly are you from?