8AA 2015

hitme

Word on the street is that he hyperextended it during warmups. If that is the case and he is out for a couple weeks that could hinder Upperman's pitching staff and the heart of their lineup. In previous seasons Central has put up runs against Cannon and beat him, while Lafeaver has been the arm that has given them problems. Could have been a different story this season. I am sure Central will cross Upperman's path again in the future with 6'3" Cannon on the bump. A game with him pitching has the potential to be a great game to watch.

I went back and looked at the stats. While Cannon lost to Magnet last year his line was 1 earned run on 3 hits with 11ks in 5 innings of work. I would have loved to see the matchup this year. Fluke injury right before the start of the game was a disappointment for sure.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word on the street is that he hyperextended it during warmups. If that is the case and he is out for a couple weeks that could hinder Upperman's pitching staff and the heart of their lineup. In previous seasons Central has put up runs against Cannon and beat him, while Lafeaver has been the arm that has given them problems. Could have been a different story this season. I am sure Central will cross Upperman's path again in the future with 6'3" Cannon on the bump. A game with him pitching has the potential to be a great game to watch.

agree....both LaFever and Cannon are good arms, just think Cannon is slightly better

District tourny might get interesting if the top two seeds meet in the finals. Herald Citizen: LIVINGSTON — If there was any doubt that Upperman junior pitcher Winston Cannon would be ready for this week’s District 8-AA tournament, he put those to rest. Cannon was in his first pitching appearance since suffering a slight knee injury last week. He gave up a bloop single to the first hitter he faced in Kaleb Qualls. That was erased on a double play on the next hitter. Then the last 13 outs Cannon recorded was by strikeout. The right hander has now allowed one earned run this season in 53 innings pitched.

District tourny might get interesting if the top two seeds meet in the finals. Herald Citizen: LIVINGSTON — If there was any doubt that Upperman junior pitcher Winston Cannon would be ready for this week’s District 8-AA tournament, he put those to rest. Cannon was in his first pitching appearance since suffering a slight knee injury last week. He gave up a bloop single to the first hitter he faced in Kaleb Qualls. That was erased on a double play on the next hitter. Then the last 13 outs Cannon recorded was by strikeout. The right hander has now allowed one earned run this season in 53 innings pitched.

Glad he is healthy but it won't really matter at that point, both teams will have qualified for regionals if they play each other in the district title game.  The district title game is for seeding only to determine if your first regional game is at home or on the road so I doubt he would even pitch that game.  You typically use your ace for the Monday/Friday games for the 1st regional game and the sectional game.

Glad he is healthy but it won't really matter at that point, both teams will have qualified for regionals if they play each other in the district title game. The district title game is for seeding only to determine if your first regional game is at home or on the road so I doubt he would even pitch that game. You typically use your ace for the Monday/Friday games for the 1st regional game and the sectional game.

very good point. I just hope both MCM and UHS are heathy to give good howings for 8aa in post season. That is if those two are the top two.

• 2 weeks later...