University High AT Hampton Round 2

uknoit2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former University High basketball coach, I'm pulling for the Bucs in an upset. It'll be tough.

Teams play up and down and UH looked really bad when we played them at their place, I'm sure they are better than they played that night. Hampton is probably the better team on most nights but you can't afford to sleep walk against anyone. Alot of it has to do with shots falling, the basket has away of  changing sizes from night to night.

Teams play up and down and UH looked really bad when we played them at their place, I'm sure they are better than they played that night. Hampton is probably the better team on most nights but you can't afford to sleep walk against anyone. Alot of it has to do with shots falling, the basket has away of  changing sizes from night to night.

It's been 15 years since I've seen UH play, but since my first coaching job was with the Buccaneers as an assistant coach and later head girls coach, I tend to cheer for them when they play.

It's been 15 years since I've seen UH play, but since my first coaching job was with the Buccaneers as an assistant coach and later head girls coach, I tend to cheer for them when they play.

I'd say its a very fine school and they've had some talented teams over the years.  Girls got a huge win over Cloudland the other night.

I'd say its a very fine school and they've had some talented teams over the years.  Girls got a huge win over Cloudland the other night.

The 1995-96 team was loaded with talent (Randell and Ranell Gaitor, Ed Stone, Adam Russell, Ricky Harris, Ben Haws, Charley Hall, John Stone) and averaged almost 90 ppg. We had 6 double figure scorers on that team.  The district was loaded too.  UH, Cosby, Hancock County and Unaka were all ranked in the top 10 of state. Only Hancock made it to state.

The 1995-96 team was loaded with talent (Randell and Ranell Gaitor, Ed Stone, Adam Russell, Ricky Harris, Ben Haws, Charley Hall, John Stone) and averaged almost 90 ppg. We had 6 double figure scorers on that team.  The district was loaded too.  UH, Cosby, Hancock County and Unaka were all ranked in the top 10 of state. Only Hancock made it to state.

I've got a very good friend who went to UH, Joel Shippley, May have been before you're time.