Bearden 2015

NewB

Based on this, let me add fired ex coach / teacher. It matters because you wreak of bias and personal agenda. It's always easier to attack what you couldn't get done yourself. Internet conspiracy theorists are the yellowist versions of cowards you'll ever meet. Bottom line is you're obviously not "just anybody" and have issues with current coaches. Grow a pair and darken their office after a practice one day. Report back when you do.

I am not a former or current teacher or coach @ Bearden.

I am a parent of a former player -- three year letterman; starter; considered by press a star player.

I do know considerable amount of Bearden athletic history for many years.

I do not know the identity of "nothingelsematters".

I do not know about any bias that the person may have.

After reading that person's post, I can tell that person is writing knowing many true facts.

I especially hope your son has a wonderful experience playing football at Bearden. In season football Friday nights are special. All coaches of the past that I've ever known have tried their best to teach the players well in football and of life in general.

I have hope of Bearden being 10 - 0 for the coming season. Yet what ever the record becomes, my greatest hope is that all involved have extremely good experience.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nothingelsematters

Was just told a little while ago that the South-Doyle at Bearden spring scrimmage originally scheduled for tomorrow night has been moved to tonight due to a scheduled track meet tomorrow.  

I'm told it is to begin at 6.  

Did anyone see the scrimmage? Does anyone know how Bearden's new offense looked. I am sure that all of S-D opponents will be interested in how strong S-D is.

Guest nothingelsematters

Based on this, let me add fired ex coach / teacher. It matters because you wreak of bias and personal agenda. It's always easier to attack what you couldn't get done yourself. Internet conspiracy theorists are the yellowist versions of cowards you'll ever meet. Bottom line is you're obviously not "just anybody" and have issues with current coaches. Grow a pair and darken their office after a practice one day. Report back when you do.

If you read my posts closely my agenda is that high school football players at Bearden get the chance to succeed and be competitive. Have a great experience and can look back later in life and see something achieved especially their senior year. Most players look back at wins vs losses and  judge their success by that. I would say that most of the posters on the T that talk about their sons or fans of teams and individual players that talk on  the T would judge their teams success and also individual performances based on wins and losses. I am sure that a RB, QB, or receiver could have great stats of yards gained, passes caught, TD's thrown, and TD's scored, but if their team does not win that is seen in the teams view as a failure. Defense is the same. A defensive player can have great stats as tackles, interceptions, fumbles caused, and fumbles recovered,(etc), but if their team does not win it is seen as a failure. Football is a team sport and it is the coaches job to coach the team to win. It is just my opinion the  principal made a bad decision with the help of the ad/assistant coach Shinlever to run off the HC before him. As a result of that decision by the principal and Shinlever they hired the new coaches that produced 1-9 for the 2014 seniors. What will Shinlever and his new coaches produce for this years seniors. Most of them have one year of football left to play.

Did anyone see the scrimmage? Does anyone know how Bearden's new offense looked. I am sure that all of S-D opponents will be interested in how strong S-D is.

Good first scrimmage of the spring it seemed for both teams.  Good energy, but surprisingly very clean with not a lot of penalties.  I liked how the refs were there already.  If I were to say who WON the scrimmage, it would have to be South Doyle.  Anyone who's been around football and these scrimmages though kind of know how they work.  They were doing something like 10 or 12 plays a piece and switching. You also don't know as a fan, when coaches substitute either, so i didn't really know when the first teamers or second teamers were in.  South Doyle had 2 REALLY long runs about half way through the scrimmage for scores and an interception returned for a touchdown for their first score.  Bearden, from what I could tell had 1, but had a couple of drives end inside the 20 because of the play rule I guess.  As far as the Bearden offense, they ran the ball extremely well.  They only had probably a couple of 15+ runs, but were moving the ball consistently down the fields in what a game would equate to first down drives.  The passing was a little off it seemed, but there were several completed short, medium, and long throws.  NO FUMBLES!  Overall, the major differences in this year: the offense is much more disciplined, and will be much more productive, they seem to know what to do, the offensive line and running game is drastically better (they may have reached their season total from last year just in the scrimmage).  When Bearden gets its boys back from track and baseball, and with the couple of transfers I'm hearing are coming, they will win ball games.  They will be far from being the bottom of the league this year. 

Edited by BeardenBulldog65

How do you go from being db coach to OC? If this Shelton guy is so good then why was he not the OC last year? Was Shinlever keeping him hid on defense so he could throw (really waste) last year seniors season. THE db's were not so hot last year so he gets a promotion? What happened to the second coming of Quarles from the former qb coach with the so called Maryville pedigree like most of the rest of the coaching staff. Maybe he could throw an unproven qb/oc in there and everyone would trust Shinlevers decision just because he was from Maryville? If it blows up,(it did 1-9 except for some old school Delong on o and d in the last game or it would have been0-10), Shinlever could blame it on qb/oc coach and look good if Shelton pulls out some wins in 15. Well if it does not work in 15, then what is the excuse. The D, the kicking game, injuries, schedule, or matbe blame it on the the boosters club? The real blame should be put on the principal for hiring the HC with no successful HC or coordinator experience on either side of the football. Bearden football is going to keep going down until the principal leaves because he got rid of a very good and successful HC and hired an unproven hc that both the principal and new hc and former ad both had a grudge against. Bearden football might not ever recover but they will still have great academics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butthurt much ?? This is so Hilarious ... Bearden's best season ever was 2007 when Bearden was 12-2 and Brad Taylor's first year as head Coach ... going 5-5 in 2011 with one of the best RB's ever in East Tn .... 3-7 his last year in 2013 ..... I guess your right man , I doubt if Bearden will ever be able to recover after getting rid of a " Very Good and Successful HC " !!     :mrgreen:   

Good first scrimmage of the spring it seemed for both teams.  Good energy, but surprisingly very clean with not a lot of penalties.  I liked how the refs were there already.  If I were to say who WON the scrimmage, it would have to be South Doyle.  Anyone who's been around football and these scrimmages though kind of know how they work.  They were doing something like 10 or 12 plays a piece and switching. You also don't know as a fan, when coaches substitute either, so i didn't really know when the first teamers or second teamers were in.  South Doyle had 2 REALLY long runs about half way through the scrimmage for scores and an interception returned for a touchdown for their first score.  Bearden, from what I could tell had 1, but had a couple of drives end inside the 20 because of the play rule I guess.  As far as the Bearden offense, they ran the ball extremely well.  They only had probably a couple of 15+ runs, but were moving the ball consistently down the fields in what a game would equate to first down drives.  The passing was a little off it seemed, but there were several completed short, medium, and long throws.  NO FUMBLES!  Overall, the major differences in this year: the offense is much more disciplined, and will be much more productive, they seem to know what to do, the offensive line and running game is drastically better (they may have reached their season total from last year just in the scrimmage).  When Bearden gets its boys back from track and baseball, and with the couple of transfers I'm hearing are coming, they will win ball games.  They will be far from being the bottom of the league this year. 

Actually, there were a lot more penalties on both sides that weren't called that would have been called in games.  Officials tend to go easy in these types of scrimmages.  They pretty much just call the obvious stuff. 

The scrimmage went about like I expected.  

South-Doyle has a lot of young guys - the Cherokees started 17 seniors (including the K/P) in their last playoff game against West.  Lots of new faces out there now, albeit talented, but young, new faces.  Outstanding team speed overall. They will be fine in the fall.  

Bearden ran the football "ok", don't agree that they ran it well.  I like the QB's arm, but I didn't get to see enough of him throw the ball deep because he didn't have a lot of time to throw.  

As you said, good first scrimmage for both teams.  

That said, South-Doyle will need to step it up in the next week since Oak Ridge comes to South Knoxville for a scrimmage on Thursday.  

Not sure who Bearden will scrimmage next week.

One question - anybody from Bearden know where or if Alex Rouse has landed for the fall?  

Actually, there were a lot more penalties on both sides that weren't called that would have been called in games.  Officials tend to go easy in these types of scrimmages.  They pretty much just call the obvious stuff. 

South-Doyle has a lot of young guys - the Cherokees started 17 seniors (including the K/P) in their last playoff game against West.  Lots of new faces out there now, albeit talented, but young, new faces.  Outstanding team speed overall. They will be fine in the fall.  

Bearden ran the football "ok", don't agree that they ran it well.  I like the QB's arm, but I didn't get to see enough of him throw the ball deep because he didn't have a lot of time to throw.  

That said, South-Doyle will need to step it up in the next week since Oak Ridge comes to South Knoxville for a scrimmage on Thursday.  

One question - anybody from Bearden know where or if Alex Rouse has landed for the fall?  

HTV is he not a part of Bearden's staff this spring?

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have said extremely well.  When you sit through a season like Bearden did last year, it's all relative.  I should have just said, "way better."  I would agree with you though on your observations from the scrimmage.

HTV is he not a part of Bearden's staff this spring?

Didn't see him out there yesterday, and it is my understanding that he is not part of the staff at Bearden any longer.  

And I found out today that the South-Doyle/Oak Ridge scrimmage has been moved to Blankenship Field, still scheduled for next Thursday at 6.  

Didn't see him out there yesterday, and it is my understanding that he is not part of the staff at Bearden any longer.  

And I found out today that the South-Doyle/Oak Ridge scrimmage has been moved to Blankenship Field, still scheduled for next Thursday at 6.  

That seems odd for some reason. I remember when he was at Powell when Rang was there who was another Maryville player and he wasn't brought back for a second season there either. Just seems funny being surrounded by ex team mates two different times. Maybe there is nothing to it and he got a better job but I do remember he was let go at Powell and ended up as a graduate assistant at Carson Newman.

That seems odd for some reason. I remember when he was at Powell when Rang was there who was another Maryville player and he wasn't brought back for a second season there either. Just seems funny being surrounded by ex team mates two different times. Maybe there is nothing to it and he got a better job but I do remember he was let go at Powell and ended up as a graduate assistant at Carson Newman.

Rang ended up as the GA at Carson-Newman, but that was due to his situation with Knox County Schools and the testing issue. Alex was hired at Bearden for the following year.