Best Kickers

josh15

rhinobob i have to agree with you on this one, along with hotmoose. you are two intelligent people. andy bailey noone knows who he is. mcallie's quarterback is a better kicker than this bailey kid (if hes real. Vaughn and bliss is the best kicking combination in the nation end of story. also i hear josh lawson is the best defensive end in the state.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bailey is phenomenal. I say this having seen him first hand at a kicking camp this summer. I was his counselor. Not much instructing on my part, he was just there for the exposure. This kid is real and for real. He has power that puts him in the league of steve little and kevin butler. He won the camp long fieldgoal competion from 60 yards (it went clean into the stands with hardly no wind). He continued hitting on out to 64 yards, which would have been good from 70 ( the ball bounced and still went into the stands located about fifteen yards behind the uprights). Kickoff's were out of the endzone with no adrenalin. Punts were mostly 4.8 to 5 second hangs or better ranging from 42 to 65 yards. I predict punting and kick-offs will be what he does at Georgia for they will probably want him to focus on excelling at one discipline (Kick-offs will be easy for him). It looks like he maybe didn't have enough fieldgoal attempts or punting gross to put him in the running for Mr. Football this year. I think he is better than the year he actually had, but wasn't exactly chopped liver.

Bliss was at a camp I worked two summers ago, but I can't remember him (due to over 150 kids in the camp). I am wondering what he averaged on punts during this years regular season to be the only punter nominated (I don't know of him attempting any fieldgoals this year). It must be high. I also predict that where ever he goes, he will punt and kick-off.

Vaugh sounds like a major college senior not a high school senior. He has over 40 fieldgoals in highschool. That is pretty much what I had in college (Wow, I couldn't hit PAT's as a sophmore). He should be great in college as a placekicker for that position is all about accuracy. Big legs come and go, but the great teams just can't set aside a accuracy kicker who is good out 52 yards.

I did follow O'Conner due to knowing his kicking coach. This kid is also for real. He had something close to 16 or 17 fieldgoals during the regular season. Two or three won ballgames. He too puts them through the uprights on kickoffs.

Colquit has the blood and put up some big numbers to go with it. Two or three times I saw his friday night averages over 50 yards. He did this after accepting the need for him be fill a wide receiver position on offense. This took away the entire practice for him to work on his punting/fieldgoals. Very unselfish.

In ending, we (Tennessee) have a great crop of kickers finishing up this year. Don't we.

Guest Champs12

i think one of the best kikers in highschool that is just a sophmore this year and got named all region for cascade will defenitaly, if he keeps working he will be as good or better than kody bless or the vaughn boy. :)