Batting Order Idea. Strategy

davidlimbaugh

Adopt the NCAA rule and start all matches at the lowest weight if both head coaches agree. If the coaches don't agree you then draw at the beginning of each match. To prevent forfeits a team must wrestle at each weight classification that they had a participant weigh in that morning unless the medical staff determines the student/athlete should not compete. One rule that should be changed in Tennessee is to allow a team to weigh-in as many participants as they wish. Why limit a team to 18 wrestlers as that only prevents teams from including all of their wrestlers. If a team has 75 wrestlers on the roster and wants 75 wrestlers on the bench that is a good thing as it increases participation. Everyone wants to increase participation numbers but they allow the TSSAA (18 on the roster for the state duals) to determine the maximum number of participants of each team in the state duals. If the T$$AA is too CHEAP and does not wish to award 75 medals to a team then allow that school the option of purchasing additional medals.The state of Washington evens go so far as to allow a team to enter two (2) participants in each weight classification for the individual state tournament. They have had two wrestlers from the same school wrestle for a state championship. There are way's for Tennessee to increase participation numbers without adding divisions so that every "Little Johnny" receives a trophy.

speaking of Johnny, WC wouldn't have minded a different rule for choice at 220.

Agreed, complete ditto's.

Weigh in two per weight, great idea In Washington. +All divisions with 8 medals and ONE state champ, keeping divisions point tallies separate. A little more work required to seed after some adjustments for qualifying

speaking of Johnny, WC wouldn't have minded a different rule for choice at 220.

Agreed, complete ditto's.

Weigh in two per weight, great idea In Washington. +All divisions with 8 medals and ONE state champ, keeping divisions point tallies separate. A little more work required to seed after some adjustments for qualifying

The 220 match didn't decide the dual and that was CHS's 2nd win against WC this season. Edited by rlwest40

I knew Cleveland had the match won going into that last match at 120 with Blasit. I didn't think WCs 120 was on Tristan's level. And Gather had already beat Kramer once this year. One thing that's tough about Cleveland is that they have 4 or 5 guys that can wrestle up or down. Their coaches are great at setting their lineup according to the competition.

Edited by fooseball96

the one thing that's tough about Cleveland is that they have 4 or 5 guys that can wrestle up or down. Their coaches are great at setting their lineup according to the competition.

this is true today and will only go up over the next few years... Baylor as well. stronger-deeper teams are coming up.

Something I picked up on while at state the last year or two is that Cleveland/Bradley city/county and Baylor administration, both at school level and deptl/area/county are in attendance. I'm not just talking AD's, I'm not just talking former coaches turned admin, It's Principles, Vice Principles, superintendents and more. Next to family support,,, this is what makes things happen!!

This was the year to knock off the blue raiders... Jeff Price has to be proud of what his former state champ & UTC wrestler is doing with that CHS feeder as well. Yost may even find Mr Boskin a Keeper. Remember what happened to BC soon after Al Morris stepped down from the Bears feeder?

Those CHS Cheerleaders were VERY LOUD too, I had to move 😱

Edited by Sommers

this is true today and will only go up over the next few years... Baylor as well. stronger-deeper teams are coming up.

Something I picked up on while at state the last year or two is that Bradley county and Baylor administration, both at school level and deptl/area/county are in attendance. I'm not just talking AD's, I'm not just talking former coaches turned admin, It's Principles, Vice Principles, superintendents and more. Next to family support,,, this is what makes things happen!!

This was the year to knock off the blue raiders... Jeff Price has to be proud of what his former state champ & UTC wrestler is doing with that CHS feeder as well.

Those CHS Cheerleaders were VERY LOUD too, I had to move 😱

I believe the AD at Cleveland said they brought over 500 people. Even the new head football coach, Scott Cummings was their to cheer

David and 1VN: I disagree with before the match assigning of the weights order... Typically the athletes warm up on the mat then they sit down because they know they won't go on the mat until the x match.... I would rather the ones that have not wrestled be active and ready to go at a moments notice because their coach may need them NOW rather than sitting down and watching. Most of the team would be more heavily invested into the event results as the meet progresses. I guess I may be promoting more of a pinch hitter than batting order idea.

But HSDAD is right. The idea will never fly unless a coach champions it during the annual coaches meeting. Just like having the state duals tournament will never happen (oh wait that idea actually became reality).

Edited by StarRaider
  • Upvote 1