3A semis set!

TFL

Has Jellico already clinched 3rd place to put them playing the district 3 #2? Thought they had to play O.S.?

You are correct they do still have to play OZ for 3rd place..... both games between the two were very close and competitive with Jellico winning both.    Should be a good game between the two but I do believe Jellico will pull it out. I heard that game will be played Friday night....weather pending.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jellico has to travel. They lost to Coalfield in the semis. That will be a tough game for the #2 on this side.

I agree.. Whoever gets Jellico will be challenged...... Their point guard Bowlin is a player and will keep them in the game for the most part...... but I think either Meigs or Grace will pull out the win against Jellico....... Could you imagine if Meigs or Grace had Bowlin on their team with what each has as supporting cast ...... They both could very well make it to state.....but with him they would be a lock......Zy at 2 guard would be nasty and Bowlin running the point at Grace would make their whole team better.     Hey, it's fun to imagine.....Lol

Have not seen Bowlin, but he is obviously very good and on any given night win a ball game by himself. That is why whoever gets Jellico in the region tourney will have it tough...IF he plays well. I also believe that whoever has to travel to Coalfield or Oakdale will have it tough as well. Seen the other 3 teams left on the 4A side and ALL have a chance to pull out wins. Especially in a one and done scenario. I'm still loving the Grace and Meigs got it all wrapped up attitude...:) Both are really good teams, BUT their are a couple of teams in this region that can beat them. They are not world beaters, though by their talk, they would like you to think they are. Maybe they will run rough shod through the rest of the District tourney and Region tourney...OR they will BOTH be left out in the cold with their inflated egos being punctured. However, I would say that the coaches of all of the remaining teams will stress having the right mindset to make it to a sub-State game and maybe trip to the Boro. Good banter by fans either way.

By the way, as a HUGE supporter of keeping publics and privates separate when it comes tourney time, I hope two public schools represent our region in the sub-State games...that goes for either district. Sorry Grace fans, but not a lot would make me happier than you all getting knocked out as early as possible:) Probably won't happen, yet it's wishful thinking.

By the way, as a HUGE supporter of keeping publics and privates separate when it comes tourney time, I hope two public schools represent our region in the sub-State games...that goes for either district. Sorry Grace fans, but not a lot would make me happier than you all getting knocked out as early as possible:) Probably won't happen, yet it's wishful thinking.

Tellico is tough and has confidence going into the Meigs matchup, winning both regular season games. I see Meigs pulling it out in the end.

As far as your other jibberish about public vs private, there's another thread for that or write a letter to Nashville. You've got 4 more years of seeing the Rams in our new Region, get used to it.

Edited by gcapride

Tellico is tough and has confidence going into the Meigs matchup, winning both regular season games. I see Meigs pulling it out in the end.

As far as your other jibberish about public vs private, there's another thread for that or write a letter to Nashville. You've got 4 more years of seeing the Rams in our new Region, get used to it.

Just hope all your players are paying their own way to attend Grace:):):)...jibberish aside.

Have not seen Bowlin, but he is obviously very good and on any given night win a ball game by himself. That is why whoever gets Jellico in the region tourney will have it tough...IF he plays well. I also believe that whoever has to travel to Coalfield or Oakdale will have it tough as well. Seen the other 3 teams left on the 4A side and ALL have a chance to pull out wins. Especially in a one and done scenario. I'm still loving the Grace and Meigs got it all wrapped up attitude...:) Both are really good teams, BUT their are a couple of teams in this region that can beat them. They are not world beaters, though by their talk, they would like you to think they are. Maybe they will run rough shod through the rest of the District tourney and Region tourney...OR they will BOTH be left out in the cold with their inflated egos being punctured. However, I would say that the coaches of all of the remaining teams will stress having the right mindset to make it to a sub-State game and maybe trip to the Boro. Good banter by fans either way.

The talk on here is done by fans , some of it confidence, most of it wishful thinking!!! Does not reflect the mindset/thoughts of players or coaches for the particular teams! They are straight business right now , so somebody has to get on here and stir the pot!

Concord Christian joins the District next yr. and though I doubt they are very good right now, how long before they start dominating or competing @ a very high level? Competing for District/Region Championships? Over/ under 4 yrs....? Who knows, maybe they are a "true" Christian private school looking to give students a good quality Christian education with sports as a secondary focus...there are some of those out there:) Only time will tell, I guess.

Concord Christian joins the District next yr. and though I doubt they are very good right now, how long before they start dominating or competing @ a very high level? Competing for District/Region Championships? Over/ under 4 yrs....? Who knows, maybe they are a "true" Christian private school looking to give students a good quality Christian education with sports as a secondary focus...there are some of those out there:) Only time will tell, I guess.

Troy Fleeming as the Football coach might be a clue.

It was rhetorical really Pujo...they already have a great girls volleyball program...competing and winning championships. They are located in Farragut area...plenty of talent that can be filtered in. Especially for singleA ball. Thanks for playing. Anybody else want to chime in? By the way Pujo, over/under 4 yrs?:)