Region 6A Tournament predictions?

Uknow

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we have the District semi-finals all over again with the home and visitors jerseys reversed.  I am hoping for a reversal of the results as well.  All 4 teams are playing well so let's throw up the ball and get on with it.   Good luck PC Lady Vikings.  I want at least 3 more games with one at home.

Edited by rllord

Inferior teams? Nice compliment. Inferior team that held PC to 3 of its 4 lowest point totals of the year (dont think PC even scored 40 against Stown all year). Frank Hughes that stayed with Loretto in both games during the regular season (I believe both were 5 point games or less). Summertown is playing the best defense this district has seen in years at this point. Last night they held SF to 8 points in the second half (0 for the third qtr), They held Frank Hughes without a made basket from the field until the 4 minute mark of the 3rd qtr. In the district semis they held PC to 11 points in the 2nd half including just 4 in the third qtr. I dont care who you are, when you play defense like that, you have a chance against anybody, including the so called untouchable PC. I hope some of the Stown girls read that comment and take it personal against PC. Keep it real folks.

Yes, you did hold us to that. Not so much because of great defense-more so because a freshman dominated team often struggles to score. If you played that great of defense, Richland would not have scored in the 50s on you last night.

Summertown has had over 50 points scored on them 7 times this season, so by your logic they don't have a very good defense either.

Inferior teams? Nice compliment. Inferior team that held PC to 3 of its 4 lowest point totals of the year (dont think PC even scored 40 against Stown all year). Frank Hughes that stayed with Loretto in both games during the regular season (I believe both were 5 point games or less). Summertown is playing the best defense this district has seen in years at this point. Last night they held SF to 8 points in the second half (0 for the third qtr), They held Frank Hughes without a made basket from the field until the 4 minute mark of the 3rd qtr. In the district semis they held PC to 11 points in the 2nd half including just 4 in the third qtr. I dont care who you are, when you play defense like that, you have a chance against anybody, including the so called untouchable PC. I hope some of the Stown girls read that comment and take it personal against PC. Keep it real folks.

Well I was staying out of this but since you started in on Loretto, Ill join in.  You may want to check those scores about Frank Hughes staying with Loretto within 5 points first two games they played.  First game Sirmones was out and could not play but still won by 7.  Second game I think it was 11 or 12, not sure but could have been more.  The last game we had two starters out and another one sick and lost by 1.  dug a deep hole first quarter but out scored them the 2ns, 3rd and 4th quarter.

As for the Perry Co. vs. Summertown game, yes Summertown won and played a good game.  but lets be honest.  Perry Co. had an off night and struggled one offense and not to hurt your feelings but they missed wide open shots, it was not because the defense was so good as much as perry co was off that night. 

Edited by RedTang

Anything can happen in tournament games. Also Mr. Vandy Chris if you were at the Richland game you would know that Richland's girls were making three's with hands in there faces and fading away from the basket. They made eight three's with hands all over them and only one that was wide open. When a team is on the brink of elimination anything can happen and that's why Richland scored 55 last night but Linden's girls looked really really focused and poised to make to Mt. Pleasant tomorrow night. Just hope they are ready for the challenge tomorrow.