Region 6A Tournament predictions?

Uknow

Inferior teams? Nice compliment. Inferior team that held PC to 3 of its 4 lowest point totals of the year (dont think PC even scored 40 against Stown all year). Frank Hughes that stayed with Loretto in both games during the regular season (I believe both were 5 point games or less). Summertown is playing the best defense this district has seen in years at this point. Last night they held SF to 8 points in the second half (0 for the third qtr), They held Frank Hughes without a made basket from the field until the 4 minute mark of the 3rd qtr. In the district semis they held PC to 11 points in the 2nd half including just 4 in the third qtr. I dont care who you are, when you play defense like that, you have a chance against anybody, including the so called untouchable PC. I hope some of the Stown girls read that comment and take it personal against PC. Keep it real folks.

I saw no drubbing until the Summertown coach started trying to find a player who could get a hot hand. They simply did not shoot the ball. 3rd quarter saw almost none of the starters on the floor for more than a few plays. What I did see, as I have seen all season with Perry co's coach, were starters pressing with 5 min left in the game and a 15+ point lead. Don't get me wrong, it's her perogative, but dang...karma can be a b$&@%.

If I were the S'town coach, I think my starters would never come out for the next 3 years while those freshmen get a little payback.

Must be something in the water in Summertown? Either that or Vandychris and watchman72 ate a lot of paint chips when they were kids!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw no drubbing until the Summertown coach started trying to find a player who could get a hot hand. They simply did not shoot the ball. 3rd quarter saw almost none of the starters on the floor for more than a few plays. What I did see, as I have seen all season with Perry co's coach, were starters pressing with 5 min left in the game and a 15+ point lead. Don't get me wrong, it's her perogative, but dang...karma can be a b$&@%.

If I were the S'town coach, I think my starters would never come out for the next 3 years while those freshmen get a little payback.

If you think anything is going to change in the next 3 yrs I feel you are badly mistaken. Edited by theGURU

Lol you are assuming I'm as blind as you to both sides. I'm not pulling for either team, I just like good ball. If you think Summertown isn't going to be a concern for you in coming years, you're as ignorant as most of the posts in this forum. Does that mean PC will be easy for them? Not at all. But it will make for some good ball.

I never liked a call in that situation.... Loretto should be mad about the lane violation that costed them the lead in the 2nd OT... Perry Co. has been on the wrong side of a lane violation, I guess it all works out. I know they thought that was a BS call in their situation against Summertown but my how they must have enjoyed the one the got tonight!

Loretto's fans shouldn't boo kids. Boo the refs. I believe our ladies deserve to show off. The lady's program has NEVER WON A REGION CHAMPIONSHIP! But they should do it with class and not taunt.

Wow I am so glad you are able to distinguish that they were booing the girls.  All I saw was booing of the refs, specifically the one who had relatives playing for Mt. Pleasant who Loretto put out.  He was the ref that made the lane violation call and over ruled the ref that called the foul on at the end.  Payback sucks sometimes.   And I will say the way the Perry Co. girls acted was a bit classless yelling at the fans like the did but hey when your boys team has a player flips off the whole crowd during a game when he fouls out how could you expect anything less.   

Edited by RedTang