Don Odom has weighed in about Riverdale-Smyrna

fredjones

Who will coach next season?

Both coaches should do the right thing and step down and move on. There is no way either can move forward at these schools with this situation hanging over their head. Respect has been lost for both coaches involved. Not sure they can move the programs forward in a positive direction. This situation will tarnish both schools for years to come. I think it would be smart for both schools to cut their losses now and move forward trying to find coaches in their programs.

Piling on, an old time football term, was a fifteen yard penalty. Officials should call piling on against Rutherford County school administrators. They are all just piling on. Their offices should be moved back fifteen yards, so they can get a broader view.

Really!

2nd time Riverdale girls basketball has embarrassed the county. Made news then too. Riverdale should have 2 yrs of postseason ban, and no summer camps.

Now you are piling on. See how easy it is.

What you and some fail to see is that the schools that follow the rules are the ones that are being punished. They are not playing out of zone kids nor recruiting them and hence can't keep up with the joneses! Uneven playing field. The slap on the wrist is the typical punishment. High School sports should not be ever about recruiting players, period. Some schools like the one discussed really think they are doing nothing wrong when they have those discussions with parents, etc. Its really amazing.

What you and some fail to see is that the schools that follow the rules are the ones that are being punished. They are not playing out of zone kids nor recruiting them and hence can't keep up with the joneses! Uneven playing field. The slap on the wrist is the typical punishment. High School sports should not be ever about recruiting players, period. Some schools like the one discussed really think they are doing nothing wrong when they have those discussions with parents, etc. Its really amazing.

Still think you are piling on Oledad. Got you a new coacht membership, just to pile on. If schools or coaches are playing out of zone players illegally, then the school hurt by this activity should report them to the TSSAA. If coaches are using undue influence to recruit players, the same. And I don't think you are qualified to tell me what I don't see or for that matter what I can see.

• Upvote 1

Still think you are piling on Oledad. Got you a new coacht membership, just to pile on. If schools or coaches are playing out of zone players illegally, then the school hurt by this activity should report them to the TSSAA. If coaches are using undue influence to recruit players, the same. And I don't think you are qualified to tell me what I don't see or for that matter what I can see.

Trust me when I say I know. A lot of this does get turned in but it's really hard to prove. Know for fact out of zone player was turned in to co. Not only did county not make her go to zoned school but also their was no consequence for coach. Even though some other Rutherford co schools had to send the player back. I know! And I am qualified to tell you that you don't see it because you probably have no idea what I'm referring to.

Trust me when I say I know. A lot of this does get turned in but it's really hard to prove. Know for fact out of zone player was turned in to co. Not only did county not make her go to zoned school but also their was no consequence for coach. Even though some other Rutherford co schools had to send the player back. I know! And I am qualified to tell you that you don't see it because you probably have no idea what I'm referring to.

Well by all means, enlighten us all as what you are referring to. Please use the newspaper reporter's terms: Who, what, when, where, and why