Region 2A

TFL

All in all Harriman and their administration did a pretty good job and considering the snow and ice, a lot of things are out of their control.

But it would be extremely hard for me to believe just the two paper guys you are referring to are the only influence as to who picks the all tournament team.

I don't want to take away from someone name to the team but Oneida not having one on the team is a travesty. But if Harriman did have 3 was just not right. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEVER in all my rounds (3 players...11 years) with region tournament play did a team put out in the first round of the tournament have anyone on all-region tournament team. I just don't understand why everyone hates Oneida that much that they would deny deserving players that honor. Shame on whoever is at fault. And people wonder why we are so against the rotation of tournament hosting the way it is. The Lady Indians were 4 pts from that championship game but that doesn't matter. Seems to me that the TSSAA needs to come down on tournament host schools with some form of punishment for things such as this. WRONG IS WRONG !!! Whether it be intentionally throwing a game or denying a top four region team players recognition for playing hard and TRYING TO WIN! Proud of these Ladies and how they represented Oneida.

I've been all all-tournament committees in the past, but wasn't on this one. Just wanted to throw that out there because I've had a few people say something to me thinking I had something to do with it. I also don't think I've ever seen a player make the team after losing in the first round. I don't necessarily have a problem with it though if they went off and none of the final four teams had more deserving players, but I was definitely floored when I only heard one player from Grace and none from Oneida announced. 

Harriman had two girls chosen on the all region team, not 3.  Not saying it's right, just getting facts right.  They did have three chosen after the district tourney, which was at least one too many.  

Since the Morgan County guy says he had nothing to do with it, the team was chosen by a brand new writer at the Roane County paper.  I saw him give the list to the table after the game. That's why it wasn't done well.

Don't know why the hate for Harriman folks running a tourney.  That's not an easy thing to do, especially with all the weather issues they dealt with.  Most schools would prefer not to deal with the hassle.

Brand New Sportswriter for Roane Co. Paper =  Poor Basketball IQ

Host School = Responsible of Unbiased Selection of All-Region Team

What we got? =  Homerism in its finest form

The two Harriman Recipients for All Region =  Should have actually been two Oneida Players

Isn't funny that several of the All Region Players weren't even there.....!  That is because they had no expectation of receiving anything.....including one of the harriman Players.....!

Kaz