WHAT SENIORS HAVE SIGNED WHERE?

coyotewrestlingclub

It appears we have another "Idiot Alert" on the post.  WG says something that is not true and hopes it sticks only to have somebody; who actually knows what he is talking about, call him out on it.

I too have a problem with WG.  If saying club upsets those who wrestle for the program, why did you yourself say "club"?  Also, I read the MTSU post that was posted on here and it contradicts what you said earlier.  Care to elaborate?  If the website facenthecrowd posted is correct, it is opposite of what WG states.  This does not surprise me at all.

Edited by hoosierdad

MTSU is recognized as a club through the Recreation Department at the University.  And several posters are correct in what they have said on this thread so far.  But let me clarify a few things.  Many choose to go to MTSU simply for the opportunity to wrestle.  I'm not so certain that it is the competition level, or the ability to come and go as you choose (which is far from true, btw), or anything else.  A major draw for the University is the location of the school, the environment of the school, the closeness of the team (MTSU has one of the most closely knit teams there is), and again, the opportunities on the mat. 

Everyone is familiar with Title 9, and what it has done to the sport.  The NCWA has granted opportunities to all schools whether they had varsity programs that were dropped or not.  Some schools have teams that have no coach and my have as little as one member on the team, others have 50+ on their roster, a full coaching staff, full funding, scholarships, and travel budgets.  Luckily, in the state of Tennessee, MTSU does have a full budget, a coaching staff, wrestling scholarships, and a competitive wrestling schedule.  Also, the NCWA offers an additional weight class (235lbs) and teams can enter a non-scorer at each weight for the possibility of taking 22 wrestlers to their national tournament to each team.  

And this is not just MTSU.  Memphis is starting to grow its NCWA team, as is ETSU.  MTSU, just has a bit of a head start on the others.  Instead of looking down on the NCWA teams, why not investigate them further and support them?  In a sport that, every year, has opportunities taken away as teams are dropped, why not support any and every opportunity that is available??  There are VERY good things going on at MTSU, ETSU, and Memphis right now.  And it is going on through the NCWA.  I know for a fact with the way things are run, and the way the league is structured, you will very well start seeing a lot of coaches in the state of Tennessee that are alumni from NCWA schools.  This again, gives back to this sport that we love.  Lets look at this entire thing from another angle.

Also, if i may say, cadet130, I'd LOVE to see you come back and retake the program you left!  So lets make that happen! :)

• Upvote 2

It appears we have another "Idiot Alert" on the post.  WG says something that is not true and hopes it sticks only to have somebody; who actually knows what he is talking about, call him out on it.

I too have a problem with WG.  If saying club upsets those who wrestle for the program, why did you yourself say "club"?  Also, I read the MTSU post that was posted on here and it contradicts what you said earlier.  Care to elaborate?  If the website facenthecrowd posted is correct, it is opposite of what WG states.  This does not surprise me at all.

Ok i got my years wrong, mtsu beat cumberland two years ago not one, totally justifiable for you to now tar and feather me..go ahead...

I never said the MTSU program wasnt a club team, i was implying that the stigma around the word "club" is what drives stock in the mt program down when in fact theyre a fantastic program.

btw if you have a problem ive never been one to hide my identity, look me up on fb ill be glad to give you my phone number and we can discuss as adults but talking trash on a forum behind a screen name doesnt look bad on me it reflects a certain level of immaturity on you, anything else?

Ok i got my years wrong, mtsu beat cumberland two years ago not one, totally justifiable for you to now tar and feather me..go ahead...

I never said the MTSU program wasnt a club team, i was implying that the stigma around the word "club" is what drives stock in the mt program down when in fact theyre a fantastic program.

btw if you have a problem ive never been one to hide my identity, look me up on fb ill be glad to give you my phone number and we can discuss as adults but talking trash on a forum behind a screen name doesnt look bad on me it reflects a certain level of immaturity on you, anything else?

I will try to get back to you later after I have someone translate this.  Did you take English 101 at MTSU?  Certainly they would have taught you better.

Not hiding behind a screen name, my name is hoosierdad.

Also, read the website posted earlier and read your earlier post and you wil see the contradictions.

It is what it is. 

This is to keep it honest.

Edited by hoosierdad

Compare what is said on this website to what WG says.  These 2 do not match.  Not saying which is wrong but one has to be wrong.

Just saying.

Thats not true. MTSU is a club team because the school does not fund them, because of Title IX. They have scholarship wrestlers and believe me, as a former MT wrestler, between work and school and practices, its exactly like a job. I promise you if you tried to "come and go as you please" the MT coaching staff would ask you to not come back. 

Is MTSU's wrestling program a "club team"?

According to this website, it is.  If it is a club, how can it be borderline offensive for the wrestlers to hear the word "club"?  If it is a club, it is a club.  Don't be so defensive.  You yourself said it is a club team so what gives?  Also, are you saying the information on this website is not true?

http://mtsu.edu/camprec/clubs/clubsinfo.php

Wrestling  

MTSU wrestling is back after a few years of being down and we are ready to kick it in full gear. We are allowing anyone and everyone to come out. If you are serious then great and if not then just come out to have fun and roll around on the mats. Wrestling is a great way to get in shape, so, for you people looking for some exercise come on out too! 

Copied straight from their website.

A few corrections, if we may;

As of yet, Only Feuerbacher and King have committed to MTSU for next year. If Binns and Baltz would like to wrestle for us, we'd be happy to have them (as they already know) and there's a home here for them.

The term "club" doesn't bother us one bit. That's what we are. But this club has lined up against and beaten teams from NAIA, NJCAA, and NCAA D-3, so it's not the form of club sports that you're probably used to, but call it whatever you'd like. Those sorts of discussions are best left on message boards like these, and that's exactly what they're for. Celebrate freedom of speech! This is still America!

We just appreciate the support.

Go Blue!

Compare what is said on this website to what WG says.  These 2 do not match.  Not saying which is wrong but one has to be wrong.

Just saying.

How are these different? I never said anything wrong in my statement.

Yes MTSU is not funded by the school

Yes MTSU still offers scholarships to certain athletes on the team

The website you're looking at is from 08-09, 6 years ago.

go to blueraiderwrestling.com

I never said it wasnt a club team, again, the stigma behind the word club is what is what I dont like. Is there a specific reason you are so combative against what I have to say? If we've met and ive done something to offend you or something you didnt like i apologize but man up and keep ur personal crap off these forums, if you have a problem approach me as a man, dont cower behind anonymity.

Edited by WrestlingGod

How are these different? I never said anything wrong in my statement.

Yes MTSU is not funded by the school

Yes MTSU still offers scholarships to certain athletes on the team

The website you're looking at is from 08-09, 6 years ago.

go to blueraiderwrestling.com

I never said it wasnt a club team, again, the stigma behind the word club is what is what I dont like. Is there a specific reason you are so combative against what I have to say? If we've met and ive done something to offend you or something you didnt like i apologize but man up and keep ur personal crap off these forums, if you have a problem approach me as a man, dont cower behind anonymity.

MTSU is  a club program, you can not argue that. They are in the same division as UT's team who anyone can join for 100$ and come and go as you please. Same thing, MTSU just takes their team a little more serious and has the funds to provide scholarships. Still, the original topic of this forum is where seniors are signing so WrestlingGod, please keep your uneducated comments off of here and if you would like a page do talk #### please create a separate forum. 

MTSU has nothing special about their program and are the same as any club program and deserve the classification of "club" because THATS WHAT THEY ARE. No offense, but that team wouldn't be able to compete against the guys of the next level and is majority of mediocre wrestlers from high school in TN.

MatWiz is correct. UT-Knoxville is in the same league as MTSU.

But so is Liberty, U.S. Naval Academy, Air Force Prep, last year Grand Canyon University and a host of other fully funded programs.

As I said before. Some teams may have one single member. Others have more than a full roster.

• Upvote 2