TSSAA’s council considers split 3-11-15

After the whipping Rankin received, I'm sure he's leading the charge like he has done before.

I was very proud of Alcoa's 2014 season. Its one for the history books in Alcoa football. After 3 games in 9 days to start the season then follow that up with another chance to play for a State Championship. For prespective sake,

I don't think that any other classification has been affected more by the Privates than 3A has. Primarily due to the fact that student population plus a 1.8 multiplier lands them in our lap. Alcoa had a gauntlet of Privates that no one in any other classification had to deal with. We had Catholic for the District chamionship, then CAK for the Qtrs, Notre Dame for the Semi's, then lost to CPA in the State Champ 7-0. What othe classification had to do that? CPA was the better Team and a class act. I would call us beat up but I don't call that a whipping...I call it a highly successful season.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

University High is not a private school. It's a public lab school tied to ETSU.

Never said that they were private. Just stated that since they don't have football some of the UH students are allowed to play football on other teams and the Silverbacks are one of those teams that have had UH students in the past. Tri Cities Christian has had kids from the Job Corps over on Holston Mountain playing on their team in the past. I think it was 2009 that either TCCS or the Silverbacks had what was probably the fastest backfield ever put together (but not much of a line). There was a 4.3, two 4.5, and a 4.6 if I remember right in the same backfield. Don't remember what their football skills were like but they could haul the freight in a straight line.

Never said that they were private. Just stated that since they don't have football some of the UH students are allowed to play football on other teams and the Silverbacks are one of those teams that have had UH students in the past. Tri Cities Christian has had kids from the Job Corps over on Holston Mountain playing on their team in the past. I think it was 2009 that either TCCS or the Silverbacks had what was probably the fastest backfield ever put together (but not much of a line). There was a 4.3, two 4.5, and a 4.6 if I remember right in the same backfield. Don't remember what their football skills were like but they could haul the freight in a straight line.

did that tri-cities program not have a kid that was severly injured (broke back, head injury or sometrhing like that) in a Friday night game a few years back?........if so, do you know how he is doing?......hope is he recovered 

cant imagine Rankin doing much complaining about the Privates; he has a pretty good track record of winning over them and smacking the snot out of most of them....if he did this after finally losing on of very few to one of them, then shame on him

matter of fact; you never heard much if any, of the schools whining about ND in Booger's area and around the valleys up to a few years ago.....because they had all for the most part, beat the brakes off ND every year .....well, you heard all the whining parents at the girls soccer games, but that is about it 

this whole thing started a few years back when Marion County busted the almighty nationally ranked Brentwood right square in the mouth and onto their backsides to win one of their state championships

Booger just sayin..football-running-smiley-emoticon.gif