Any make All American Fresh/Soph Duals

marathon

What I thought was great was that , we drive all the way to Iowa, compete against all those teams, The only loss for Zack was against Brock from team TN. Brock is awesome. What about Landers pulling it out against Fuller. I believe a couple of the 7-1 kids only lost to TN kids. I could be wrong on that so don't kill me if I am. Great hard wrestling this weekend from all. Iowa, Tennessee, Montana, a step above the others. Maybe some respect coming soon for our kids. Heard one mom from another state talking loudly about us backwoods rock carrying people from TN. She needs to visit TN then go back to Iowa and figure out who is really backwoods two tooth having Iowa !!$$#%$%!!!!!!!!!!

Buckeye you are right in the fact that we (TN) are improving. Also, you are correct in some of the 7-1 kids only losing to another tn. kid. Like you i hope TN can start earning some respect. Middle school team and the 6th grade team finished 2nd overall. I believe this is due to the state overall improving on getting more wrestlers involved in off-season training. Even the younger kids are wrestling and working more. 

He's state championship came from freshman-senior at 132. He did jump to 145 and go undefeated but it was only freshman-sophomore so not as impressive as many make it out to be, but still an accomplishment.

8th grade 98/lb USA Wrestling National Runner-up (Freestyle & Greco Roman)

Freshmen: 106/lb State Champion

Sophomore: 132/lb State Champion

Sophomore: 145/lb AAU Duals (Undefeated)

Very few kids are able to jump that many weight classifications and still win a state title much less perform well on a national level. If he continues to grow I could see Eli King winning a state title at 160/lb his senior year.

Edited by cbg

8th grade 98/lb USA Wrestling National Runner-up (Freestyle & Greco Roman)

Freshmen: 106/lb State Champion

Sophomore: 132/lb State Champion

Sophomore: 145/lb AAU Duals (Undefeated)

Very few kids are able to jump that many weight classifications and still win a state title much less perform well on a national level. If he continues to grow I could see Eli King winning a state title at 160/lb his senior year.

This is high school wrestling not middle school if you want to talk about Eli King's accomplishments in MIDDLE SCHOOL make a new thread this thread was to discuss the FRESHMAN/SOPHOMORE national duals.

Freshman year: Eli King defeated a freshman at 106 to win the state title (a weight class full of freshmen with a few sophomores)

Sophomore year: Eli King lost to a junior (Michael Murphy) at 138. He then dropped a weight class to 132 and defeated a sophomore, freshman, and then another sophomore in the finals

Then at the national duals he wrestled 145 and defeated on freshmen and sophomores. Most freshman and sophomores have yet to hit puberty. Very few kids are able to jump weight classes and defeat more competitive wrestlers. Eli King has had an impressive career, but not nearly as impressive as you make him out to seem. Michael Murphy (Junior last year) defeated Eli King their last match up handily. Murphy was 3 matches away from placing at Junior nationals (which means only Juniors). So King going undefeated at freshman/sophomore duals at a higher weight class is a good, but not great accomplishment.

Then at the national duals he wrestled 145 and defeated on freshmen and sophomores. Most freshman and sophomores have yet to hit puberty. Very few kids are able to jump weight classes and defeat more competitive wrestlers. Eli King has had an impressive career, but not nearly as impressive as you make him out to seem. Michael Murphy (Junior last year) defeated Eli King their last match up handily. Murphy was 3 matches away from placing at Junior nationals (which means only Juniors). So King going undefeated at freshman/sophomore duals at a higher weight class is a good, but not great accomplishment.

Thanks for clarifying Westernwrestler.  I though this was a big deal but now, with your expert insight, realize that Eli, Boykin, Brock, Sells, Wilkins etc, just had a "good, but not great accomplishment."  I now question why we wasted the gas.

Edited by yoadrian

Thanks for clarifying Westernwrestler.  I though this was a big deal but now, with your expert insight, realize that Eli, Boykin, Brock, Sells, Wilkins etc, just had a "good, but not great accomplishment."  I now question why we wasted the gas.

I apologize I misplaced my glasses and cant locate them at this time to read my last post. Please show me where I mentioned Boykin, Brock (Herring?), Sells, or Wilkins.

I apologize I misplaced my glasses and cant locate them at this time to read my last post. Please show me where I mentioned Boykin, Brock (Herring?), Sells, or Wilkins.

"So King going undefeated at freshman/sophomore duals at a higher weight class is a good, but not great accomplishment." was your statement.  

I assume your opinions of the other freshman/sophomore wrestlers that went undefeated are the same.  Or maybe you mean that only in Kings case it was a good, but not great, accomplishment.

"So King going undefeated at freshman/sophomore duals at a higher weight class is a good, but not great accomplishment." was your statement.  

I assume your opinions of the other freshman/sophomore wrestlers that went undefeated are the same.  Or maybe you mean that only in Kings case it was a good, but not great, accomplishment.

yodrain, not once, not twice, but THREE times (simply math I might add) I am saying this: King going undefeated at freshman/sophomore duals is good. It could be better. He could have placed at super 32 or Flownationals where he would have to wrestle some upperclassman who unlike the little boys he has been wrestling (maybe, maybe not) have hit puberty, went through a voice change, and grew hair on their chest. What is more impressive a Sophomore beating kids his age or even younger or beating an upperclassmen as an underclassman?

As for the others, I still don't have my glasses I am at work and I believe I left them at home where did I ever say anything about any other wrestler on that team? No, so do not make assumptions.

Edited by westernwrestler

yodrain, not once, not twice, but THREE times (simply math I might add) I am saying this: King going undefeated at freshman/sophomore duals is good. It could be better. He could have placed at super 32 or Flownationals where he would have to wrestle some upperclassman who unlike the little boys he has been wrestling (maybe, maybe not) have hit puberty, went through a voice change, and grew hair on their chest. What is more impressive a Sophomore beating kids his age or even younger or beating an upperclassmen as an underclassman?

As for the others, I still don't have my glasses I am at work and I believe I left them at home where did I ever say anything about any other wrestler on that team? No, so do not make assumptions.

You are killing me coach.  First you bring up the middle school and 6th grade team finishing 2nd then a few posts later you jump on cbg IN CAPS for mentioning a middle school accomplishment "this thread is to discuss the "FRESHMAN/SOPHOMORE nationals" and tell him to start a middle school thread.  Then you call Wilkins a "BEAST" and downplay King's accomplishment.  I didn't read where you wrote Wilkins wrestling the little boys at freshman sophomore nationals and challenging him to go to Flo.  What's your problem with King and cbg and now me?

You are killing me coach.  First you bring up the middle school and 6th grade team finishing 2nd then a few posts later you jump on cbg IN CAPS for mentioning a middle school accomplishment "this thread is to discuss the "FRESHMAN/SOPHOMORE nationals" and tell him to start a middle school thread.  Then you call Wilkins a "BEAST" and downplay King's accomplishment.  I didn't read where you wrote Wilkins wrestling the little boys at freshman sophomore nationals and challenging him to go to Flo.  What's your problem with King and cbg and now me?

Don't worry yoadrain, I went to the glasses store on my break and found you some idiot proof glasses so that way you wont stink up this thread with your incorrect, stupid, and down right hilariously naive comments. I have never mentioned any 6th grade team placing 2nd anywhere the only person who has done that is werazzlin its post #13. Cbg mentioned King's accomplishments from 8th grade. This thread is for freshmen/sophomores that's why I have focused my discussion around King, the state brackets say his a sophomore and the freshman/sophomore duals that only freshman and sophomores can enter also say he's a sophomore since he wrestled in it. Again, werazzlin was the one who mentioned Wilkins. I can help you find that post it is on page 1, 8 posts down very simply. I do not have a problem with anybody, I got on here to discuss wrestling and treating King like he has accomplished something great is wrong he has accomplished something good. Beating kids who still aren't used to the fact that high school doesn't have recess isn't as impressive as beating an upperclassman who looks bigger than those string beans i buy at the store that look like most underclassmen.

Don't worry yoadrain, I went to the glasses store on my break and found you some idiot proof glasses so that way you wont stink up this thread with your incorrect, stupid, and down right hilariously naive comments. I have never mentioned any 6th grade team placing 2nd anywhere the only person who has done that is werazzlin its post #13. Cbg mentioned King's accomplishments from 8th grade. This thread is for freshmen/sophomores that's why I have focused my discussion around King, the state brackets say his a sophomore and the freshman/sophomore duals that only freshman and sophomores can enter also say he's a sophomore since he wrestled in it. Again, werazzlin was the one who mentioned Wilkins. I can help you find that post it is on page 1, 8 posts down very simply. I do not have a problem with anybody, I got on here to discuss wrestling and treating King like he has accomplished something great is wrong he has accomplished something good. Beating kids who still aren't used to the fact that high school doesn't have recess isn't as impressive as beating an upperclassman who looks bigger than those string beans i buy at the store that look like most underclassmen.

Back in the day there was no freshman/sophomore, Cadet/Junior Divisions. However, now there is. Are you saying if he wins Fargo (assuming he's still Cadet) it's only a good accomplishment, not a great one? Since he's wrestling against people his own age.

Edited by Newestguy

............. treating King like he has accomplished something great is wrong he has accomplished something good. Beating kids who still aren't used to the fact that high school doesn't have recess isn't as impressive as beating an upperclassman who looks bigger than those string beans i buy at the store that look like most underclassmen.

Sorry, but that sure seems like an insult.  I was there and King beat a couple of hammers.  He did a heck of a job.