BPWC FS/Greco Tourney May 2, 2015

BPWC

Looks like everyone is holding back on regeristing again until the last minute.  So far 13 signed up for freestyle and only 5 for greco.

Whats the mindset of some who are only wrestling freestyle?  Looks like more than half who have signed up so far dont want to wrestle greco.  Is there some logic in that that I am missing?

And how do we get people to sign up early?  I think the seemingly dismal numbers discourage people from making plans to attend.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank to all of the wrestlers, coaches, and parents who came out Saturday to get better and make this thing happen. We appreciate the flexibility showed by all when we had to adjust the start time due to a gymnasium usage conflict. In my opinion, it actually worked out a little better starting later which gave those traveling a little extra time to make it in and not leave so early. Also, BPWC Coaches Ryan Ensminger, Ethan Hames, and Lee Varnell did a great job pulling this thing off even w/ our Trackwrestling director having a conflict as well. We had to go AAU style and use the 'folder system' but I think it worked out well, and...we actually started ON TIME!!! BCW Coaches Justin Anglin and Travis Creagan did a great job helping facilitate and coach as well. Referee's Billy Swanson, Bam Bam Feurbacher, Tyler Garrison, Ezra Taylor, and Ethan Hames helped make it a good day as well. We are always open to suggestions, so please shoot them at us. We hope to make this an annual spring event for all to enjoy and get better. Somehow, we as a state, have to figure out how to get the Freestyle/Greco numbers up AND get wrestlers to sign up earlier to prevent tournaments from being canceled. Thanks again to all, 

Ben Smith 

Bradley Wrestling

Thank to all of the wrestlers, coaches, and parents who came out Saturday to get better and make this thing happen. We appreciate the flexibility showed by all when we had to adjust the start time due to a gymnasium usage conflict. In my opinion, it actually worked out a little better starting later which gave those traveling a little extra time to make it in and not leave so early. Also, BPWC Coaches Ryan Ensminger, Ethan Hames, and Lee Varnell did a great job pulling this thing off even w/ our Trackwrestling director having a conflict as well. We had to go AAU style and use the 'folder system' but I think it worked out well, and...we actually started ON TIME!!! BCW Coaches Justin Anglin and Travis Creagan did a great job helping facilitate and coach as well. Referee's Billy Swanson, Bam Bam Feurbacher, Tyler Garrison, Ezra Taylor, and Ethan Hames helped make it a good day as well. We are always open to suggestions, so please shoot them at us. We hope to make this an annual spring event for all to enjoy and get better. Somehow, we as a state, have to figure out how to get the Freestyle/Greco numbers up AND get wrestlers to sign up earlier to prevent tournaments from being canceled. Thanks again to all, 

Ben Smith 

Bradley Wrestling

when you get a chance can you post the results?