Revolution of offenses today

fooseball96

Cummings and the staff have been all over going to coaching clinics to get better familiar with the offense. Our Qb has been to Woffords camps and several others to try to learn some things. This year is gonna be a learning progress. But we definitely have the dogs to run it once we learn it. But it's definitely gonna be a learning process

Edited by fooseball96

Modern day spread offenses trace their roots back to those old school offenses you mentioned, they just dress them up and put the QB in the gun. A common misconception is that the shotgun offense can't be a smash mouth style of offense. Anyone who has watched auburn or Ohio state over the past few seasons wouldn't call their offenses soft.

SHOTGUN IS GOOD, JUST DONT LIKE IT IN THE REDZONE. ..BUT I RECALL THAT AUBURN AND OHIO ST. HAD SOME STUD RB'S THAT COULD RUN IT IN.

Cummings and the staff have been all over going to coaching clinics to get better familiar with the offense. Our Qb has been to Woffords camps and several others to try to learn some things. This year is gonna be a learning progress. But we definitely have the dogs to run it once we learn it. But it's definitely gonna be a learning process

I BELIEVE THAT FOOSE. ....THAT'S WHY WE GETTING OUR DOGS READY TO STOP IT.

I'm more of old school offensive guy. (Veer, wing-t, option, smashmouth etc.) But today it seems that more coaches have shyed away from that style. It seems that most systems now days run a spread. I guess it does better prepare the players somewhat for the next level. But my question is.....why have people went away from old school football. I hate going to games and seeing a 1st and 10 and teams come out in a shotgun. Any body else feel this way? What do u guys think? To me it seems offense have gotten more fancy yet more confusing. Just get in the end zone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How in the world could you question why a team would spread it out and then also say, "get in the end zone"?  The highest scoring teams in the world are all spread.  Why do they do it?  Because it works!  Why play football in a phone booth if you can get fast guys in space?  Some schools just don't recruit big.  Some high schools just don't have big, power guys.  Why be stubborn and refuse to change if it suits your strengths?  Can the veer work? Sure (Carson Newman, De La Salle, Knox West).  Can the I Backfield running power work?  Sure (Stanford).  Can spread work?  Sure (Oregon, Ohio State, UCLA, Ole Miss, Texas A.M.)

Also, in case you actually watch blocking schemes, your national champion Ohio State Buckeyes are a "spread" team that runs the same thing a lot of you Power Guys want (Power, Counters, etc.). 

• Upvote 1

How in the world could you question why a team would spread it out and then also say, "get in the end zone"? The highest scoring teams in the world are all spread. Why do they do it? Because it works! Why play football in a phone booth if you can get fast guys in space? Some schools just don't recruit big. Some high schools just don't have big, power guys. Why be stubborn and refuse to change if it suits your strengths? Can the veer work? Sure (Carson Newman, De La Salle, Knox West). Can the I Backfield running power work? Sure (Stanford). Can spread work? Sure (Oregon, Ohio State, UCLA, Ole Miss, Texas A.M.)

Also, in case you actually watch blocking schemes, your national champion Ohio State Buckeyes are a "spread" team that runs the same thing a lot of you Power Guys want (Power, Counters, etc.).

I understand everything u just said and everybody knows about what Ohio st did. I'm just saying I don't like the screens, draws, that type stuff. I'm a former offensive lineman. I wanna put my fingers in the dirt and hit somebody Edited by fooseball96

How in the world could you question why a team would spread it out and then also say, "get in the end zone"?  The highest scoring teams in the world are all spread.  Why do they do it?  Because it works!  Why play football in a phone booth if you can get fast guys in space?  Some schools just don't recruit big.  Some high schools just don't have big, power guys.  Why be stubborn and refuse to change if it suits your strengths?  Can the veer work? Sure (Carson Newman, De La Salle, Knox West).  Can the I Backfield running power work?  Sure (Stanford).  Can spread work?  Sure (Oregon, Ohio State, UCLA, Ole Miss, Texas A.M.)

CHANGE IS GOOD SIR.. WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOUR PERSONEL. CAN YOU NAME A NEXT LEVEL WINGT TEAM..?