Peabody's coach resigns

horse

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree he's a good coach, but not great. Counce won state championships at Henry County after he left, then Woods at Peabody. He did lay the foundation at those schools, but the next coach was able to both of those programs to the promise land.

Some would say that the distance he brought those two teams during his time there was further than the coaches that came in after him. Even though they won state championships and he didn't.

I dont understand the Gaddis love. i don't know if most people realize that his 96 team at oak ridge had 3 skill players that went to the SEC and he didn't even make it to the championship game. Bohannon(rb) and Mcaddley(wr) went to Alabama where Bohannon was Shaun Alexander's backup and mcaddley played in the NFL. Gipson(wr) signed with Florida when they were defending national champions. Im not sure how many past state champions in tennessee have had talent like that.

I coached for three decades in Mississippi and was a part of three state titles. I can tell you that our best "teams" were the ones void of big time D-1 prospects. Sometimes their presence clouds the whole "team" focus. I don't know the names you mentioned but that was my experience in Mississippi, and we had some D-1 players for sure. But you're probably right...Gaddis is a bad coach, a proven loser! Lol

I coached for three decades in Mississippi and was a part of three state titles. I can tell you that our best "teams" were the ones void of big time D-1 prospects. Sometimes their presence clouds the whole "team" focus. I don't know the names you mentioned but that was my experience in Mississippi, and we had some D-1 players for sure. But you're probably right...Gaddis is a bad coach, a proven loser! Lol

I see what you tried to do there, being condescending and all. No one said he's a proven loser, just a proven underachiever. And the year that he did win state, he had 2 players that went to UT so the excuse you made for him is irrelevant Edited by RudyWasOffsides

I see what you tried to do there, being condescending and all. No one said he's a proven loser, just a proven underachiever. And the year that he did win state, he had 2 players that went to UT so the excuse you made for him is irrelevant

I don't remember hearing about a single player that played for him at OR who did ANYTHING AT ALL at Tennessee. So they were great high school players for Gaddis but Fulmer couldn't get anything out of them? Is that what you're saying?  OK...so Gaddis is an underachiever. Tell that to the communities of Tullahoma, Henry County, and Trenton where he took a program that was nothing and made them a state contender. Or at Oak Ridge where he took a team coming off some bad seasons by OR standards, got drilled 50-0 by Jeff County, and returned them to state power status. I bet everyone would like to an "underachieving" coach like that. And you're right, I am condescending where you're concerned because after reading your posts it's easy to realize that I'm smarter than you.

Some would say that the distance he brought those two teams during his time there was further than the coaches that came in after him. Even though they won state championships and he didn't.

Rudy quite obviously has a problem with Gaddis. He must've played for him somewhere and didn't get to play enough. Whatever the case may be with Rudy, his comments make him irrelevant. What Gaddis did at the schools I mentioned is nothing short of amazing. I wish I had the records of Tullahoma, Henry County, and Trenton the years immediately before he arrived at each. It was published in the Jackson Sun but I don't remember the specifics. As I said, even Oak Ridge was down a bit when he got there in the early 90s. When a coach does what he did ONCE....maybe that was luck. But when he turns FOUR PROGRAMS around, I wouldn't describe him as an underachiever...and anyone who does, simply has an ax to grind or they're just not very smart!

I don't remember hearing about a single player that played for him at OR who did ANYTHING AT ALL at Tennessee. So they were great high school players for Gaddis but Fulmer couldn't get anything out of them? Is that what you're saying? OK...so Gaddis is an underachiever. Tell that to the communities of Tullahoma, Henry County, and Trenton where he took a program that was nothing and made them a state contender. Or at Oak Ridge where he took a team coming off some bad seasons by OR standards, got drilled 50-0 by Jeff County, and returned them to state power status. I bet everyone would like to an "underachieving" coach like that. And you're right, I am condescending where you're concerned because after reading your posts it's easy to realize that I'm smarter than you.

Its more of the fact that they were good enoigh in high school to get scholarships in the sec. And the team he had that didnt win state had an NFL player and another kid who got playing time at Alabama but blew it. But hey, you know more about gaddis than anyone here so why am i wasting my breath? Hes great tho, thats why all the coaches after him won titles Edited by RudyWasOffsides

Its more of the fact that they were good enoigh in high school to get scholarships in the sec. And the team he had that didnt win state had an NFL player and another kid who got playing time at Alabama but blew it. But hey, you know more about gaddis than anyone here so why am i wasting my breath?

Jerry Colquitt would have been good in 1994 for Tennessee had he not blown his knee out against UCLA in the season opener.