District 4A 2015-2016

LilGoose10

Oneida has a big one tomorrow night.  They were OK the other night against Sunbright, meaning they can play better.  Newport went for 31 points and she usually gets it going when they need that production from her.  I expect OS to try to steal one if they can but we have been pretty solid at home.  I'm sure Coach C. will throw the kitchen sink at them.....she usually does.

Kazoop

The Kitchen Sink didn't work too well.  They Lady Indians led by 30 and then pulled all starters before the fourth quarter.  OS pressed the subs and got all the way back to within 13.  Re-inserted the starters with about 1:40 left but the final score was no indication of how it went.  Had Coach West wanted too, he probably could have kept the foot on the gas.  The game was pretty much concluded before the fourth quarter started.....it just won't look that way from the final score.  Still rolling in the district and we are eye balling the looming match-up with Coalfield on the 23rd.  The girls looked very sharp for two and a half quarters......all things considered, it was a good outing.  Sure would like to put a dent in the Lady Buffs on Saturday.

Kazzoom

Looking at their record 3-14 (2-3 in district), I am wondering what is going on with the OS team?!?!?  They are usually the cream of the crop in this district, and are struggling this season.  Has all the alent graduated?  Are they young and having to learn how to win?  Not passing any judgement, just honestly curious.

You try losing the twins and solid post player off last years team and see how quickly you recover.  With no special player waiting on the wings....it makes it hard to reload.  I'm not surprised because the Jr High teams over the last several years have been average at best and now those players are rolling through the HS now.  Oneida Girls used to be regular participants at the State Tournament in the 90's and early 2000, but hit a spell of average players that never reached greatness.  It happens....hardly anyone is immune to such things.  OS might just be having their spell now.

Kaz

If losing the 4 girls from last year’s TSSAA final four run wasn’t enough add losing 86% of your scoring in one lick that surely can't help. If you take their lone senior out of the equation they only had 10 total games of playing time to start the season with. There is talent there and its young talent. The junior class in all reality didn't have that much time in big game experience either and they are included in those 10 games.

With that said their schedule early is so hard and it’s that way every year to prepare for the district. They seem to play three seasons every year, pre Christmas with combined records of 151-97, District season (lost to coalfield by 1) and (Wartburg by 2) and Oneida of course and then Tournaments.

Don’t give up on them just yet you sometimes have to load a gun before it will fire.

Oliver Spring is just reloading with plenty of young talent that's just struggling with the speed, strength and physicality of the high school game. Folks said the same things, when last year’s seniors were freshman and sophomores.

They’ll be a tough out when it’s all said and done.

Edited by Hopi

If losing the 4 girls from last year’s TSSAA final four run wasn’t enough add losing 86% of your scoring in one lick that surely can't help. If you take their lone senior out of the equation they only had 10 total games of playing time to start the season with. There is talent there and its young talent. The junior class in all reality didn't have that much time in big game experience either and they are included in those 10 games.

With that said their schedule early is so hard and it’s that way every year to prepare for the district. They seem to play three seasons every year, pre Christmas with combined records of 151-97, District season (lost to coalfield by 1) and (Wartburg by 2) and Oneida of course and then Tournaments.

Don’t give up on them just yet you sometimes have to load a gun before it will fire.

Oliver Spring is just reloading with plenty of young talent that's just struggling with the speed, strength and physicality of the high school game. Folks said the same things, when last year’s seniors were freshman and sophomores.

They’ll be a tough out when it’s all said and done.

That's what I was wondering.  Just not used to seeing the OS girls with a W-L that looks like that.  I'm going to try to get out to their game next Tuesday or Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a Ho hum game with Us and Wartburg last night.  Wartburg won by 8 I think but it was 15 or better at the middle of the 4th quarter.  I've got to say the Lady Dogs defense was bad in the first half and we took advantage of them.  Had em by 5 at the half, but that's why you play 4 quarters instead of 2.

Lots of talk on here about O.S. and their struggles, I think Wartburg and O.S. are 2 that nobody would want to play in the first round of the district.  2 teams that have high expectations despite having tough seasons.  Looking forward to the tournament.

Oakdale girls have good talent but have yet to gel.  I think our best games are ahead of us also.  It's just a down year for 4A

I don't entirely agree Dave.....Coalfield and Oneida keep chopping the field.  They both have solid line-ups and Oneida may be a little deeper but they are both solid teams that are capable of punching out someone that isn't ready to play.  The Indians dominated the first two match-ups with OS and Wartburg.  I still say we have a health amount of respect for those two but I doubt there is much fear involved in playing them.  Those two Oneida-Coalfield games are going to tell the tale.

Kaz