District 4A 2015-2016

LilGoose10

I think the Lady Indians are "battle tested" at this point, they have won the games they were favored and they have yet to get blown out in games that they were a clear underdog.  So if their form holds true, I think they will get the W.  They just about knocked off Campbell Co. the other night...(lost by one)....looks like they are beginning to establish the pecking order.  I say the score is a little lower because Davis prefers to grind you out in a half court game, and sometimes that match-up 2-3 takes a while to figure out.

Kazzy

As I see it the Oneida game tonight should go in Oneida's direction.  My friend's daughter plays at Wartburg and she said their first 5 is as good as any but they have no bench at all.  They were up by 16 the other night against Harriman and 14 with Kingston but as soon as foul trouble came in to play and Poland and Melton came to the bench those leads didn't last too long.  I also understand they led most of the game with North Academy.  You could argue that with a little bench play they would be 4-0 right now.  But they haven't got that and they are 1-3

If Wartburg was deeper I would have them as my clear number 1 team but as it is now I feel like they are 3rd.

Oneida 60 Wartburg 51 tonight

Oneida - deep and solid throughout

Coalfield - 4 returning starters

Wartburg - Good first 5 with no bench

Oliver Springs - extremely well coached  

These will be the four that make it to R2A 

As I see it the Oneida game tonight should go in Oneida's direction.  My friend's daughter plays at Wartburg and she said their first 5 is as good as any but they have no bench at all.  They were up by 16 the other night against Harriman and 14 with Kingston but as soon as foul trouble came in to play and Poland and Melton came to the bench those leads didn't last too long.  I also understand they led most of the game with North Academy.  You could argue that with a little bench play they would be 4-0 right now.  But they haven't got that and they are 1-3

If Wartburg was deeper I would have them as my clear number 1 team but as it is now I feel like they are 3rd.

Oneida 60 Wartburg 51 tonight

Oneida - deep and solid throughout

Coalfield - 4 returning starters

Wartburg - Good first 5 with no bench

Oliver Springs - extremely well coached  

These will be the four that make it to R2A 

Good point about Wartburg. That is what a small public school has to deal with (the no depth issue). Thats the issue that most D2 teams playing D1 dont understand. Hopefully true public schools wont have to deal with this much longer.  Good luck to 4A

Not sure how well I can recap this game....Oneida basically dominated after the first quarter.  Yes, Wartburg struggled to hit shots, but there was usually a defender extending out to them on every shot.  The Lady Indians got a stellar effort out of Senior Baylee Newport with 14 points, 12 rebounds. and 5 assists.  She left the game with 7 minutes to go and did not return.  B. Thomas was the Lady Indians leading scorer with 15.  Oneida showed balance and probably had their best showing on the boards where they were just relentless.  Nice to get the W on the first road trip out.  Wartburg will still be a tough match-up for several teams....they really struggled to connect shots until the game was already decided.  I would venture that they won't go this easily the next go round because they look solid with their core group.  On to Oakdale Friday for the next one....!

Kazeeter

Lil'G, no offense....but I'm hoping my girls make road kill out of the Lady Eagles.  I not sure they will have an answer for the # of kids Coach West will throw at them.  There is no question that #15 stirs the drink for the team....but there are a number of players that contribute to the picture.  As bad as that blow out was for Wartburg....my thought is that the Lady Indians can play much better.  Their rebounding and defense was very good last night, but they missed a number of shots from up close that they should have finished.  I going to even venture to say one of their better players has struggled out of the gate and when she gets it going they are going to be a load for anyone to beat. 

Kazaboom

It goes back to this schedule they have played early on in my opinion....the kids know what a good team looks like because they have stared at 3 really good ones (Grainger 9-1, Union Co. 7-1, and Campbell Co. 7-1).  If we keep out focus night in and night out we can give you absolute fits.  I hope we keep applying what we have learned to our opponents, last nights rebounding was a good start.  Now if we can just keep that intensity up all the way through.  Heard Coalfield had a strong night too, but believe me, I think this crew will pay attention to everyone....!

Kazzy

Oakdale started off with the likes of Maryville, Knox West, Clarkrange, and Livingston (as well as some easier opponents). You rarely see a team look better in games the first 6 games than they do in game 9, but that's exactly what's happened here. Offense is stagnant, defense has no intensity to it, etc. Coffey and Davidson led the team early on, but neither have put up great numbers in the last three games. It's not that they're missing shots, it's that they're not getting them. For Oakdale to win, they have to work inside out. OS took away the high post feed from Oakdale and they played their worst game all season. Pressure the guards and that's the game. Ellen Everett will have the monumental task of getting things going against Newport Friday to boot.

They just look dead right now. Something better change tonight and tomorrow at practice or Oakdale will have a long stretch ahead of them with Oneida Friday and Coalfield next week.

Edited by LilGoose10