District 4A 2015-2016

LilGoose10

Oakdale plays Monterey, Clarkrange, Pt. Pisgah and one more (that I can't remember) in HOF action before opening the regular season at Clinton. It'll be neat to see how good Clarkrange is coming off their state run

Did any of these team play this past weekend in scrimmages somewhere.

Edited by Hopi

The Coalfield team I saw lose by 50 at Tellico Plains last night will be lucky to win 5 games. Just a poor effort across the board. Very slow team, no size, terrible on defense and played with no effort. Same mistakes over and over. TP would have easily broke a 100 pts had the clock not run for whole 4th qtr. Their second unit would beat CF by 20 pts. If CF is one of the top 2 in 4a, then it's the worst district in the state. I know, I know...just one game, but it was really, really bad.

The Coalfield team I saw lose by 50 at Tellico Plains last night will be lucky to win 5 games. Just a poor effort across the board. Very slow team, no size, terrible on defense and played with no effort. Same mistakes over and over. TP would have easily broke a 100 pts had the clock not run for whole 4th qtr. Their second unit would beat CF by 20 pts. If CF is one of the top 2 in 4a, then it's the worst district in the state. I know, I know...just one game, but it was really, really bad.

OUCH!!! and just to let you know, Tellico, which is really good, MIGHT finish fourth in district 3.

Oakdale picked up two double digit wins Tuesday against Mt. Pisgah & Monterey. Davidson put up 20 & 8 in the Pisgah game. Coffey & Headden let the Eagles with 12 & 11 points against Monterey. Nice to see them easily win two games they should've won. 

Another good takeaway from the games: they got offensive production from two people not named Everett or Coffey. Haha. Davidson scoring 20 & Headden having a solid game are both good signs for the Eagles.

Did NOT expect that from Coalfield. I had them as my district champ in the preseason. I hope it was just a fluke.

Revved up and ready to support the round ball ladies....!   We get under way with Hampton at Jellico.  I have no idea what the other team has but I expect to get the thing in gear right from the start.  As I said earlier, Coach West has put them through the wringer and I expect them to be ready to go tonight.  Should be a solid test, since Hampton is usually one of the better clubs up there.  I would really like to see us start well, but as in any early season game it will be hard to know what you got til they hit the floor.  Shout out to the troops....let it fly girls....!

Kazanity

Coalfield was a real head scratcher....I did think Tellico would win, but thought Coalfield would hang around?  Maybe they just had one of those nights where nothing worked....I fully expect them to rebound from the loss though.  As confusing as the score was....it just proves you can't mail in your effort or your going to be road kill.

Kaz

Coalfield was a real head scratcher....I did think Tellico would win, but thought Coalfield would hang around? Maybe they just had one of those nights where nothing worked....I fully expect them to rebound from the loss though. As confusing as the score was....it just proves you can't mail in your effort or your going to be road kill.

Kaz

Coalfield doesn't play defense. Tellico would've hit 100 without a running clock and union county scored 79 last night.

Lady Indians off to a slow start, at 1-2.....however they have been there in the end of the two losses.  Got beat by a high scoring Campbell Co. team by 5 and Hampton beat them by 8 I think, but it was a tie ball game with 2 minutes to go.  They beat Clinton by 14, so they have managed to salvage a win in their HOF games.  They go to Union County tonight to play Claiborne Co. and also have Grainger later this week. 

Is it just me or has the officiating been extremely tight this year.  We have good depth, but when two teams are in the double bonus before the first quarter is over that is a lot of whistles in a short amount of time, IMO.  I know they wanted to crack down on the hand check defense but some of the whistles I saw were ridiculous and not just against us but most of the games I watched.  It didn't appear as obvious in the boys games, they tended to let them play a little more.

If we become better on the boards, we will be fine.  That may be a price we are playing with four guards and a post, but like anything else, board work is big.  I think as long as we start to find our stroke we'll keep improving.  Would surprise me if this group isn't competitive with just about every team they play.....sometimes we are a pretty scrappy bunch.

Kazoom

Got another win last night against Claiborne Co.  66-33.  Most reports are that CC isn't that good this season which is somewhat of a surprise because they traditionally have been pretty stout.  Oh well, a win is a win.....Grainger should be a much bigger hill to climb.  Weren't they in the State a few years ago?  Just curious.

Kazza