District 4A 2015-2016

LilGoose10

I don't entirely agree Dave.....Coalfield and Oneida keep chopping the field. They both have solid line-ups and Oneida may be a little deeper but they are both solid teams that are capable of punching out someone that isn't ready to play. The Indians dominated the first two match-ups with OS and Wartburg. I still say we have a health amount of respect for those two but I doubt there is much fear involved in playing them. Those two Oneida-Coalfield games are going to tell the tale.

Kaz

Coalfield is very hit or miss. Some nights they show up with no energy and struggle to put away average teams. Other nights they look like a team that could win the district. They have done their job so far by beating the teams they should have and a win Friday would lock up second place.

I don't entirely agree Dave.....Coalfield and Oneida keep chopping the field.  They both have solid line-ups and Oneida may be a little deeper but they are both solid teams that are capable of punching out someone that isn't ready to play.  The Indians dominated the first two match-ups with OS and Wartburg.  I still say we have a health amount of respect for those two but I doubt there is much fear involved in playing them.  Those two Oneida-Coalfield games are going to tell the tale.

Kaz

I think Oneida handles CF in both upcoming games... Yea, if CF is clicking they'll get a win at CF...but that just happens about 30% of the time. The rest of the time they range from above average to bad...I've seen bad 3 times this year...and it was baaaaad.

So, I'd take Oneida by 15 there and 5 at CF. Yea, I can't agree with Dave either, WB and OS aren't very good at all...sure, they could win, but it would have to be a night everything fell their way. And OD is just really, really weak.... even by single A standards. They don't have a girl that would start for CF or Oneida.

How are we all leaning towards POY and COY?  I wondered because they get together and make a joke out of the selection process some years.  I think these choices should almost always come from the top team in the district....even perhaps the runner-up if an individual is largely responsible for their success.  I try to take away being biased by always asking two things:  How did they do in conference games?  and  If that kid wasn't on the team, would they still be winning the bulk of their games?  I will have my vote after CF-Oneida

Kazzy

How are we all leaning towards POY and COY? I wondered because they get together and make a joke out of the selection process some years. I think these choices should almost always come from the top team in the district....even perhaps the runner-up if an individual is largely responsible for their success. I try to take away being biased by always asking two things: How did they do in conference games? and If that kid wasn't on the team, would they still be winning the bulk of their games? I will have my vote after CF-Oneida

Kazzy

COY should go to Hines or West. Whoever finished first should also get the POY. We should be able to have a pretty good guess after next Thursday.

I can keep the victory in perspective because the girls played very well.  This is the same CR team that handled us easily at their place.  Very proud of all the girls for sticking with it through four quarters....I'm certain the gym was electric.  I'm so old I can remember the last one and there have been a lot of very good players at Oneida who have not accomplished what this team did last night.  I have to think these kids just played the way they were capable of playing all along and while CR is obviously beatable, it takes a strong mental game to get over the hurdle of getting that monkey off your back.  I am sure Coach Rodgers was coming to get another W, it was nice to keep that from happening with such a determined effort.  We never wilted.....!

Got to reshift the focus and continue to play well because Coalfield presents another good obstacle in our path.  Stay on the gas girls....!  And Congrads on the victory...!

Kaz

I can keep the victory in perspective because the girls played very well. This is the same CR team that handled us easily at their place. Very proud of all the girls for sticking with it through four quarters....I'm certain the gym was electric. I'm so old I can remember the last one and there have been a lot of very good players at Oneida who have not accomplished what this team did last night. I have to think these kids just played the way they were capable of playing all along and while CR is obviously beatable, it takes a strong mental game to get over the hurdle of getting that monkey off your back. I am sure Coach Rodgers was coming to get another W, it was nice to keep that from happening with such a determined effort. We never wilted.....!

Got to reshift the focus and continue to play well because Coalfield presents another good obstacle in our path. Stay on the gas girls....! And Congrads on the victory...!

Kaz

Good win Kaz!Them Buffaloes have a ton of tradition and a win anytime against them is a good one.

My opinion on POY: it is the PLAYER of the year, not team of the year. Best player in the district should get it regardless of their team. Sometimes good players get stuck on bad teams. Can't hold that against them.

With that being said, the best player happens to be one a top-2 team anyways: Baylee Newport. She's just too good to not win it. Kaylea Foster would be the only other player with a chance, but it's all Newport's IMO. 

Big one tonight.....hope the girls stick to the grindstone.  They have won like 14 of their last 17 games, so they have definitely been trending upward.  My bet is they are going to get after it.  Newport has been stirring the drink for Oneida for four years.....and I know she has given coaches headaches because she is going to find her teammates if you challenge her with a double team.  I'm sure she is very thankful for the teammates she has around her, and she should be.  They have all been playing very well lately....with the exception of a bad night against a good Campbell Co. team.

Kaz