• Clarksville Academy
    • Collinwood
    • Hollow Rock-Bruceton
    • Houston County
    • Huntingdon
    • McEwen
    • Perry County
    • Wayne County

I was a little reserved about the Huntingdon Mustangs after the Obion Co scrimmage and the Scotts Hills Scrimmage.  But after watching the Lextington Scrimmage for two qts.   Ill say right now with no dough the Mustangs will beat the Wildcats by 2 +  TD's with or without their QB. 

Lextington's big defense had a very very hard time stopping or trying to stop the little Single A team.  Great seeing two D1 prospects go at it and both are very impressive.  Nod goes to the one from Huntingdon since he keep the one from Lextington in check.  Only big play for the one from Lextington was went he ran down a player 70 yards downfield...  but that was 70 yards later.  And the next play was another TD.  .....

So Class A Region 6...will go to the Mustangs and that will be home field advantage come play off time. 

I was a little reserved about the Huntingdon Mustangs after the Obion Co scrimmage and the Scotts Hills Scrimmage. But after watching the Lextington Scrimmage for two qts. Ill say right now with no dough the Mustangs will beat the Wildcats by 2 + TD's with or without their QB.

Lextington's big defense had a very very hard time stopping or trying to stop the little Single A team. Great seeing two D1 prospects go at it and both are very impressive. Nod goes to the one from Huntingdon since he keep the one from Lextington in check. Only big play for the one from Lextington was went he ran down a player 70 yards downfield... but that was 70 yards later. And the next play was another TD. .....

So Class A Region 6...will go to the Mustangs and that will be home field advantage come play off time.

One question before you crown them Champs a week before the season lol. Have you even watched the Cats play any???

Oh yeah. Against Waverley and UC. Thing is the line play. Most Region 6 teams won't be able to keep up for 4 qts. As far as special team players go I'll say Huntingdon will have more speed player per player. So that is why I pick them to win The Region. And I don't have a son playing

Edited by 34ME

Oh yeah. Against Waverley and UC. Thing is the line play. Most Region 6 teams won't be able to keep up for 4 qts. As far as special team players go I'll say Huntingdon will have more speed player per player. So that is why I pick them to win The Region. And I don't gave a son playing

Well, you are entitled to your opinion but remember those are the same things that were said last time we played each other.😎

I think Wayne County can win the region but I believe Huntingdon can as well. That's the thing with opinions though, everyone has one. All I know is, WC has 8 games before we can think about being region champs. I do hope both our teams are undefeated when they meet.

Edited by wildcatalumni

Well, you are entitled to your opinion but remember those are the same things that were said last time we played each other.😎

I think Wayne County can win the region but I believe Huntingdon can as well. That's the thing with opinions though, everyone has one. All I know is, WC has 8 games before we can think about being region champs. I do hope both our teams are undefeated when they meet.

Exactly! Alot can go down for better or worse in those 8 games leading up to 'The Region 6 showdown!!'

And to the guy picking Huntingdon. I respect your pick as i could see either coming team winning it but i want to remind you that the 2 SCRimmages you watched..Waverly n UC was without our heart and soul of our offense and a playmaker on defense as well #5 Preston Rice. Remember that name for he will be a finalist for Mr football b4 he graduates n 2 years.

I know yall have Hutcherson who is a BEAST with multiple D1 offers so I expect a good game. But i give WCHS the edge 35-28, it being at the creek bank in Waynesboro will help alot also plus its Senior night for us!

Well folks it's that time of year again and finally football season is upon us. Can I get an amen. It's a new year for new teams and new region opponents. It will be the start of new rivalries and continued rivalries. As always I try to keep up with all Region 6 teams, and the games they play each week. I try to make a little contest out of it. Each week I will list all region 6 games...such as who, where, and records. You pick them and will keep up and update each Sunday.

August 21/ Week 0.

Clarksville Acd.(0-0) at Harpeth(0-0)

Collinwood(0-0) at Wilson,Al (0-0)

Hollow Rock-Bruceton(0-0) at West Carroll(0-0)

Houston Co.(0-0) vs East Robertson(0-0)

Perry Co.(0-0) at Decatur Co Riverside(0-0)

Wayne Co.(0-0) at Mount Pleasant(0-0)

Bye Week Teams: Huntingdon(0-0), McEwen(0-0)

Please do not pick the bye games. I just listed them so everyone can see what each team has for that week.

Edited by wildcatalumni

Exactly! Alot can go down for better or worse in those 8 games leading up to 'The Region 6 showdown!!'

And to the guy picking Huntingdon. I respect your pick as i could see either coming team winning it but i want to remind you that the 2 SCRimmages you watched..Waverly n UC was without our heart and soul of our offense and a playmaker on defense as well #5 Preston Rice. Remember that name for he will be a finalist for Mr football b4 he graduates n 2 years.

I know yall have Hutcherson who is a BEAST with multiple D1 offers so I expect a good game. But i give WCHS the edge 35-28, it being at the creek bank in Waynesboro will help alot also plus its Senior night for us!

Just don't sleep on the Mustangs.  Also not worried about the last time this two teams meet.  Your defense cant hold them to only 28 points.  But hey good for you to have dreams.  We all have them.  you play your cup cake schedule and I hope you feel good about your bunch.  Only good things about coming all the way down there will be the ride home with a W

Just don't sleep on the Mustangs. Also not worried about the last time this two teams meet. Your defense cant hold them to only 28 points. But hey good for you to have dreams. We all have them. you play your cup cake schedule and I hope you feel good about your bunch. Only good things about coming all the way down there will be the ride home with a W

Our cupcake schedule is pretty similar to yours if you look at it and don't think WC will sleep on anybody! You'll see what he's talking about with this defense pretty soon.