Should the TSSAA BOC add a third division? D3 aka "Whiners Division"?

Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should Trousdale Co. and Lewis Co. be allowed to be the initial two members of Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?

• Yes. All schools in DIII deserve a big GREEN football trophy at the end of each year!
    • Yes, and in addition to the GREEN trophy the coaches and administrators of each DIII school should receive a pink crying towel!
    • No. These schools need to learn to work harder and coach up their players. In life all things are hardly ever easy and seldom even steven "fair".

CPA's use of AAU for boys basketball hasnt been denied on here by its supporters, they just see nothing wrong it or just completely deflect and yell HATERS or JEALOUSY.

More of this mindset that if athletes CHOOSE to work hard, stay in shape year round, and DEDICATE their lives in an attempt to excel in sports and simultaneously follow Christian doctrine, then by-golly that's just wrong. Whether this whole campaign is driven by envy, bearing false witness, or other morally bankrupt motivations, it largely is nothing more than Christian bashing. 

Edited by kenmynattcpa

While I am no fan of the 1.5 multiplier, I have come to accept it.  I wonder what people would think if the TSSAA BOC  left the public/private situation as it is with the following modification......

Any public school that allows students to attend from outside their natural boundaries (such as out of county, out of state, or outside of the system if the county has multiple school systems) should also have a 1.5 multiplier added to their enrollment numbers. The same rule would also apply to any public school that allows out of zone kids to attend by charging a FEE (ie tuition) to attend said school.

After all, D1 privates are hit with a multiplier because of complaints of a larger area to draw students from.  Shouldn't the same rule apply to public schools doing the same thing as well?

Edited by ReitzFan
  • Upvote 2

Your analysis, such that it is........is wrong on two fronts:

1) The CPA in my screen name is from my twitter account and stands for "certified public accountant" not Christ Presbyterian Academy. My school is a little private academic school called Nashville Christian and they play a little football too.

Certainly I would disagree with your outrageous charge against CPA that by hiring good coaches which motivate their players to compete and win is somehow making a " mockery of TSSAA's "level playing field" ideology". 

2) You state "Because Bobby Sharpe and Clint Satterfield had the backbone to circulate the petition and demand that TSSAA address an issue that was years overdue." 

Many do not agree it was backbone that allowed Sharpe and Satterfield a forum to display their disdain for their fellow member schools. No sir, it was purely driven by spite and envy. You know it, I know it, Bernard Childress knows it, and so does everyone else. If you want to celebrate those character traits, certainly you are entitled to. But the majority of hard working people see those as character flaws. 

A current application of Exodus 20:17 would read in the instant situation:

You shall not covet your neighbor's facilities. You shall not covet your neighbor's fans, or his victories or his gold ball trophies, his coaches, or his accomplishments.

:thumb:

Spoken like a true Christian. Unbelievable.

CPA, Nashville Christian and the other good private schools around Nashville get kids a lot. Wasn't it just a few years ago that Nashville Christian got a lot of kids from Franklin Road Academy? Private schools can and do pull from a 25-30 mile radius the majority of the time. Is it fair? No, it's not. I've said forever one way makes it fair. If they stay in the public division make them play up one class in all sports. Some public schools like ours are open zone counties, but let's understand what that means. If you live in the county you can go to any of the three schools, but you have to provide your own transportation. Bus routes only run in your local community. You have some kids from SP that go to Marion County and you have some from Jasper that go to SP.

You conpletely missed the point. It had nothing to do with athletes working hard. It is how players end up at a particular destination.

He's not missing the point. He doesn't like the eventual outcome that your point supports, therefore he's ignoring the point you're making and deflecting by answering with accusations of envy and moral issue's.

Indian, on 14 Jun 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:snapback.png

You conpletely missed the point. It had nothing to do with athletes working hard. It is how players end up at a particular destination.

He's not missing the point. He doesn't like the eventual outcome that your point supports, therefore he's ignoring the point you're making and deflecting by answering with accusations of envy and moral issue's.

_________

Players end up at destinations for a multitude of reasons. 

1) Parents get divorced, move, and they go to a new school.

2) People change jobs, get fired, businesses close, parents move.

3) Student athlete attends large metropolitan public junior high school, gets threatened,assaulted, hangs with wrong crowd, parents decide a fresh start at a Christian private school. They CHOOSE to make an investment in their child's future.

Wow, those are some damning reasons to isolate 23 private schools that don't award scholarships and mostly struggle each year with their budgets and on average have sub standard facilities. Have you been to Union City's great stadium and their indoor practice facility? How about Huntingdon, Alcoa, just to name a few public schools that have top notch facilities. 

It'll just be a matter of time before another group of malcontents surface in a few years whining about (open enrollment, facilities imbalance, urban/rural, coaching salaries, etc.). Divide and conquer, say the malcontents! It's always somebody else's fault we don't have more trophies in the case! 

That is a myth when people say private schools outwork the public schools. Either divide them by public and private OR make all privates play up one classification in each sport. Either way would be fair.

I respectfully disagree.  I will say that the private school I broadcast football games for on the radio already plays up one class from the rules that apply to all of the publics we participate against.  Using your logic, the class we are in is fair.  I will agree with you. I have no problem playing in 2A even though we are a 1A sized school.

Private schools might not offer "financial aid" but we all know they offer different types of "work study" in order to pay tuition. As I stated earlier, we have routinely beaten private schools, but the only time we ever beat the really, really good private school teams were when we had an unbelievable collection of talent. Most of the other years, we were beaten soundly. Some open enrollment schools such as SP or MC can pull from a 10-12 mile radius, but most privates pull from a 25-30 mile radius. Is this wrong them? No, it is not, but the fact remains when you can get kids from a huge radius, you are going to get a lot of good athletes.