Franklin Rebels 2015

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts about the scrimmage?

Physically, the team looked small to me.

I did not see a big RB. TE is a good size and can catch.

DL had a few great plays getting in the backfield.

Summit was able to break a few big plays.

The team looked better than I expected but inexperience showed.

They are young, a bit undersized, and lack real speed but they have a favorable schedule after week five and good coaching. If they squeak out a win or two early they will have another solid finish.  My prediction: 7-3 but they will get bounced in the first or second round of the playoffs. 

Well Franklin may be small but their slow.  Not exactly a winning combination.  I resend my 7-3 prediction from last week.  This team is 5-5 regular season at best.  If they squeak into the playoffs they will have their first loosing season in decades.  Their argument about the zoning issue for years seems to have finally proven true. Hey, maybe they can win the GPA bowl this year   :geek:

Well Franklin may be small but their slow.  Not exactly a winning combination.  I resend my 7-3 prediction from last week.  This team is 5-5 regular season at best.  If they squeak into the playoffs they will have their first loosing season in decades.  Their argument about the zoning issue for years seems to have finally proven true. Hey, maybe they can win the GPA bowl this year   :geek:

Under the new format, all 32 6A schools make the playoffs.

Centennial has a good D but the FHS offense really struggled.  Looked like they were trying to run some Malzahn/Auburn type read options, sometimes with a pitch man, and CHS ate that up. The poor QB got hammered all night on those plays.  Your comment about size and speed are spot on.

Curious about the zoning argument you mention.  For years, FHS was busting at the seams while Centennial enrollment dropped to around 1,300.  Has that been reversed?  Enrollment dictates classification and FHS is still 6A while CHS is now 5A.  Has FHS become in essence Grassland High?

FRANKLIN zone all the kids that lives with in walking distant to centennial mostly the black community so now theirs no athletes on the team. I am from franklin when they did that I move to Murfreesboro they try to change the school an now they paying for it. all the parents that play at franklin kids got zone out. 

That's why independence  is getting really good theirs a lot of kids at independence that should be at franklin but their parent move to Thompson station and some to Murfreesboro because they change the school zone and made franklin high all grassland and Hillsboro that's why franklin high sports is declining. I remember when franklin played Blackman in basketball a few years back there were less than fifth fans on franklin side back in the mid eighties their games were packed and exciting know their boring.

FHS has been populated primarily by Grassland for many years. This is nothing new and is not related to some grand scheme of parents.

As seen from the Summit scrimmage, Franklin is small and not very experienced. I did expect a better performance Friday night. CHS dominated the game in most areas. I thought the FHS defensive line and special teams played well. The O-line was getting beat on almost every play.

I don't see either FHS or CHS winning this Friday.

Under the new format, all 32 6A schools make the playoffs.

Centennial has a good D but the FHS offense really struggled.  Looked like they were trying to run some Malzahn/Auburn type read options, sometimes with a pitch man, and CHS ate that up. The poor QB got hammered all night on those plays.  Your comment about size and speed are spot on.

Curious about the zoning argument you mention.  For years, FHS was busting at the seams while Centennial enrollment dropped to around 1,300.  Has that been reversed?  Enrollment dictates classification and FHS is still 6A while CHS is now 5A.  Has FHS become in essence Grassland High?

Yes Franklin High is Grassland High.  They don't complain about the number of students as it is one of the largest schools in the state.  The zoning argument has always been centered around the lack of diversity with the new zone which seems to have a direct impact on the quality of the athletes at FHS.  More specifically African American athletes.  The oldest school in the county is now the least diverse school in the county with less than 2% minority students.  I'm sure it is just a coincidence that their mascot is a REBEL! ;)  :lol:  :lol: