How do we control all the recruiting in public schools?

RonMexico3

I'm not surprised open zoned parents see no problem with open zones.

perhaps you could start by posting a list of all high schools in the state of  with open zones and compare that with their respective win/loss records and list the head coaches during winning seasons.  You really piss me off with your assumption that if an open zone school has a winning program that they are recruiting. Players WANT to play for winners and most parents will seek out the best options for their talented kids, even if they have to move. I would. I carted my kid 25 miles round trip every day so she could be in a great MUSIC program. Should choral and band programs be separated as well? My grands are homeschooled and 2 of them are outstanding athletes. We are  preparing them to play soccer for a public school program and are scrutinizing the local programs to find a good fit. My daughter is prepared to MOVE to get them in a good program. That is parental choice, not recruiting.

Edited by barb

perhaps you could start by posting a list of all high schools in the state of with open zones and compare that with their respective win/loss records and list the head coaches during winning seasons. You really piss me off with your assumption that if an open zone school has a winning program that they are recruiting. Players WANT to play for winners and most parents will seek out the best options for their talented kids, even if they have to move. I would. I carted my kid 25 miles round trip every day so she could be in a great MUSIC program. Should choral and band programs be separated as well? My grands are homeschooled and 2 of them are outstanding athletes. We are preparing them to play soccer for a public school program and are scrutinizing the local programs to find a good fit. My daughter is prepared to MOVE to get them in a good program. That is parental choice, not recruiting.

You just made the perfect private school argument

Well done.

perhaps you could start by posting a list of all high schools in the state of  with open zones and compare that with their respective win/loss records and list the head coaches during winning seasons.  You really piss me off with your assumption that if an open zone school has a winning program that they are recruiting. Players WANT to play for winners and most parents will seek out the best options for their talented kids, even if they have to move. I would. I carted my kid 25 miles round trip every day so she could be in a great MUSIC program. Should choral and band programs be separated as well? My grands are homeschooled and 2 of them are outstanding athletes. We are  preparing them to play soccer for a public school program and are scrutinizing the local programs to find a good fit. My daughter is prepared to MOVE to get them in a good program. That is parental choice, not recruiting.

Booger thinking that was well done....Booger also thinking that stung like a wasp hit to some PUBS on here....take care of yourself and your loved ones and the rest can.....well; you know

Booger just sayin 

You just made the perfect private school argument

Well done.

And what happens if school choice is an option for all parents via a school voucher program. We chose to enroll our kid ooz because the school we were zoned for did not have a music program or advanced placement curriculum. She landed an amazing scholarship as a result of our decision. The voucher program has been bandied about for years by the Republicans who might have a shot at implementation if they take the White House in 2016. At that point all schools will be open zoned. If schools would simply approach these transfer students with an acceptable level of due diligence, it is unlikely that these "violations" would occur. Funny, the schools mentioned on this thread as the biggest "recruiters"  aren't the ones being penalized by TSSAA. Possibly because they have always had an open enrollment policy and are aware of the TSSAA process as it applies to transfer students.If you are going to accept these students as tuition transfers you at least owe it to them to abide by the rules and file appropriate paperwork.  It's not that more students are being "recruited" as much as it is more school administrators are not following proper procedures with respect to TSSAA regulations and failing the kids in the process.

The topic was private school recruiting not at any level but every level D1 or D2 go back and read the topic title just saying

Most hilarious post on the board at this time! The title clearly specified the issue of "public schools" not private schools. Apparently you just missed that. We now need a topic such as "Reading comprehension 101."  Please tell me this was posted by a kid and not an adult.