TV games in MidTN

partsunknown2

I really don't understand why it's so hard for them to advertise their games. During the Summer, when they sign a contract to broadcast a game, making it iron-clad, they need to have it announced on the sportscasts during FOX 17 News that very night. That's FREE advertising. For goodness sake, WVLT had their schedule out before Father's Day. But their [MyTV30] promotion of their high school basketball coverage is even worse. They don't even have a webpage for that on the MyTV30 site. Rivalry Thursday will far outlive Friday Night Rivals simply because RT knows how to get itself out there on the horizon of the season, and you only hear about FNR games from the teams that are playing in them (I first heard about Smyrna-LaVergne from Kreager). If Spring Hill-Page is one of the games being covered, and this message board is the first place I heard about it, someone is not very good at their job.

Edited by MTSN

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tullahoma has played multiple games that were featured on the Thursday broadcasts in year's past, and as good as it might sound to 'just wing it' selecting games, you have to consider what it takes to change a game from Friday to Thursday.

They can't just wing it from week to week. Schools have to prepare for Thursday night games if in fact they are going back to Thursday.

IMHO, Spring Hill will get a sizable Region 4-4A win over Page.

I knew it was something else to it just didn't know what. We had a conversation about this last year.Alot of the city folks "Nashville" don't be interested in a lot of the game outside Metro Nashville/Rutherford County/add a few others but i know they must spread the love.