Big Games in Memphis 2015 - Week 1

kwc

I seriously had Lausanne written down and then crossed them out at last minute. Good grief and all this Germantown talk on twitter ! I guess there number 8 ranking in the dandy dozen is gone and still don't know why they were even ranked in there after going 4-6 last season and new head coach. Dillon Mitchell had three touchdowns called back two on one drive that i know of-1 holding call 2 ) mouthpiece foul player didn't have his mouthpiece in 3) Dillon Mitchell had stepped out of bounds and came back in. Crazy Friday!

Yeah, I literally flipped a coin on that game (Lausanne/G-town) and I still wanted to select Lausanne after Germantown won the coin flip! Go figure. I talked myself out of it. When I read the CA's capsule on Lausanne I knew that they would be better this season. You have to remember that Ken Netherland started that program, and then brought in coach Locastro as an assistant before he retired (Ken). Coach Locastro knows how to run a private school football program. I selected Germantown knowing about the players he has over there and his experience. I remember when he left CBHS. I feel like he's in his element and I look for Lausanne to be good for as long as he is the HC of that program.The more I think about it the more I'm going to have to put that one on me.

Now, on that White Station game ... I just feel like that was an AWEFUL LOT of home cooking to overcome! Let's put it this way, I'm sure that that there are some White Station folk who aren't too happy with the officiating in that particular game.

:flower:

Edited by kwc

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Station's Dillon Mitchell's three TDs called back against CBHS.

From the Commercial Appeal:

By John Varlas

3: Nobody in town was more frustrated than Dillon Mitchell last Friday. The University of Oregon commit had three touchdowns called back -- two on the same drive -- in White Station's 28-20 loss to CBHS. A holding penalty that negated a dazzling 52-yard run was bad enough. But after taking a quick pass 51 yards to the house a few plays later, Mitchell was flagged for not having his mouthpiece in. He did, however, manage to score two TDs that did count, catching a nice 20-yard pass from Burk Mitchell and scoring on a short run late.

Edited by kwc