South Pittsburg vs sequatchie (Grider against that Caine man)

Roy Dillard

I tell ya man I'm afraid they don't make that list man. Bledsoe does in fact have some big strong boys but I'm afraid they're slower than a legless Ethiopian at a cake walk and when your that slow I don't for see you catching many fast teams man. Speed kills man on both sides of the ball especially when you have a spider2ybanana concept on offense! That's hard to defend man!

I agree they don't have much speed but SP and MC better not sleep on Bledose

I garuntee you that Beck man that McCurry man or that Ross man hasnt asked that Childress man if they could move up. After 2008 that Beck man got skeered and wouldn't even play that Reynolds man. As far as our durn stud manuals I think they got taken when our durn playbook went missing.....LRDAO.... You think im joking but im not.

Dear Ambassadors punching bag, :o

This old geezer believes that those punches are starting to take a toll on that excellent memory of yours :bored: If you recall an article came out in the Chattanooga Times Free Press where Victory said that he did not want to play Aloca. You had some fans that were that were chomping at the bit to get a piece of the big bad Alcoa. Vic made the right choice with that one. Oh and RLH, during the Golden Age of Pirate football where you had the most talent SP has ever had from Seniors to Freshamn, in 07 you had 42 guys and in 08 you had 47. Just referenced those numbers cause you brought up Ken and the Sunshine Band, our Golden Age of football. Still 30 is a low number for me given the tradition, recent success, and Vic at the helm. If it was anybody other than Vic, sure 30 seems normal.When Taylor became the HC at Marion County the numbers dwindled down in a hurry. This old geezer has one more thing to say, can't remember the posters name, but once a Pirate always a Pirate, is a false statement. Same applys for a Warrior. If you know the rivalry as well as some of us old farts, there as been plenty of uhhh, lets see, whats the term that Old Pirate likes to use for this................oh yeah "Fence Jumper". Yup, thats the one, rekon soooooo :thumb:

Best regards, (all in fun, don't get your cages ratteled to bad)

Old Geezer

Edited by oldfaithful
  • Upvote 1

This old geezer believes that those punches are starting to take a toll on that excellent memory of yours :bored: If you recall an article came out in the Chattanooga Times Free Press where Victory said that he did not want to play Aloca. You had some fans that were that were chomping at the bit to get a piece of the big bad Alcoa. Vic made the right choice with that one. Oh and RLH, during the Golden Age of Pirate football where you had the most talent SP has ever had from Seniors to Freshamn, in 07 you had 42 guys and in 08 you had 47. Just referenced those numbers cause you brought up Ken and the Sunshine Band, our Golden Age of football. Still 30 is a low number for me given the tradition, recent success, and Vic at the helm. If it was anybody other than Vic, sure 30 seems normal.When Taylor became the HC at Marion County the numbers dwindled down in a hurry. This old geezer has one more thing to say, can't remember the posters name, but once a Pirate always a Pirate, is a false statement. Same applys for a Warrior. If you know the rivalry as well as some of us old farts, there as been plenty of uhhh, lets see, whats the term that Old Pirate likes to use for this................oh yeah "Fence Jumper". Yup, thats the one, rekon soooooo :thumb: Best regards, (all in fun, don't get your cages ratteled to bad) Old Geezer

I garuntee you Griders team is alot smaller than that Rankin mans team. That Beck man started scheduling very weak opponents and still could barely manage a .500 record. Griders players have to play offence and defence. A lot of those Rankin mans players only play one or the other. That Beck man even got scared and cancelled his game with that durn Reynolds man. You no I aint joking either.

This old geezer believes that those punches are starting to take a toll on that excellent memory of yours :bored: If you recall an article came out in the Chattanooga Times Free Press where Victory said that he did not want to play Aloca. You had some fans that were that were chomping at the bit to get a piece of the big bad Alcoa. Vic made the right choice with that one. Oh and RLH, during the Golden Age of Pirate football where you had the most talent SP has ever had from Seniors to Freshamn, in 07 you had 42 guys and in 08 you had 47. Just referenced those numbers cause you brought up Ken and the Sunshine Band, our Golden Age of football. Still 30 is a low number for me given the tradition, recent success, and Vic at the helm. If it was anybody other than Vic, sure 30 seems normal.When Taylor became the HC at Marion County the numbers dwindled down in a hurry. This old geezer has one more thing to say, can't remember the posters name, but once a Pirate always a Pirate, is a false statement. Same applys for a Warrior. If you know the rivalry as well as some of us old farts, there as been plenty of uhhh, lets see, whats the term that Old Pirate likes to use for this................oh yeah "Fence Jumper". Yup, thats the one, rekon soooooo :thumb:

Best regards, (all in fun, don't get your cages ratteled to bad)

Old Geezer

I am not sure what your point is.  I brought up a 42 player roster from the mid 80s.  K.C. never had below 60 in a bad year and he complained about it when he did.  Plus he was AA in the old A-AA-AAA at the time which is why he was concerned. KC & the Sunshine Band knew how to use a numerical advantage against a team with lesser numbers. 

Edit:  BTW, 47 was half the male children in the school for 2008.

Edited by rlh

Just for the record I know last year's team wasn't very good, but my son was a Senior on that team and I know all the boys tried very hard to make things come together.  So I take a little offense to some of you bad-mouthing them.  There were coaching problems and parent problems that caused internal problems.  Plus, we lost our best runner at the very beginning of the season.  But, I know this is a place where anyone can say anything, including me, so I don't take it personally.  I do know that with Vic back at the helm things will turn around and the Pirate ship will sail proudly even if we don't win as many games as we'd like to.  GO PIRATES!!!

Just for the record I know last year's team wasn't very good, but my son was a Senior on that team and I know all the boys tried very hard to make things come together.  So I take a little offense to some of you bad-mouthing them.  There were coaching problems and parent problems that caused internal problems.  Plus, we lost our best runner at the very beginning of the season.  But, I know this is a place where anyone can say anything, including me, so I don't take it personally.  I do know that with Vic back at the helm things will turn around and the Pirate ship will sail proudly even if we don't win as many games as we'd like to.  GO PIRATES!!!

All warrior but I can tip my cap to that good post d60

Just for the record I know last year's team wasn't very good, but my son was a Senior on that team and I know all the boys tried very hard to make things come together. So I take a little offense to some of you bad-mouthing them. There were coaching problems and parent problems that caused internal problems. Plus, we lost our best runner at the very beginning of the season. But, I know this is a place where anyone can say anything, including me, so I don't take it personally. I do know that with Vic back at the helm things will turn around and the Pirate ship will sail proudly even if we don't win as many games as we'd like to. GO PIRATES!!!

Old Pirate says often times fellers get associated with others. That said, you surely were aware of the parents that had caused problems. Question is coaches get criticized often times unjustly, if you knowd of meddling parents, what did you do to offset that? Or did you jest sit back & watch? Don't take offense OP jest wondering if there were parents that stood up when coach Moore was embattled? BTW, this feud is between 2 fan bases composed of meddling parents that ran coaches off last year! Difference is SP was once a program that didn't have those types of issues! Edited by OLD PIRATE