Week 0: Sullivan South @ Daniel Boone

SECPowerHouse

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone fans don't appear too hopeful for this year. Haven't heard too many encouraging words from my buddies over there. I'm personally wondering how the QB situation will work out. The Soph. looks very good and is super quick but I was pleasantly surprised by the Senior who played back-up last night. Don't even remember him from last year but he looked really good. Hunter and Lucas both looked really good as well. Hoping to see improved line play this year as those guys are mostly returning and have another year of maturity under their belt.

South 28 Boone 14

I know nothing about Boone so I have no idea how this matchup will go.  I do know this - South lost am AMAZING amount of talent and experience from last year's team.  Last years senior class was special - one of the best overall classes that I remember  (The Jake Logue senior class would be up there as well).   

Even if this year's team has some talent they don't have a lot of experience and they have a new QB. Thus, to expect a season approaching those of the past several years is wishful thinking.  I hope i am wrong!  They do have some returning talent on Defense and some experience in the line so that will probably have to carry them early.

go Rebels!

Edited by tnreb

I understand South had a hard time at their scrimmage with on the Greene Co teams. Not sure which one. Just heard from a dad there it was difficult to watch. With that said I'm going with Boone on this one. Not by much though.

As a Blazer I like your pick, but this game will be over by half time, South just has waaayyyyyy too much speed

I understand South had a hard time at their scrimmage with on the Greene Co teams. Not sure which one. Just heard from a dad there it was difficult to watch. With that said I'm going with Boone on this one. Not by much though.

That's interesting. I think that most likely would have been West Greene but I don't know. I don't know yet what to expect out of this years edition of the Rebels. Looking at the Sonny Moore power ratings, if the Buffalos have not improved markedly, the Rebels would have had to fall from #38 to about #280 to be even with West Greene. I know they lost a lot but I can't see anywhere close to that far of a drop.