Week 2: Oneida @ Meigs County

crow

Whoo Wee, you all are hitting the high notes.  Love fish AND b-bque....!  So don't recon' I'm gonna go wrong for supper.  Folks.....I'll be the feller with some kind of sauce dribbling down my chin.  Tell me.....do they serve fish straight out of the lake?  I've run across a couple of those establishments down in the sticks that would give them food network stars some serious competition.  Bobby Flay ain't got nothing for Chef Moltrain down in Louisiana.  Catfish straight off the dock.....!  Crawdaddies the size of a small lobster.  Good eats.....!

Kaztain Krusto

Various sport booster clubs put on a feed prior to every home game and they're always very, very good. If it's the bar-b-q this week as someone mentioned, it will probably be the best bar-b-q you've ever eaten. The Meigs folks do know how to prepare food and they're wonderful hosts! Sometimes it's outside under tents on the girls softball field and other times it's inside in the cafeteria. You can't go wrong eating there. Also, as far as restaurants I'd highly recommend The Blueberry Pig (great sammiches, plus meat and veggies), LaHacienda (great Mexican), or The Family Diner (similar food to Blueberry Pig). All of these restaurants are on Hwy. 58 within a mile of each other in the Decatur city limits.

Wish i was heading to Decatur tomorrow. You've got me hungry. Nothing like good food and good high school football on the same night.

I'm curious to see how many players Onida brings to Decatur , also how many kids play both sides of the ball ? In my opinion this could be the determining factor due to the Tigers having only 1 that plays both , just my thoughts !

We've got about 55 on the roster, school of about 320 total. Depending on injuries we'll have around 50 dressed. As for playing both sides pretty much everybody plays both ways but we rotate heavily at every position. Very rare you won't see somebody sub in every play on offense & multiple subs on defense when time permits.

In regards to the food , the girls basketball team will have BBQ sandwiches ,chips,desert and drink for $8.00 for the fans to buy , the best part for the players is that both teams will be fed after the game tonight courtesy of Waste Connections garbage services and landfill, grilled burgers cooked on the converted garbage truck that you may have seen at the UT tailgate party's ( the truck has a built in grill and outdoor kitchen ) = good football and good eatin

Its safe to say that Oneida should be the "underdog" here.. They play everyone both sides of the ball and don't have the depth that meigs has. So your are probably right about that playing a factor, I mean heck if we have one Defensive back cramp up we could have some problems!! Should be a hard nosed game.. 42 and 4 seem pretty dang tough for meigs IMO.. 15 is a dang good linebacker too!! I just hope the tribe can manage the game and keep the turnovers on our side then we have a good chance.. Hey kaz hit me up bro maybe u can catch a ride with me!!! by the way guys I wouldn't worry about BIGGUMS to much cause its Friday he aint got no job he aint got no place to be and he aint got SHI$ to do!!! smokey

It is time.....fire up the grill.  I guess there ain't much else to say other than lets strap'em up and get to it.  If we have hydrated enough, I wouldn't think we'll suffer too much from cramps. Didn't appear to be an issue last week and it is a bit milder in the evenings.  I'm looking forward to the grub AND the football.  JuJu Hut has been smoking for a week so the vibe is good.  See the crew down South.

Kazoo :thumb: