Greene Devils at MoWest

I think this will be the toughest test of the year until the playoffs for the young Devils. Mo West holding Fulton to 12 points is impressive. Now I dont know if Fulton is down this year but you have to give it to Mo West for their performance. Greeneville struggled early in their game against AC but found themselves in the second half. If they can limit the penalties and play a complete four quarters i think they win in a dog fight.

The Ville 17 - West 14

Go Big Greene :mrgreen:

Fulton is DEFINATELY down.....Before saturday night i thought they would just roll through this season again like the last 3 years ( save for maryville) but after talking to one of their asst. coaches for about 30 miinutes before the game, i am convinced this fulton teams championship streak ends this year. They're very young like us, but i'll say this, their youth has a definitive speed advantage and that's what kept them hanging around saturday night. IF west completes a single pass in the 4th quarter, the winning streak is over, but they had the dropsies all night and the Delaney kid, no matter how good he is, cant carry them against a speedy defense. West kept trying to go outside against Fulton all night for some reason....BAD IDEA....lol...gona be a great and interesting year for all of us...GO BIG GREENE

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a few post and moved on to now.What MW vs Fulton done in their game and what happens in MW vs Greeneville in this weeks game, put with a few bucks will buy you a happy meal.It's in all of us as football fans to compare common opponents.Sure if Greeneville beats the crap out of MW this week,we will all start to think Fulton doesn't have a chance against Greeneville,but then we will all be wrong.Right now,I think 5A and 4A are wide open.I'd love to see the Devils win big this week and they have the athletes to do it if they play their best game

The visiting team has won the last two meetings. Aside from Greeneville blowing MOW out two years ago, all the recent games have been nail biters. Greeneville can definately win this game, but it will take their best effort. I really really like the chemistry with this years team. At this point in the season, this is easily the most tight knit group of kids ive seen in my 6 years now of covering them. What i saw from the MOW vs FHS game was two stingy defenses. Greenevilles D will have to step it up this week. The Delaney kid from MOW will get his yards, the question is will the Greene secondary rise to the challenge?

The visiting team has won the last two meetings. Aside from Greeneville blowing MOW out two years ago, all the recent games have been nail biters. Greeneville can definately win this game, but it will take their best effort. I really really like the chemistry with this years team. At this point in the season, this is easily the most tight knit group of kids ive seen in my 6 years now of covering them. What i saw from the MOW vs FHS game was two stingy defenses. Greenevilles D will have to step it up this week. The Delaney kid from MOW will get his yards, the question is will the Greene secondary rise to the challenge?

Defense will win this game, for sure. Surely our offense will do better than we did last week. Question more than anything is how do we respond?

Go Trojans!

I'm glad we scheduled Fulton and Greeneville back to back, if for no other reason than non-region games don't affect playoff seeding like they used to. Even if we don't win, we can always learn from it and bounce back in region play. Glad the TSSAA went back to emphasizing region play for playoff seeding as opposed to overall record.

The more I think about this game the more I feel like West should win pretty comfortably. West's struggles on offense against Fulton really came down to 2 things, Fultons major size advantage on the interior line, and the speed on the outside. Fultons nose tackle was in the West backfield all night, which stopped the inside run game and prevented the West quarterbacks from having any time to find recievers. When west tried to get outside the safeties were crashing an meeting it at the point of attack. All this said I don't think Greeneville is gonna have the same size or speed advantage and West will be able to move the ball on the ground and open up the play action passing game. On the other side the West front 7 should be able to disrupt the Devil offense just as much as they did the Fulton offense. I was impressed with Malone's maturity and the fact that he held on to the pull instead of just throwing it up for grabs with the defense barring down on him. The West secondary was also phenomenal Saturday aside from the one busted coverage for the touchdown. Every other time Malone dropped back he had nowhere to go with the ball. Without the size and speed advantages Fulton had on defense I really don't see Greeneville shutting down the West offense the same way and I really don't see Greeneville having much more success against the West defense than Fulton did. West should be able to pull away in this one.