West vs Sevier County

gobears89

One thing for sure, West looked like the better team tonight.    They forced SC to kick a 47 yard FG to win.  West still is fine tuning things but they showed much improvement tonight.  People were saying West was going to get blown out.  No way no how!  I just hope we play SC in the playoffs. Go West!

Well what a game. Enjoyed it. But yes West will improve but Sevier County will be better as there offense clicks. And I am sure Sevier County would love to play West in the playoffs. To be the best got to beat the best...

One thing for sure, West looked like the better team tonight.    They forced SC to kick a 47 yard FG to win.  West still is fine tuning things but they showed much improvement tonight.  People were saying West was going to get blown out.  No way no how!  I just hope we play SC in the playoffs. Go West!

Those early mistakes cost West. As bad as they looked against HVA on offense and the improvement they showed tonight is a big building block, although I don't think SC has a very good D. Their offense doesn't look to be as potent in years past either.

Those early mistakes cost West. As bad as they looked against HVA on offense and the improvement they showed tonight is a big building block, although I don't think SC has a very good D. Their offense doesn't look to be as potent in years past either

I am not worried about it. Sevier County will be fine. Sevier County will do like always game by game.    :rolleyes:  And Sevier County is a bit underrated.   West and Sevier County and Oak Ridge are Top 5 teams in 5a this year.

I am not worried about it. Sevier County will be fine. Sevier County will do like always game by game.    :rolleyes:  And Sevier County is a bit underrated.   West and Sevier County and Oak Ridge are Top 5 teams in 5a this year.

I seriously doubt it. A lot can change between now and the end of the season (I fully expect West to be hard to beat come playoff time) but right now? Absolutely not. The mid state and west end of the state probably comprise the top 5 if I had to guess.

I seriously doubt it. A lot can change between now and the end of the season (I fully expect West to be hard to beat come playoff time) but right now? Absolutely not. The mid state and west end of the state probably comprise the top 5 if I had to guess.

:rolleyes:  You just might be right. Only time will tell. But one thing for sure Middle and West Tennessee High Schools seem to struggle against the East Tennessee teams in the state title games.

I will always pull for East Tennessee. And West , Oak Ridge or even Rhea County will play for the state title this year. And more then likely bring it home along side Fulton , Maryville and Alcoa this year. I don't think Sevier County has the depth nor the Defense to make it but there offense is good enough and as the season goes they will have one of the best offenses watch and see. As for Sevier County being underrated at the beginning of the year absolutely. West and Sevier County will play again in the playoffs and it will be a good game again and maybe West can revenge there loss unless Oak Ridge gets to Sevier County or even Rhea at that matter. But without a doubt Sevier County is always hard to beat the second game you play them. So West fans can hope to play Sevier County again. But it will not be a walk in the park. And it'll more then likely be at Sevier County High School.

I think West will only have one more loss this season going into the Playoffs. The rebels need to go downfield more as I have watched two games where the rebels receivers can just straight outrun anyone on the field. I know you have to run to set that up, but I want to see more downfield attack from this team. As for sevier county I didn't see enough of the banks kid? The QB has a lively arm, but is running for his life every play! Sevier county needs to work with the Db's on how to cover a pass, Great kicker for the team, and the smoky bears need some Ol/Dl depth. Having big #72 out both ways for the whole game isn't going to fly for them. I was overly impressed with the QB for West and Honestly he had better blocking making him look as good or better than the Sevier County highly touted QB. Great game by both teams last night.

• Upvote 1