Harriman at Wartburg

Maybe not. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, I picked Whattaburger in the Sunbright game. Just wondering how far off the # they were. This week will be tough. Good luck Dogs.

Sunbright returns quite a bit from last year from what I've heard. They lost the biggest name on the team in Bunch and I believe that has caused some people to think they'll be down this year they're gonna miss the playoffs due to Oneida, CF, GB and Harriman being in the region but they won't lay down and give up that 4th spot without a fight.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunbright returns quite a bit from last year from what I've heard. They lost the biggest name on the team in Bunch and I believe that has caused some people to think they'll be down this year they're gonna miss the playoffs due to Oneida, CF, GB and Harriman being in the region but they won't lay down and give up that 4th spot without a fight.

I'm sure they'll fight, but they just didn't have much for us other than Bunch last year

I'm sure they'll fight, but they just didn't have much for us other than Bunch last year

You're exactly right. They always start off slow for some reason but you all were also good last year. you all lost to GB and CF by a total of 6 points. Sunbright also played GB, CF and Oneida within 2 tds each game(not combined) and won 7 of their last 9 only losing to Oneida and GB. They always field a pretty solid team and I think they could hurt someone's feelings this year if they get overlooked.

You're exactly right. They always start off slow for some reason but you all were also good last year. you all lost to GB and CF by a total of 6 points. Sunbright also played GB, CF and Oneida within 2 tds each game(not combined) and won 7 of their last 9 only losing to Oneida and GB. They always field a pretty solid team and I think they could hurt someone's feelings this year if they get overlooked.

I'm not overlooking them by any means. If we don't pull it together and come prepared each week we won't beat anybody. Just because there's some talent on the roster this year doesn't mean we get everything handed to us and get to be lazy. It takes work.

I'm not overlooking them by any means. If we don't pull it together and come prepared each week we won't beat anybody. Just because there's some talent on the roster this year doesn't mean we get everything handed to us and get to be lazy. It takes work.

Exactly! You guys will be prepared tho so no worries there. No way you all miss the playoffs this year. It ain't happening

Overall, up and down Harriman is better than Sunbright, that's no disrespect. Harriman has just got too much for Sunbright anywhere on the field. Alot of mismatches and probably not enough depth for Sunbright, when they come to town next Friday.

Harrimans next three games are wins. Rockwood is a toss up but it's very reasonable for you all to be 4-1 when you come to Coalfield October 2nd.

Should be the case. Wartburg seems to be very young this year, but to their credit does have some talent in those underclassmen. Give Coach Larry Davis a few years to get his system and with the talent, Wartburg should at least be decent.

I think the jury's still out on Larry Davis. To be honest, I still don't understand this hire. I only hope this team shows more enthusiasm than they did 10 years ago under Davis. Something just tells me that Davis' time has come and gone.

Harrimans next three games are wins. Rockwood is a toss up but it's very reasonable for you all to be 4-1 when you come to Coalfield October 2nd.

No reason why we can't and why we shouldn't. We matchup to our advantage every game up until we travel to Coalfield. The boys have already let 1 game slip away. No more patty cake or losing games you shouldn't. This is too special of a team to see them do that. I think they're in the right state of mind and ready to still make this a great season.

I think the jury's still out on Larry Davis. To be honest, I still don't understand this hire. I only hope this team shows more enthusiasm than they did 10 years ago under Davis. Something just tells me that Davis' time has come and gone.

You could be right as well. I was just trying to be optimistic for the Wartburg faithful. With Davis it's more of you know what's coming, but you had better be able to stop it or it will be a long night. I was told he was only going to be there for a few years as he is grooming the "head coach in waiting." I'm not sure the name of that coach though.