Brentwood Academy is too talented &experienced this year to underperform

baylorbigdog1976

He was the 3rd string QB on the freshmen team. Which is why he is at Station Camp. Oatsvall was a freshmen, and Schoenwald was coming right behind them. Probably a good move.

The kid and JO were the freshmen QB's when Schoenwald was an 8th grader. Right? Kid outperformed Oatsval in MS and was clearly better and more athletic than him while not being an "older" student for their grade. Kid left because he believed he didn't get a fair chance per many people I heard from. That includes a BA legend who I spoke with this past week at a volleyball game. BTW doesn't JO's father was help coach at BA? It was a good move for him for obvious reasons.

Edited by Playerscoach

Kid outperformed Oatsval in MS and was clearly better than him. Kid left because he believed didn't get a fair chance per many people I heard from. Especially considering JO's father was helping at BA. It was a good move for him.

The people you heard from are wrong.  Kid was never going to play QB with JO and Gavin there.  Do you think BA cares who your daddy is?  

The people you heard from are wrong. Kid was never going to play QB with JO and Gavin there. Do you think BA cares who your daddy is?

Read my post again and you'll get my answer. I'm sure Station Camp is glad they have him and wouldn't trade him for JO.

Haha. The people I know are extremely familiar with BA, the football program specifically and have been associated with the school for 30 years.

Seeing how much that program under-performs relative to its talent I'll believe them more so than a guy who didn't know that kid and JO were the freshmen QB's while Scho was an 8th grader.

Edited by Playerscoach

Read my post again and you'll get my answer. I'm sure Station Camp is glad they have him and wouldn't trade him for JO.

Haha. The people I know are extremely familiar with BA, the football program specifically and have been associated with the school for 30 years.

Seeing how much that program under-performs relative to its talent I'll believe them more so than a guy who didn't know that kid and JO were the freshmen QB's while Scho was an 8th grader.

I know what grade they are in.  Scho was coming right behind them. And anyone "in the know" at BA would know that Oatsvall and Scho were going to be the QBs, and they have another backup QB that is a sophomore that is pretty decent as well.     Station Camp at 0-2 should be thankful for him.  And speaking for underperforming coaching staffs.....I'd say SC is up there.   This thread is about BA underachieving............not some QB at SC.   

BTW you made it about the kid by making your negative comments about him. That transfer directly related to issues at BA. Sorry you are having trouble understanding that.

BTW you obviously didn't know their grades in you initial comment about the kid being third string in 9th grade which is why I corrected you.

Don't make disparaging remarks when you can't even get basic facts right. It makes your assertion look uninformed.

I'll stick with my unbiased and knowledgeable contacts there who played in college and have kids who played with JO and the kid. Their kids are also current SEC players.

Like I said it shouldn't be a surprise considering what we've seen from that program.

Edited by Playerscoach

BTW you made it about the kid by making your negative comments about him. That transfer directly related to issues at BA. Sorry you are having trouble understanding that.

BTW you obviously didn't know their grades in you initial comment about the kid being third string in 9th grade which is why I corrected you.

Don't make disparaging remarks when you can't even get basic facts right. It makes your assertion look uninformed.

I'll stick with my unbiased and knowledgeable contacts there who played in college and have kids who played with JO and the kid. Their kids are also current SEC players.

Like I said it shouldn't be a surprise considering what we've seen from that program.

I said nothing negative about the kid, and he was 3rd string as a freshmen which is why he was moved to WR.   And it wasn't behind Scho....because he obviously was in 8th grade.  That is a fact.  Nothing negative.   You are insinuating daddyball with a kid who led the basketball team to a state title, and has been known as one of the upcoming athletes in the midstate for years.   And then made a comment about "how he was held back"..... 

If you really believe the quarterback at SC is a better athlete and QB than Oatsvall or Schoenwald....then that is your opinion.   You obviously had some relationship to that player, or you would not be bringing him into discussion.  He is irrelevant to the whole topic.  

My "disparaging comments" were actual facts.  I didn't say "the kid was terrible".  I said he was not better than the competition at his position.   

I said nothing negative about the kid, and he was 3rd string as a freshmen which is why he was moved to WR. And it wasn't behind Scho....because he obviously was in 8th grade. That is a fact. Nothing negative. You are insinuating daddyball with a kid who led the basketball team to a state title, and has been known as one of the upcoming athletes in the midstate for years. And then made a comment about "how he was held back".....

If you really believe the quarterback at SC is a better athlete and QB than Oatsvall or Schoenwald....then that is your opinion. You obviously had some relationship to that player, or you would not be bringing him into discussion. He is irrelevant to the whole topic.

My "disparaging comments" were actual facts. I didn't say "the kid was terrible". I said he was not better than the competition at his position.

Basketball? JO is a very good player. Not sure what that has to do with anything? That my friend is a tangent. Talking about a kid who played for BA and is an example of issues there is on point. A point I might add that clearly is above your head.

As I've stated numerous times it's not just my opinion but the opinion of well informed BA alums.

sheesh...if u guys think ur coaching staff is bad, wait til u see the cougars from Jackson roll up

if u guys want speed its all right there in green and gold...my guess is they will not have scored a TD by the time they have faced BA

some of the best athletes in jackson...with no coaching...its a shame...

Love the banter between players and quick!  Truth be told shouldn't the "star QB" over at SC be at DCA? Isn't that where he started until Momma DDS got upset and took him to BA thinking he would be the star. When it was obvious he wasn't she jumped ship again.  BA is loaded with talent with a subpar coach where as The MIGHTY Ensworth is a little down on talent this year but we always have Ricky B!

I really thought this year BA was going to be unbeatable with the way they handled Olive Branch and the way Trinity handled EHS. Now I'm thinking maybe it's the same old BA and EHS might get better as the season progresses. As a high school football fan I'm hoping for the latter and a  4-5 team race for the gold ball.

You may be correct about a number of things just seems BA in the big games for years has been - how do I say this .... A disappointment --and out coached. Just in recent memory.

MUS teams. Clearly a more talented BA team easily beats MUS in the regular season. Then gets beat two times after taking huge leads in both games.

Ensworth for last two years.

I really thought this year BA was going to be unbeatable with the way they handled Olive Branch and the way Trinity handled EHS. Now I'm thinking maybe it's the same old BA and EHS might get better as the season progresses. As a high school football fan I'm hoping for the latter and a 4-5 team race for the gold ball.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976