Riverdale - Blackman First Region Challenge What Are The Keys To a Win?

warrior82dad

They werent challegned deep because he benched his QB who is one of the best in the state passing. The back up doesnt have an arm and we saw that. This coach is unable to use his talent to the best of thier ability. Its his way or the highway. Even when the kids had a chance to score inside the 10 with 2 minues to go he refused to call time out and give them an opportunity. He just let the clock run out. It's like he felt the kids didnt deserve to score. Players play for thier coach and we are all seeing the results of a dictator that belittles his players to the point where there are at least 10 kids in that school who are better than the kids on the field who will not play for him. When you have a freshman program and a jv program that continues to win year after year but when they move up the program falls off to mediocrity then there is a coaching problem. Its time for him to go!

I think you have to pin some blame on the lack of depth. You had to play several players both ways while we had the luxury of 3 or 4 backs...2 completely separate o and d lines and fresh players 2 to 3 deep at all positions. I

I couldn't understand benching the QB either, but then again I am not the coach. The deep ball has been our biggest challenge this year allowing players to get behind us and getting out of position, We played a better secondary game last night for sure. I will say Rivedale did not look to be on par with teams of the past and loosing your  starting back(Jerry Young) has been big.I will also say that you gotta give some credit to the Blaze for playing a little more on par with the Blackman teams from the last couple years 

Edited by Blaze45

Blaze I'm not taking anything away from Blackman. They were clearly the better team and it wasn't close.

This was the 2nd week in a row the QB has been benched. Guess he didn't hand off 3 times in a row correctly.

lol....i know you weren't I was trying but didn't do a very good job of shifting some of the focus of a lack luster performance from the Warriors to a good showing from the blaze.  After we got troucnced by Chalkville the 11th ranked team in the nation, it was easier for me to focus onthe fact that they were a really good team, and not as much we played poorly and flat.

That QB holds multiple offers out West yet all he can do is throw swing passes behind the line of scrimmage for a loss at Riverdale. Has one of the prettiest deep pass I've seen in awhile. Funny how they scored both times he's been allowed to throw it deep with multiple recievers.

Sad we can't use this QB for his strengths! I bet he regrets going to Riverdale! I don't know who recommended that he go there with the offense we run, just saying. probably should of went to Siegel or Blackman maybe would of been a better fit. Your right he does have a beautiful deep ball! Hope all works out for this young man and the rest of these kids on this team! Life lessons and these kids will learn from it! As fans and parents it sure breaks your heart for them but it is what it is! Will continue to pull for these boys! GO WARRIORS! Young men listen to your coach, be respectful to your coach and give your best the games you have left! Best wishes! GO WARRIORS :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:

Sad we can't use this QB for his strengths! I bet he regrets going to Riverdale! I don't know who recommended that he go there with the offense we run, just saying. probably should of went to Siegel or Blackman maybe would of been a better fit. Your right he does have a beautiful deep ball! Hope all works out for this young man and the rest of these kids on this team! Life lessons and these kids will learn from it! As fans and parents it sure breaks your heart for them but it is what it is! Will continue to pull for these boys! GO WARRIORS! Young men listen to your coach, be respectful to your coach and give your best the games you have left! Best wishes! GO WARRIORS :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:

QB cannot throw because he does NOT have an O-line that can pass block!

What is sad is even LaVergne does not have any line players that have to play both ways.

O-line is exhausted even before the first quarter is finished. That is virtually NO conditioning.

Not gonna happen as long as Tom Nolan is principal

No, because that would mean HE made a mistake hiring him in the first place.

Maybe if the students that are at the game doing anything besides looking at their phones would start some sort of chant about the Coach HAS to go. Then and only then will Nolan act.

Maybe it is finally time for BOTH of them to retire?

Edited by Lost Old Dad

No, because that would mean HE made a mistake hiring him in the first place.

Maybe if the students that are at the game doing anything besides looking at their phones would start some sort of chant about the Coach HAS to go. Then and only then will Nolan act.

Maybe it is finally time for BOTH of them to retire?

LOD, I agree with you about needing a change, but the students chanting for a teachers/coaches head is a little extreme.

It was sad to see the Riverdale program look like that, and ultimately the Head Coach bears responsibility for that. As to the QB....if he has offers "out West" I would be surprised. Talent at the QB position is not dependent on throwing a "pretty" ball. I only saw one ball that would be considered "pretty" and it sailed out of bounds. There were many more that were bounced, fluttered, etc. He didn't look too enthusiastic on the times he had to keep the ball either. However, I don't know that I would be too enthusiastic behind that oline either. I think Coach A was just trying to look for a spark down 21-0. He probably thought putting in the kid that might be able to run away from the pressure would be better. I don't know. It's just sad to see the Riverdale program sink that far.

Edited by blazeburnin

and the advantages of staying in Cookeville and getting your brains beat in where?

Haha! Eric Locke stays in Cookeville we don't get our brains beat in. He was that good. Didn't lose a game in 8th grade. Man among boys. I don't blame Juicy for moving him I don't guess. Riverdale is where everybody wanted to be in the '90's.

Didn't you say you played at Riverdale UCM? I thought I saw that in another thread.

Edited by THE SQUAD

Haha! Eric Locke stays in Cookeville we don't get our brains beat in. He was that good. Didn't lose a game in 8th grade. Man among boys. I don't blame Juicy for moving him I don't guess. Riverdale is where everybody wanted to be in the '90's.

Didn't you say you played at Riverdale UCM? I thought I saw that in another thread.

Eric was good, but it helped that he had the strongest O-lines in the state at R'dale. If you check the records R'dale had a finalist for Mr Football almost EVERY year. I don't remember C'ville EVER having one.

Cookeville did NOT have the weight program then that would have given him the same amount of yards he got at R'dale. Now that C'ville has a Rankin protégé they 'might' have it in the near future.