Riverdale - Blackman First Region Challenge What Are The Keys To a Win?

warrior82dad

I think the worst thing that can happen for both programs is that they both play bad. Even with the big wins both teams have there are some big questions about both programs. I don't think the Blackman faithful are ready to go all in on the win against McCalie. And the Riverdale faithful are a house divided at this point. Both teams need a good game win or lose to get something out this one. Otherwise the big wins over Ooltewah and McCalie are tarnished.

Buy in at the player level is where it begins and I think we have quite a bit of that at Blackman at this moment . As for the blaze faithful. I am as die hard as it gets. I am a Shadowens fan through and through, but I gotta tell you. I Think Coach Watson has grown alot as a coach over the years with coach Shad and surrounded himself with great hires. We have areas we gotta fix and they are making subtle changes and getting better every week..I have ssen alot of focus and a "lets get serious attitude in everything they are doing" This will be a good game

Buy in at the player level is where it begins and I think we have quite a bit of that at Blackman at this moment . As for the blaze faithful. I am as die hard as it gets. I am a Shadowens fan through and through, but I gotta tell you. I Think Coach Watson has grown alot as a coach over the years with coach Shad and surrounded himself with great hires. We have areas we gotta fix and they are making subtle changes and getting better every week..I have ssen alot of focus and a "lets get serious attitude in everything they are doing" This will be a good game

By in at the player level is a residual effect from Shad. Not taking anything away from Coach Watson. His stint at Siegel didn't go well. But so far has proven to be a better coach than his time at Siegel. He has a longer leash than Coach A. Some Riverdale fans want to run that man out of town and nothing he can do or say will change that. Even if he did bring a gold ball home. That's why it's more critical, in my opinion, for Riverdale to do well. Coach Watson has some wiggle room, being that he is the new head coach. Coach A is definitely on the hot seat as far as the Riverdale faithful are concerned.

Edited by milo118

By in at the player level is a residual effect from Shad. Not taking anything away from Coach Watson. His stint at Siegel didn't go well. But so far has proven to be a better coach than his time at Siegel. He has a longer leash than Coach A. Some Riverdale fans want to run that man out of town and nothing he can do or say will change that. Even if he did bring a gold ball home. That's why it's more critical, in my opinion, for Riverdale to do well. Coach Watson has some wiggle room, being that he is the new head coach. Coach A is definitely on the hot seat as far as the Riverdale faithful are concerned.

I agree, I have read most of the post regarding Coach A and  there are a lot of parents. alumni and supporters who are starting to doubt the direction of the program . I did my best to save Coach Shadowens job, not because I thought Watson or someone would mess the program up, but because I thought he was and still is one of the best coaches in the state.Since then  I have set through nearly every practice, scrimmage spring work out Booster club meeting and believe Watson is doing a bonafide job. I see these kids everyday i can tell you  they believe Coach Watson is capable of leading them and more importantly  respect him enough to follow, 

Good to hear. I think Blackman was lucky to have him at the school already. Someone new may have blown up that program and set them back a couple of years. I will say this. If he posts a 3-7 record this year it may be hard to be so confident about him being the right choice. However I don't see the Blaze going 3-7.

Edited by milo118

Good to hear. I think Blackman was lucky to have him at the school already. Someone new may have blown up that program and set them back a couple of years. I will say this. If he posts a 3-7 record this year it may be hard to be so confident about him being the right choice. However I don't see the Blaze going 3-7.

With our schedule I really thought a 5 and 5 was going to be acceptable... I am Hopeful we can get one against Riverdale and either Oakland or Tucker.... That would set us up to possibly go 7-3 or 8-2... that would be a huge year all things considered. 

With our schedule I really thought a 5 and 5 was going to be acceptable... I am Hopeful we can get one against Riverdale and either Oakland or Tucker.... That would set us up to possibly go 7-3 or 8-2... that would be a huge year all things considered.

I agree. Good luck to you guys Friday night

Edited by milo118