pilgrim

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'm in

Centennial- Agree, they will be back

Clarksville- No Problem here

Henry County- A win, but I'm not sure yet how many cylinders they have this year

Rossview- Size and experience against speed and inexperience. Brentwood looks huge on the line. I don't know if Brentwood will take Rossview serious because they are small and young. Rossview made a lot of mistakes last week with fumbles and a blocked punt that resulted in Beech scoring  easy points. They can't do that this week. 

Pilgrim- Upset of the week? Come on man! Rossview has its work cut out this week. 

Edited by poppop

I think many will pick Rossview in this one based off of:

Rossview is 2-0 and was rank 47 last week. (Sonny Moore's computer rankings)

Brentwood is 0-2 and was ranked 80 last week.

But it is really hard to tell how good Brentwood can be because they played two top ten teams in the state. I think Brentwood comes out with a chip on their shoulder.

I like Centennial, Clarksville, HC, and Brentwood.  

Pop - I'm not sure how many cylinders we have right now, either.  Think some players stepped up last Friday night and the NE game is coming at the perfect time to gain reps and branch out with personnel.  We're just young at the skill positions, with more than a handful of guys who have the potential to be leaders.  It's a lot to ask sophomores and juniors to carry the load in 5A ball, but that's the hand we're dealt this year.  I'm just glad Brentwood and Centennial come at the end of the season. 

It’s time for regional play. What are your picks?

Centennial (1-1) @ Dickson County (1-1)

Clarksville (2-0) @ West Creek (0-2)

Henry County (1-1) @ Northeast (1-1)

Bentwood (0-2) @ Rossview (2-0)

Centennial 35 - 23 Dickson County

Clarksville 45 - 13 West Creek

Henry County 43 - 0 Northeast

Brentwood 24 - 6 Rossview

Centennial 35 - 23 Dickson County

Clarksville 45 - 13 West Creek

Henry County 43 - 0 Northeast

Brentwood 24 - 6 Rossview

What's your take on the district after last week's games? It's hard to tell how good Clarksville High is bc they haven't played anybody that would make the playoffs in this district. With the athletes that they have accompanied with the good coaching, i don't see Clarksville finishing any worse than 2nd. Centennial is the class of the district on paper but are not unbeatable. Indy showed that BUT CHS had quiete a few turnovers. Also non of these teams will see a team the likes of indy.  From what i understand, DC played with Centennial but had 2 costly turnovers that were unforced inside there own 10 as well as Columboia. Could very well be 2-1. HC, well besides the OL/DL,  wasn't very impressive against NE, which is trainwreck right now. I don't know whats going over there but they looked very unorganized and seem disgruntled. Rossview I feel is a good team but are like Kenwood, very predictable.They pass, but a good secondary and DL push will stop them. A well coached team like Clarksville High and Centennial will have no problems.Brentwood i feel is the 3rd best team in the district behind Clarksville High and Centennial. of course HC could get their pass defense together and make me eat crow.  I think the 4th spot is up for grabs.between Rossview and HC. DC is a long shot. The battle for the bottom will be between Westcreek and NE.