Webb vs. CAK

Govolsknox

Question. What ever happened to FootBallDad and BRPro?? Miss talking to those guys. I thought BRPro had young kids in the school. Assumed he would be on the T for many years to come.

I'm nor sure about BRPro but I know FBD is still around although like me, his kids have graduated. He still makes it to some games. I certainly miss the posts both of them made. Two classy posters, that represented CAK well and had very interesting perspectives.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, CAK by 35 seems a little aggressive to me, but I could be wrong. CAK big nonetheless. Too many weapons against the very young Webb team this year. They do take a bus over, BTW.

I have to agree, 35 seems considerable too high. I do think the Warriors have a good team this year, and combined with Webb having a young team, it could spell a CAK victory if the Warriors play like they are capable of. But I've seen enough of Webb over the years never to count them out. I'd be happy with a 1 point victory...

I'm nor sure about BRPro but I know FBD is still around although like me, his kids have graduated. He still makes it to some games. I certainly miss the posts both of them made. Two classy posters, that represented CAK well and had very interesting perspectives.

Absolutely right, I enjoy all CAK fans opinions on these boards. Class guys with informative posts.

I don't see Webb being much of a problem for CAK. Webb has some solid players all over the field, but I don't see them stopping the aerial assault, or the ground game for that matter. Still stand by my word though, I think the Spartans will be in Cookeville in December even if they have 3 or 4 losses.

CAK- 41

Webb-21

Hard to beat Webb big because of their style of play. Without the big play makers they have had over the past few years, they'll grind it out and eat up the clock as much as possible.

I agree with this, CAK will need two stops to get ahead and force Webb to run some offense they are not comfortable with. Cak handled Grace but that's after they stopped the Wing T a few series, although Grace had some success going over right side. High powered offense verse assignment offense, and I think CAK wins this one but Webb scares me athletes or not.

Question. What ever happened to FootBallDad and BRPro?? Miss talking to those guys. I thought BRPro had young kids in the school. Assumed he would be on the T for many years to come.

Just so happens I ran into FootballDad and Mrs. FootballDad just before kickoff at the Bowling Green game. He's doing well. And believe it or not I was busting on him about not posting on CoachT...he had some lame excuse about being busy. Seriously, he and the Mrs. are busy trying to get a new business rolling and from the sound of it takes a lot of their time. They poured their heart and soul heart and soul into the CAK program...they are two fine individuals.

Just so happens I ran into FootballDad and Mrs. FootballDad just before kickoff at the Bowling Green game. He's doing well. And believe it or not I was busting on him about not posting on CoachT...he had some lame excuse about being busy. Seriously, he and the Mrs. are busy trying to get a new business rolling and from the sound of it takes a lot of their time. They poured their heart and soul heart and soul into the CAK program...they are two fine individuals.

Fine man and a fine family. I feel fortunate to have gotten to know them.

Hard to beat Webb big because of their style of play. Without the big play makers they have had over the past few years, they'll grind it out and eat up the clock as much as possible.

My thoughts exactly. The way Webb grinds it out, they just don't give you many opportunities to score on them. So CAK has to make the most of those opportunities. As Gunslinger said, I have seen enough of Webb over the years to know that even if they don't have the big name stars like they've had the last few years, they always have talent (it just may be younger this year) and somehow manage, with 35 guys on the roster, to field a great team. No one runs the Wing T with the precision and execution of Webb, at least not that I've ever seen.

I expect a very tough game this Friday, and I'll just be happy if we get out of there with a 1 point victory.

Not many Webb posters on CoachT that I've seen, at least not on the 3A boards. I remember a few years ago, Powersweep used to post. Classy guy who always had interesting posts. Haven't seen him in quite a while though.

Here's hoping for an injury free game! I'm hoping my Warriors can pull it out against an always touch (and tricky) Webb team.

Final 32-14 CAK

Congratulations to the Warriors for persevering! Webb jumped out to a 14-0 lead before the lightning delay with 2:30 left in the 1st quarter. Webb used great play calling, excellent execution, and a fake punt, combined with costly penalties by CAK on offense, to get the Warriors on their heels early

After the lightning delay, CAK scored 32 unanswered points (5 TD's with 3 blocked extra points).

Overall I was impressed with a young Spartan team that came ready to play, and a great coach who had a game plan ready to give CAK a lot to think about. As the game progressed, CAK began to get a better feel for what Webb was doing on offense and held them scoreless for a little over 3 quarters. The Warrior offense clicked, both in the rain, and after it stopped raining, and CAK just had too many weapons for the Spartans to stop.

It was a very entertaining game, despite a lightning delay. CAK still has a lot of things to work on to improve, including penalties and extra points. Best of luck to the Spartans as they continue to improve and I suspect they will be a major player in the race for their state championship.