Hardin Valley 2-1 (1-0) @Dobyns-Bennett 3-1 (1-0)

Indian423

Sure DB can beat Maryville if a lot of things go really good.I'd say right now that Maryville is 4 plus touchdowns better if GQ calls off the dogs early.That's just how it is and it's nothing bad towards DB or the other teams in region 1,Maryville is just on a different level .

Maryville will beat DB or anyone else in Region 1 by as many points as they want to. I don't think you could take the best players off each team and beat them.

Maryville will beat DB or anyone else in Region 1 by as many points as they want to. I don't think you could take the best players off each team and beat them.

If I could take the best players and hire anyone to coach them,I'd beat Maryville like a drum.My first five coaches would be GQ and four of his staff.I'd take a couple from DB and Greeneville.I'd set up who I wanted to make it the strongest team in the state as well.I guess since this is not going to happen,Maryville is the closest thing to what I've just described and I'll have to agree with you.

Can anyone explain the unsportsmanlike conduct calls on DB (2 or 3 back to back) on the same play? Did they ever say what exactly it was?

Not gonna' say who it was but two players for DB were mouthing off at the Harden Valley players with one DB player running up like he was going to throw a punch but stopping just short of that. A few Harden Valley players were mouthing off as well but they weren't flagged. Probably Harden Valley should of been flagged as well but that was just dumb beyond belief for DB. Having the ball on the 1 inch line with the score tied with about 5 minutes to go and you don't care enough about you team mates, school, fans etc. that you can't keep your emotions in check is sickening. Then as if that wasn't embarrassing enough on the very next play DB gets a holding penalty. They had the ball on the 1 inch line and ended up on the 40. Has this even ever happened before in the history of the game? Can't they get a copy of the rule book and have someone teach the players the rules of the game? This has been going on for at least 10 years. They don't seem to think it's a problem. The band actually gets credit for 2 point margin last night.  "THE BAND!"

I'm not so sure. Take the 20 best players and give them Alcoa's coaching staff, you could beat Maryville.

But all this talk is for nothing. DB will not hang with Maryville. Maybe they will look good at first but by the 2nd quarter, it's over. After last night, no confidence.

And the band will amount to a big fat zero in this one, even with all 400 there.