Perry Co. @ Huntingdon

34ME

I can tell you that PC is not going to forfeit. Also, PC is not getting rid of football. The Jr Pro in PC went defunct, because some people did a bad job with it. That's the only football program being #### down in PC. How ever they are working on finding a new Jr Pro president to get it started and going back in the right direction. Back to the forfeit, I don't know who said that but it not true. PC has had a rough few years lately. Some of you can surely remember going through down times. PC is going to take their lumps and gain experience and continue to try and build a program

I can tell you that PC is not going to forfeit. Also, PC is not getting rid of football. The Jr Pro in PC went defunct, because some people did a bad job with it. That's the only football program being #### down in PC. How ever they are working on finding a new Jr Pro president to get it started and going back in the right direction. Back to the forfeit, I don't know who said that but it not true. PC has had a rough few years lately. Some of you can surely remember going through down times. PC is going to take their lumps and gain experience and continue to try and build a program

Thanks for clearing that up and I hope yall can revive the program over there!

Perry County will not forfeit. I believe there were rumors about it just because they weren't going to be experienced and out of 30 kids only 6 are seniors. Middle School has the potential to being good. The coaching staff tried to get a new defense in against Waynesboro last week (boy was that a good idea) and lost 50-22. They are (1-3) respectively and are only getting better plus they had 6 starters hurt. They lost at Houston County 30-28 (after being down 22-6 in the 3rd), beat Stewart County on the road 20-12 (after being down 12-0 at half.), and lost at home to a really good McEwen team 40-6. (Even though it was tied 6-6 after 1.) There's a lot of younger kids that want to play but some have had to go to McEwen, Hohenwald, and Waverly to play junior pro because the last president we had just didn't know what to do and wasn't very good to the kids either. When you live in a county that only has about 7,000 (which is weird we're one of the biggest counties in the state), its hard to produce great teams like Huntingdon, Wayne County, etc., each and every year. Some of it is blamed on coaches because the last few years they leave their starters in even though they're down 40+ but the coaches try to pad stats on the guys playing instead of letting freshman and sophomores play to get some experience (see what happens when they don't get experience coach?). Bottom line is until we get some coaches that know what they're doing and that can motivate these kids, Perry County football will be a two win team every year. Last year's team should've went (5-5) but instead went (2-8). They'll try their best against Huntingdon but if i was the coach at Huntingdon i wouldn't risk injury and play their JV the whole game. That's just my opinion nothing against our football team but watching film and y'all have some guys that are 6'3, 6'5, and 6'6 300+ i believe our biggest kid is 6'0 230. Let's just pray no one gets hurt on either team. 

Edited by PCVikingBcast

Glad to hear yall are coming...our boys and coaches are ready to play a home game...safe travels and no injuries. Any Mustang or Viking fans that want to come tailgate b4 the game a group is setting up and doind some grilling, burgers, dogs bologna...going to have a bucket to collect $ for Morgan Fuller, a 16 yr old l softball player with Stage 4 Cancer TEAM MORGAN #00

Edited by ZEBRA35

Has PC ever been good in football ? I know 3or4 years ago everyone from PC thought they were. But when they played good teams they found out they really weren't that good .

Go see there 2010 and 2011 teams. They made the Semi's in 2010 and beat us for the only time in school history, 50-48 in 3OTs) Other than that they have just 1 other year where the had a .500 season or better (2009--7-5). They didnt restart the football program on a full time level until 1999 or 2000. Those years from '09-'11 they had Jacob Tucker who won Mr. Football his SR season @ QB and went on to play on a football Scholarship as a QB at the Univeristy of North Alabama.

Since Tucker left they have went..

2-8

3-7

2-8

and our 0-4 this yr

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

They have made the playoffs 5 seasons since they restarted the football team.

2002- 2-9 L 1st Rd(Bruceton)

2004- 5-6 L 1st Rd(West Carroll)

2009- 7-5 L 2nd Rd(Jo Byrns)

2010- 11-2 L Semi Finals(Jo Byrns)

2011- 10-2 L 2nd Rd (Huntingdon)

I have done WAY to much research on PC football tonight...ima go throw up now.

Sounds like it's time to put the football program back in hibernation

If that's the case you might as well throw Gleason and Greenfield in the closed football programs. Hate to see the smaller programs go away cause the kids on the field care about their teams as much as any school. Just don't have the numbers to keep games competitive.