RON GRAY ASSISTANT COACH OF THE YEAR?

peniroo

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Coach Gray!! All that matters is that your team is in the playoffs and that you are respected that well by your peers. It really doesn't matter what the ratpack and the other people on here that always post against you and the other OR coaches.

Congratulations again and it was well deserved.

Enjoy being in the second round? You are the one without a clue! That is an expectation in Oak Ridge, not a cause for celebration.

While you are singing the praises of the offensive coordinator for Oak Ridge, consider how many points the offense scored against the better defenses in our region. Not many, despite having three backs average over six yards per carry.

As for saying nobody would coach here, money talks and Oak Ridge pays more. I don't think we will have trouble getting another coach. I just hope we get what we pay for!

[Edited by rabidwildcatfan on 11-14-02 2:04P]

Ron Gray works his butt off, he tries new ideas and things that some people do not see. He used the I package this year, as well as the Wing T and spread, he had a diverse offense to use the personnel he had as best he could. He did not have a big strong pounding running back, he had good slashing type guys and he made the most of them. We had more yardage than DB did Friday night, and yeah, I know we didn't win the game, but that info may be lost on those who didn't know. He was chosen for this honor by his coaching peers in the Region who had to defend him, and they understood!! I would trust their knowledge of football more than some on this post....What a lot of people don't understand is you only have seconds to call a play, and you don't get a second chance at that play...Ron did a good job calling plays, we won 9 games, in a tough Region with the last 5 games being tough...congratulations Coach GRAY!! GOOD JOB

CAT PACK AND NAY SAYERS GO AWAY....Coaches Stay....