Dresden travels to Lake County

dtownfan364

First let me say that Wilkes is a tremendous talent BUT he had at least 100 yds on 2 carries last night.  The other 70 yds came on at least 25-30 carries.  We are not giving the Dresden defense any credit here.  They played extremely well last night.  Wilkes is a threat to break one any time he touches it.  We held him to two touchdowns and one was very late in the game.  I will say that he runs it and gets up and runs it again.  There is alot of pressure on this young man and he seems to handle it very well.  One poster said we sold out against the run and all I can say to that is a coach should be fired if he doesn't sell out against the run against LC because they can't throw it at all.  Can we beat UC and Trenton?  That remains to be seen but I will not get on here and say that we can't beat them.  I am sure Dresden players get on here and if our own fans think we can't beat them what does that tell our young men?  And yso, if we hold UC under 200 yds rushing we will spank them because they do not have a running back that can be mentioned in the same breathe as Wilkes. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me say that Wilkes is a tremendous talent BUT he had at least 100 yds on 2 carries last night.  The other 70 yds came on at least 25-30 carries.  We are not giving the Dresden defense any credit here.  They played extremely well last night.  Wilkes is a threat to break one any time he touches it.  We held him to two touchdowns and one was very late in the game.  I will say that he runs it and gets up and runs it again.  There is alot of pressure on this young man and he seems to handle it very well.  One poster said we sold out against the run and all I can say to that is a coach should be fired if he doesn't sell out against the run against LC because they can't throw it at all.  Can we beat UC and Trenton?  That remains to be seen but I will not get on here and say that we can't beat them.  I am sure Dresden players get on here and if our own fans think we can't beat them what does that tell our young men?  And yso, if we hold UC under 200 yds rushing we will spank them because they do not have a running back that can be mentioned in the same breathe as Wilkes. 

Dresden's defense played lights out. I'm not taking anything away from them at all. There passing game is very impressive. Wilkes carried the ball 26 times last night. Good luck to the Lions.

I said this year I was not going to trash talk and staying to that statement BUT, you will NOT hold Union City under 200 yards.  How do you even think that is possible when we ran up over 500 + on Trenton.  You better come to play hard because Union City is real and only replaced the spots with experience.  Union City has not missed a beat so be prepared as I know you will.  I also understand a starter was ejected the first quarter of the game for Dresden.  Why is it over the years, Dresden has troubles ?  I have witnessed many Dresden games and there always seems to be problems with personal fouls, etc...ejections.  I read a post another Dresden fan posted about the cleanup...even a Dresden fan sees that.  I have to brag on U C as we do NOT have those problems.  Yes, our kids get aggressive like everyone else but not to the point ejection comes into play.  Just wait til you play Trenton and if Malone is on the field.  Trenton also has those problems.  See you folks October 16th at War Memorial Stadium and Randy Barnes Field.

Edited by ucdiditagain

Guest hevyrevy1611

Well.. the spanking was given. And four scores called back.. it was domination for sure. The ejection was VERY questionable, all local coaches for various teams on a local Sat radio talk show looked at play, should not have been called. Is being appealed and will no doubt be overturned. But betcha no way will the attackers & haters retract their negative comments. It is what it is.. folk will think & say whatever they wish regardless of what facts & truth is. Nobody can question final results.. embarrassing score for LC, 55-14, and could have easily been maybe 80-15 if refs didn't have hair trigger fingers. But everyone "knows" including refs that Dresden is "bad boy" team. Facts don't count, rarely do. Lions are for real. Rest of season will reveal just how real we are. I give my yearly prediction , a ball to match our helmets, GOLD baby!

I said this year I was not going to trash talk and staying to that statement BUT, you will NOT hold Union City under 200 yards. How do you even think that is possible when we ran up over 500 + on Trenton. You better come to play hard because Union City is real and only replaced the spots with experience. Union City has not missed a beat so be prepared as I know you will. I also understand a starter was ejected the first quarter of the game for Dresden. Why is it over the years, Dresden has troubles ? I have witnessed many Dresden games and there always seems to be problems with personal fouls, etc...ejections. I read a post another Dresden fan posted about the cleanup...even a Dresden fan sees that. I have to brag on U C as we do NOT have those problems. Yes, our kids get aggressive like everyone else but not to the point ejection comes into play. Just wait til you play Trenton and if Malone is on the field. Trenton also has those problems. See you folks October 16th at War Memorial Stadium and Randy Barnes Field.

Peabody has had very few unsportsmanlike penalties and no players ejected that I can remember over the past few years. Yes Malone was suspended for half a game against UC and the entire game against Humboldt. I'm not defending him but he is a teenager And teenagers do dumb things sometimes. He has been disciplined for that. That is what good coaches do. They Teaches players to not repeat mistakes.

Peabody has had very few unsportsmanlike penalties and no players ejected that I can remember over the past few years. Yes Malone was suspended for half a game against UC and the entire game against Humboldt. I'm not defending him but he is a teenager And teenagers do dumb things sometimes. He has been disciplined for that. That is what good coaches do. They Teaches players to not repeat mistakes.

Malone has obviously not learned from his mistakes because he has been disciplined twice for different mistakes.  He was not suspended once but twice already this season.

First of all...if he ( Malone"y") has been given another chance, you need to fire your coach.  What a joke.  If your coach and administration does not have the footballs to kick him off the team, your respect has been lost even more and the team is being taught it is ok to do bad things because we will let you off the hook.  Malone should be gone...he is a average player to many.  Union City has his number....had his number last year.  He is NOT a team player.  If you were much of a fan, ,you would want the best for your team and him being removed.  The team ( Trenton ) that is, is a much better team without Malone.  Trenton is the talk of west Tennessee football due to Malone and him having his way.  Like I said..."if" he wore Purple and Gold.....his days would have been over the first time and never wore them again.  Many of the posters here on coach T would agree with what I just posted.  I hope someone sees the light, for the team and school sake.

First of all...if he ( Malone"y") has been given another chance, you need to fire your coach. What a joke. If your coach and administration does not have the footballs to kick him off the team, your respect has been lost even more and the team is being taught it is ok to do bad things because we will let you off the hook. Malone should be gone...he is a average player to many. Union City has his number....had his number last year. He is NOT a team player. If you were much of a fan, ,you would want the best for your team and him being removed. The team ( Trenton ) that is, is a much better team without Malone. Trenton is the talk of west Tennessee football due to Malone and him having his way. Like I said..."if" he wore Purple and Gold.....his days would have been over the first time and never wore them again. Many of the posters here on coach T would agree with what I just posted. I hope someone sees the light, for the team and school sake.

Dude you don't even know why he was suspended. You don't know the kid. My kids have gone to school with him and played ball with him since grade school. I'm not a fan of Malone but this didn't just suspended him. He's also been moved from qb to receiver and Malone is having to regain the trust of his teammates. You've been calling Peabody out all year over this. So are you saying your school never has players mess up?

4 life I commend you for standing up for this young man but to answer your question,: Yes we have had players to mess up and they were removed from the team. It wasn't because they cussed a teacher or anything that serious. It was for much less. One kid was a major play maker too. I'm just saying.

Thanks Swo. Several of our fans think Malone should been gone after first incident and especially after the second one. And I'm one of the ones that said give him second chance but I'm very skeptical about it at this point. Its a distraction our kids don't need.