Mount Juliet vs Lebanon

MJGOLDENBEARS

Your arrogance absolutely amazes me. Especially for a 1-3 program that is crumbling under the direction of their current head coach, who has lost the belief and faith of the community. Nothing I can say will obviously change your mind. You will be surprised Friday night by how close this game will be for either team.

You beat us, and I'll eat my words... Until then I envision a blowout Friday night.

As an outsider living in wilson county I see this as a chance to be as unbiased as they come on this board.  Lebanon has a lot of talent at the school, however, they do not get those kids to play as many sports as you would at a school like MJ.  Is Lebanon better than they have been in years past, yes.  Are they better than MJ, maybe.  There is no way to say that either team is better than the other.  I do know that Lebanon has been with Harp long enough that his senior class will have been in the system to learn it now, and will have taken advantage of his workout program for the past three years.  Since I live in MJ I don't really know what his program consists of, but to win as many championships, regardless of classification, as he has it must work.  Lebanon is by no means a state championship caliber team, but they are definitely better than they were last year.

Quality of wins on both sides are not very strong though.  All teams Lebanon has beaten combine for one win as does MJ's lone win against a one win team.  I thought Ravenwood was a better team than what I saw on TV friday night, but they looked sloppy against a very talented Centennial team. 

I tend to agree that the students and community have taken a wait and see approach to the MJ staff now that papa has taken a backseat to the baby bear.  In MJ it's almost like talking to someone in Stalingrad during communism.  No one wants to discuss the feelings of the coaches around each other because it sounds like he takes it out on the kids of those that quit while at school and talks bad about them. I think that he has lost support of those who he needs to have the support of.  Sometimes kids need football more than football needs the kids playing.

Sorry it is so long, but I think that Lebanon has a strong chance of winning this one based off of MJ's arrogance that they are the better team and Lebanon knows they have to reassert themselves in the county as well as an up and coming program.

Lebanon by 7

BTW Kisler I talked to someone that knows Coach Worsham who was at MJ and was told he is still coaching with a middle school team outside of cookeville and currently undefeated.  I remember you talking about him before and thought you would want to know.

HHS; thanks for the info on Worsham. Glad to hear that he is doing well. A classy young man that me and my son think the world of. He and my son stay in touch. I wish him the very best. I hated to see him leave MJ. He will be coaching in high school some day.

I do know that anything said about coaching at MJ that could be possibly perceived as negative does not go well for a player. I know that from experience when I made comment about MJ getting beat by Blackman last year ; saying that MJ was beaten in all phases of game including being out coached.  

Edited by BKisler

Just curious, what makes MJ a "14+" favorite in your mind? Cause they beat Franklin co 51-12 for their only win? The offense has obviously been a powerhouse for MJ this year.

Bluedevils; I think MJ has more talent than Lebanon. I can see it being close and a turnover or two takes the score to 14+. Has nothing to do with win over Franklin Co. Just my opinion.

If you look back through many of my posts; I have been a big advocate of Coach Harp and how I think he will turn the program around.

Bluedevils; I think MJ has more talent than Lebanon. I can see it being close and a turnover or two takes the score to 14+. Has nothing to do with win over Franklin Co. Just my opinion.

If you look back through many of my posts; I have been a big advocate of Coach Harp and how I think he will turn the program around.

Your right. To be honest I was little fired up when I replied to you from reading what golden bear said, you didn't deserve the sarcasm. My bad. This is gonna be a fun one I think for both sides.

Your right. To be honest I was little fired up when I replied to you from reading what golden bear said, you didn't deserve the sarcasm. My bad. This is gonna be a fun one I think for both sides.

Not everyone on this board is going to sugarcoat things just to make you satisfied.... If you can't stand the heat.... Ah you know the rest

Not everyone on this board is going to sugarcoat things just to make you satisfied.... If you can't stand the heat.... Ah you know the rest

Lol I can stand the heat just fine. Thanks for your concern. Go ahead and rent a truck so you can help perry pack his stuff Saturday. By the way, I wasn't the only person who said something about your arrogance so there must be something to it. Good luck bear

Lol I can stand the heat just fine. Thanks for your concern. Go ahead and rent a truck so you can help perry pack his stuff Saturday. By the way, I wasn't the only person who said something about your arrogance so there must be something to it. Good luck bear

I like the passion with that comeback now we have something to look forward too come Friday night. I still can't help but envision the Bears feasting on the less superior Blue Devils...(btw to anyone that thinks I am way in over my head about how good MJ is, trust Me I realize we are nothing but a slightly above average team just for the record) MJ 35 Lebanon 20

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Im not sure what your beef is with CoachT but it seems you are upset or jealous about something. From the outside looking in CoachT does a great job managing and maintaining a program. MJ facilities are amazing and it takes a lot of work outside of coaching to keep those facilities nice. As far as coaching, CoachT is very knowledgable of the game and all aspects of the game are covered each week in practice. Coach Perry does have a backseat roll but helps the entire staff become better coaches day in and day out. Coach Perry's finger prints are all over the MJ program and is a motivator and leader among the staff including his son. All I's are dotted and T's are crossed when MJ rolls in on Friday nights.  The program is ran the way a program should be run. MJ has a great strength program which CoachT has a very active roll in alongside the strength & conditioning coach. MJ has very few injuries if any at this point of the season strictly do to the strength and conditioning program.

As far as telling someone to rent a truck, that is ridiculous.  This is not college football. Players are not picked from a handful of athletes across the country like college and a man's job (who he spills sweat, blood and tears, and lots of time away from family) should not be threatened do to average records and the kind of athletes given year in and year out.  Remember these are high school kids and it takes a very special group to go all the way. MJ is working to be that special group each and every day and MJ has a great group of kids. All teams hit adversity year in and year out. How each team overcomes adversity is up to that specific group and the leadership amongst teammates. Head Coaches are not always the good guys. They must be strict and disciplined and CoachT is exactly that.

The game this friday should be a good one and both teams will play with a lot of heart which is exactly what high school football is all about.  Good Luck to both teams.

I like the passion with that comeback now we have something to look forward too come Friday night. I still can't help but envision the Bears feasting on the less superior Blue Devils...(btw to anyone that thinks I am way in over my head about how good MJ is, trust Me I realize we are nothing but a slightly above average team just for the record) MJ 35 Lebanon 20

I think you score sounds about right. MJ needs to keep improving.

Is Hayes still starting QB?

Im not sure what your beef is with CoachT but it seems you are upset or jealous about something. From the outside looking in CoachT does a great job managing and maintaining a program. MJ facilities are amazing and it takes a lot of work outside of coaching to keep those facilities nice. As far as coaching, CoachT is very knowledgable of the game and all aspects of the game are covered each week in practice. Coach Perry does have a backseat roll but helps the entire staff become better coaches day in and day out. Coach Perry's finger prints are all over the MJ program and is a motivator and leader among the staff including his son. All I's are dotted and T's are crossed when MJ rolls in on Friday nights. The program is ran the way a program should be run. MJ has a great strength program which CoachT has a very active roll in alongside the strength & conditioning coach. MJ has very few injuries if any at this point of the season strictly do to the strength and conditioning program.

As far as telling someone to rent a truck, that is ridiculous. This is not college football. Players are not picked from a handful of athletes across the country like college and a man's job (who he spills sweat, blood and tears, and lots of time away from family) should not be threatened do to average records and the kind of athletes given year in and year out. Remember these are high school kids and it takes a very special group to go all the way. MJ is working to be that special group each and every day and MJ has a great group of kids. All teams hit adversity year in and year out. How each team overcomes adversity is up to that specific group and the leadership amongst teammates. Head Coaches are not always the good guys. They must be strict and disciplined and CoachT is exactly that.

The game this friday should be a good one and both teams will play with a lot of heart which is exactly what high school football is all about. Good Luck to both teams.

Whoa buddy, I'm a fan of an opposing team. Specifically your in county rival, that's how it's supposed to be. Sounds like your related to him. Serious question though MJ people, If he loses to Lebanon is he fired?