Nashville Christian @ Jo Byrns

NasTchristian

I would be willing to bet that as long as they're winning he won't play no more than he has to, why take a chance on getting a knee messed up when you've already got a free ride when there's no chance of losing the game with or without him in.

Yep.  We have 3 very capable RBs.  All three are quicker and faster than Bituli.  He's going to break some tackles that the other 3 might not, but there's no need for him to carry the ball more than 3-5 times a game.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For whoever was saying that NCS didn't dominate the game... if 49-7 isn't dominating a game, I don't know what is. Someone said that if it wasn't for the punt return TD, the pick-6, and the last TD by a "starter" against JB's second team, then it was an even matchup. Can I please remind you that a punt return and a pick-6 is part of football. I don't know what kind of game you're playing in your head that told you it was close, but that game wasn't close. I agree, you continue to polish your turd all you want. We'll keep dropping them on you for years to come, or in the playoffs at Keeton Field if you're lucky enough. May I also remind you that the "starter" that got the last touchdown is the FOURTH RB on our depth chart. In fact, he was running behind our JV offensive line that has been plagued with injuries the last week. No excuses. Judge us for our depth if that makes your turd sparkle.

On a more lighthearted note, I'd like to inform a few people about our coach's position decisions. People are asking why NCS doesn't run the ball with Bituli with Lawless on the line. The answer is that we arguable don't need to. Someone was saying that Bituli wouldn't produce anyway. What makes you say that? I mean according to the mad dads of TN, he was recruited from BA right? He also had 1700 yards as a sophomore starter. Why don't we run him? Well he might be even more effective as a fullback, which he does play a bit of. Bituli blocking and McGraw's elusive speed. Dangerous. I'm sure you'll see Bituli get the ball more often when we absolutely need it in the post season.

I would also like to point out that the decisions that the players make on the field to not reflect the character of Coach Brothers or the coaching staff. Coach Brothers is the best role model that our school could ask for as a head football coach. As a member of the NCS family, I can agree that some of our players played dirty. I don't recall any helmets being thrown off, but I do remember a few instances of unnecessary roughness by some hot headed young players. Probably angry about the arguably biased officials (If you don't agree, watch the film). But that behavior is unacceptable. You should've heard what Coach Brothers had to say to some of them coming off the field, and I can very much assure you that the problem was addressed in the film session Saturday morning. Coach Brothers does not want the penalties or the reputation. That does not reflect Nashville Christian as a whole, and we do not justify it. We respect Jo Byrns as a rival and appreciate the opportunity to play yall every year.

As far as the NCS posters on here, I understand the lighthearted trash talk that we are spitting back at what seems like the whole state attacking us, but keep it classy.

You are right you do not need Bituli or Lawless on offense to get to the exact same place you have gotten to the last 4 years.  But you will need them to get past Union City. So when you decide the week before the union city game to put them in the offense it will be too late. Union city will beat you running their best 11 on both sides of the ball, running the exact same plays they ran the first scrimmage of the season.

while those guys may be quicker and faster (doubt it) there is no play in the NCS play book that is better than giving Bituli the football.and running behind Lawless   None. not even one.  

Edited by bigdanteague

For whoever was saying that NCS didn't dominate the game... if 49-7 isn't dominating a game, I don't know what is. Someone said that if it wasn't for the punt return TD, the pick-6, and the last TD by a "starter" against JB's second team, then it was an even matchup. Can I please remind you that a punt return and a pick-6 is part of football. I don't know what kind of game you're playing in your head that told you it was close, but that game wasn't close. I agree, you continue to polish your turd all you want. We'll keep dropping them on you for years to come, or in the playoffs at Keeton Field if you're lucky enough. May I also remind you that the "starter" that got the last touchdown is the FOURTH RB on our depth chart. In fact, he was running behind our JV offensive line that has been plagued with injuries the last week. No excuses. Judge us for our depth if that makes your turd sparkle.

On a more lighthearted note, I'd like to inform a few people about our coach's position decisions. People are asking why NCS doesn't run the ball with Bituli with Lawless on the line. The answer is that we arguable don't need to. Someone was saying that Bituli wouldn't produce anyway. What makes you say that? I mean according to the mad dads of TN, he was recruited from BA right? He also had 1700 yards as a sophomore starter. Why don't we run him? Well he might be even more effective as a fullback, which he does play a bit of. Bituli blocking and McGraw's elusive speed. Dangerous. I'm sure you'll see Bituli get the ball more often when we absolutely need it in the post season.

I would also like to point out that the decisions that the players make on the field to not reflect the character of Coach Brothers or the coaching staff. Coach Brothers is the best role model that our school could ask for as a head football coach. As a member of the NCS family, I can agree that some of our players played dirty. I don't recall any helmets being thrown off, but I do remember a few instances of unnecessary roughness by some hot headed young players. Probably angry about the arguably biased officials (If you don't agree, watch the film). But that behavior is unacceptable. You should've heard what Coach Brothers had to say to some of them coming off the field, and I can very much assure you that the problem was addressed in the film session Saturday morning. Coach Brothers does not want the penalties or the reputation. That does not reflect Nashville Christian as a whole, and we do not justify it. We respect Jo Byrns as a rival and appreciate the opportunity to play yall every year.

As far as the NCS posters on here, I understand the lighthearted trash talk that we are spitting back at what seems like the whole state attacking us, but keep it classy.

Yep that was me...the turd polisher!  I'll keep polishing the turd until it shines.  It's a process lol.  Truthfully, I was expecting NCS to look like a state championship type team I just didn't see it.  They're a dangerous team but not going to win a state championship as long as the teams out west are near where they were the past few years.  So while I polish my turd, you can polish your semi-final trophies and add one more to the collection this year if you guys make it past Huntingdon/WC.

As for NCS dropping more turds on JB for years to come...we'll see about that.  NCS has a decision to make, keep the recruiting policy in place and go D2 or drop the recruiting policy.  If they drop the policy they'll be back to where they always were the past 25 years I've watched them.  JB on the other hand will be gaining about 100 Springfield kids next year so who know what the future will hold in the series.

I agree that the players decision on the field don't reflect Brother's character, it reflects a lack of discipline.  He apologized to Coach Adkins last night for his team's play.  We'll see if it gets cleaned up but the reputation is definitely taking shape.

Yeah I don't expect more turds dropping on JB from NCS because JB will be on the rise next couple of years. Especially with the new rezone we got. Game got out of hand definitely mid third quarter but after 3 quick scores we took the starters out. As for the "biased refs" they weren't. They were just an awful crew. AWFUL. No control of the game at all. A couple times they should have got the players together and told them the next cheap shot or mouthing after the whistle player was out. They did that to us against White House in the jamboree 2012, and the game was still hard hitting but we still went back to the huddle and shut up. I'm no football guru and I haven't seen or kept up with any other top teams but from what I saw from NCS I'm not impressed. Definitely no south Pittsburg from my sophomore year. Which I've heard wasn't even their best team from their posters.

interesting first post...you joined for this specific reason..welcome to the T

Final was 49-7 last score coming from a NC starter against the JB 2nd team ! Game got away from us in the 3rd qtr, 2 back to back 15 yarders against the Devils in the red zone,, after that eagle hit some big plays and took the wind out of the Devils,,,, I was glad to see our kids continue to play hard and still believe we will be a tough out for someone come playoff time,,,, as I said earlier I pride myself to bea good honest poster,,, I've watched football many years and if the conduct tonight is a reflection of what private school ball is about then I want no part of it period ! Dirtiest team I have ever seen play and that's a fact ! This is why others can't stand the privates ! Just the way it is

Thanks, but Nashville Christian had their second string offense in, and even some third string, so if you don't know what you're talking about, don't say it

Edited by Hatersgonnahate

JB players and parents are a bunch of cry babies. Take the loss with class. It's football not ballet. You parents didn't see the face mask your boys were pulling That never once got a penalty for. I am sorry that you all feel the need to say that NCS is the dirtiest team you have played, obviously you have not played any real competition yet and to say they "small town" boys put God first, family second and football third!! Answer me where was the prayer before the game oh that's right there wasn't one. NCS as a whole put GOD first, family second( ncs family as well) then OUR Sports. So unless you know more about our school don't bash it.