Collinwoods first trip to Houston County

CwoodGreen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I believe they got a new head coach in 2011 and went to the playoffs his first two years. That was the end of a 25-30 game losing streak for that school. Since then they've been like most rural county schools they have a good year or two every few years. Schedule plays a big part in it I would imagine but from what I hear this year they are a gritty hard nose team. From earlier posts read collinwood was a gritty team as well and they handled them fairly easy from the 3 rd qt on. According to the score anyway.

Edited by TE37

Yea I believe they got a new head coach in 2011 and went to the playoffs his first two years. That was the end of a 25-30 game losing streak for that school. Since then they've been like most rural county schools they have a good year or two every few years. Schedule plays a big part in it I would imagine but from what I hear this year they are a gritty hard nose team. From earlier posts read collinwood was a gritty team as well and they handled them fairly easy from the 3 rd qt on. According to the score anyway.

DO NOT listen to the poster(1) talking up Cwood as he is inaccurate at best. They are a 3 or 4 win team this season and have but 4 seniors. A pretty good runner and a few decent young kids but they are not what he hypes them up to be.

Also HC is the biggest school in 1A at 399 students this season. I know they cant help that but the drop from 2A to 1A will help a little bit. No doubt this is a BIG season for them and they should be proud. I cant wait to see them and Bruceton play. That IMO will be the battle for 3rd in Region 6.

WCHS WILDCATS #2.........why do you care what TE37 says about Collinwood? He said nothing about wins and losses. He made some good comments about the Trojans. Something you never do. So take your crap somewhere else.

I didnt put them down in any way just told the truth. Is what i said inaccurate? I care what he said because ur other Cwood poster is alwayd hyping them up to be something they cant be this season. If you think I dont want to see them get better than your wrong but can think what you want. Aint no "crap" to take nowhere else.

All I'm saying about Collinwood was after seeing the scores from their previous game against a below average Cornersville team and then seeing the blowout against Huntington I was'nt real sure on what to expect from this particular match up. After seeing the way Collinwood played the first half of the game I was more impressed with their grit than I had expected. Before HC wore them down it was a game the entire first half. HC 's endurance and depth and runningback really helped them wear down the Collinwood defense which ultimately secured their win. Also, Wildcat #2 I too am eager to see HC and Bruceton. From what I've seen from Bruceton they live and die with #49's production offensively. Rumor has it that kid is legit but that's all they have. Not sure of the accuracy in that assumption but it should lead to a better match up than years past between those two teams. I believe Bruceton has taken care of HC the last two years fairly easy.

Edited by TE37

All I'm saying about Collinwood was after seeing the scores from their previous game against a below average Cornersville team and then seeing the blowout against Huntington I was'nt real sure on what to expect from this particular match up. After seeing the way Collinwood played the first half of the game I was more impressed with their grit than I had expected. Before HC wore them down it was a game the entire first half. HC 's endurance and depth and runningback really helped them wear down the Collinwood defense which ultimately secured their win. Also, Wildcat #2 I too am eager to see HC and Bruceton. From what I've seen from Bruceton they live and die with #49's production offensively. Rumor has it that kid is legit but that's all they have. Not sure of the accuracy in that assumption but it should lead to a better match up than years past between those two teams. I believe Bruceton has taken care of HC the last two years fairly easy.

49 is very fast given room to run, WC rarely let him get to the line of scrimmage and had the corners stuffed, never could get outside

You're right they haven't faired well with Bruceton the past few years but I think this one will be a different game. The Irish are believing

Bruceton goes as far as 49 goes its as simple as that. He is special but only when given open space to run. We held him to 10 carries for 0 yards rushing in the 1st half and the team was very proud of that! I think yall might can give em a really good game and might even be favored in that game.

Like ze said what offense does HC run? I have talked to there big 6'6 LT and he said they pound the rock and dont throw much at all so FWIW.

collinwood lost for one reason...they are HORRIBLE on special teams..the wood scored twice

early and both times allowed the kickoff to be run back for touchdowns....you will never win

giving away points everytime you score points.  For goodness sakes just try onside kick

everytime or kick to the up back...anything is better than giving up points on kickoffs.  An they gave up several long returns on punts and other kickoffs too.  this was a lose totally on

the special teams....just kick it short everytime, trojans cant cover snot on returns.  Physically they were better than Erin but if you cant cover kicks you are toast from the get go.

Erin is pretty good, they got a beatiful stadium but very little seating for visitors so bring your

lawnchairs...Collinwood doesnt travel so it didnt matter.   The three hour drive is brutal

though for real.  Erin has a good back in number 11, he is quick and fast and smart.  They

are athletic but not very big compared to lots of teams.  No way they hang with Huntingdon

but I havent seen Waynesboro so I cant comment on that matchup.  Erin doesnt throw the

ball but their backs run hard and their defense is ok.  They have a lot of experience which will always be a factor this year against collinwood.

Wood must fix special teams somehow...good grief, its called football for

a reaons!!!!   Offense is fine and defense just needs to get a pissed off

attitude more than anything

Edited by TheMirrorThief