Camden @ Martin Westview

NavyChief

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say Westview by 21.  Word on the street is, the boys are doing some things they shouldn't be.  This is why the Coach is babysitting them.  Its not a secret.....I hope its not true.

If it is true the parents are responsible and its a real shame Coach needs  to do their job as well as his own but Hats off to him! Putting in that extra time to teach those boys right from wrong when he could have just cut them loose and at the same time given himself a perfect excuse  for the bad start to this season .  Good man setting a great example by  not giving up but working harder  and not taking the easy way out!

I'm sure someone  such as yourself will try to blame  Coach Blow and his staff in a round about cowardly way like an internet post.. :rolleyes: 

We can always go back to Fisher  and Bucky... they are  still around ..who didn't love 0-10 seasons !  :roflol:  

Step up letdown and   ask the coach yourself like a Man I know Chief does and so do I..

Edited by Beagle

Accusing in your first post? 

Remember when we were young and people who stirred the crap  pot got made to lick the stick they stirred it with because someone always found out who was running  off at the mouth!  The absolute worst thing about the internet..Keyboard warriors

Edited by Beagle

A couple of notes here. The coaching staff in Camden is a group of good men from the top to the bottom. I'd be proud for my boys to play for them. The boys are way better off with them than several of the parents. Don't start blaming problems on the Camden staff that is beyond their control. Secondly, Fisher inherited the 0-10 team and worked hard to turn it around. He ended up averaging around .500 by the time he was replaced by Ward in 03.

One thing Will Blow brought to Camden was the mindset, "The regular season is just the warm-ups for the playoffs." A couple of years ago when Camden Central started out 0-2, some were pushing the panic button, and Blow didn't. He ended up 8-2. Another coach like that is Coady over at  Westview. I've seen Westview start out extremely slow and get better by the playoffs in more years than not. This week should be interesting and tell a lot about both teams, as they begin the final push for playoff positions after this non-region game. Some of us worry too much about early losses. All that really matters is the condition and position a team is in after week 10.