Rhea Co. @ Indianapolis Cathedral

Rhea Co.

Something I left out in my previous post.

Indianapolis Cathedral Fighting Irish are led by Head Coach Rick Streiff. Coach Streiff has been at Cathedral for 21 years with a record of 202-64 and 10 State Championships with the Irish. He has been coaching for 26 years with an overall record of 223-96. He has a staff that has been with him for several years and includes a couple of former NFL players. He is a great role model for the young men at Cathedral.

Former Cathedral players that played in the NFL:

Marc Clayton

Darrick Brownlow

Moe Gardner

Blaine Bishop

Jeremy Trueblood

Mathias Kiwanuka

Jack Doyle

Robert Maci

Blaine Bishop great player for the Tennessee Titans and now a pretty good radio host in Nashville. Also just to get the word out for anyone not able to make it to Indy. Monkey Town Brewing will be hosting a viewing party. Looking forward to making my way up there later today.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to them being a good football team they are a 4a school playing a 5a schedule because here in Indiana when you win it all you move up for th post season for at least 2 years. I might be wrong but I think this is their second year at 5a and they won it all on 5a last year as well as the year before in 4a.

I stand corrected they are three consecutive year state champs in 4a two consecutive year state champs in 5a which means by the new rule they should be playing 6a in the post season this year. Good RC.

The rule isn't all that new it has been in play for 4 years now. After it went in to play Cathedral moved from 4A to 5A. The last 2 years they won 5A so they are bumped this year up to the largest class 6A. 6A has only been around for 4 years. The majority of their schedule is usually 6A, 5A, or large out of state opponents. The lone exception usually is their rival Bishop Chatard who is no slouch.