Mt. Pleasant vs Cornersville

Big Bigby

You didn't offend me: we see it different:

Stats from MTP Football Facebook page:

7 possessions (including the last one with Knee)

4 was held to 11 yards on

Good deal. Glad you didn't take it that way. Hard to get a feel through reading sometimes how someone is coming across... I talk on here just like I talk at the game and Sat.& Sun. with my friends watching the pros... Now, we all know there's no differences of opinions between friends on football games. :thumb:

Those stats are horrible for #4.... Warnsley should've had 200+ yards against Cornersville... One would think mTp played a 1A top 5 team's defense with those stats.

Only builds my confidence in my thoughts on the play calling last night.

Or....

May just be coach's overall scheme/strategy in not showing the same side of mTp week in and week out for teams to read easily and prepare for.

Edited by Big Bigby

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good deal. Glad you didn't take it that way. Hard to get a feel through reading sometimes how someone is coming across... I talk on here just like I talk at the game and Sat.& Sun. with my friends watching the pros... Now, we all know there's no differences of opinions between friends on football games. :thumb:

Those stats are horrible for #4.... Warnsley should've had 200+ yards against Cornersville... One would think mTp played a 1A top 5 team's defense with those stats.

Only builds my confidence in my thoughts on the play calling last night.

Or....

May just be coach's overall scheme/strategy in not showing the same side of mTp week in and week out for teams to read easily and prepare for.

Horrible for 4 but awesome for 10. Love him or not, Cville obvious took away 4 and MTP went with the hot hand. 10 had the best night in a while 7 of 9 passing 84 yards, in on all 4 TDs

CoachT is for second guessing but if MTp kept feeding 4 the ball and lost, you would be asking why not do something different?

But on to GCA and I bet #4 will not be shut out again.

Horrible for 4 but awesome for 10. Love him or not, Cville obvious took away 4 and MTP went with the hot hand. 10 had the best night in a while 7 of 9 passing 84 yards, in on all 4 TDs

CoachT is for second guessing but if MTp kept feeding 4 the ball and lost, you would be asking why not do something different?

But on to GCA and I bet #4 will not be shut out again.

Not hating on #10 at all. Glad he had a good game, but that good game came from outside runs, not running at/through the line like coach had #4, #38 and #30 doing all night setting them up for failures to gain yardage.

I also give credit for when it's due; Crawford for once was more accurate passing than other nights he's had.

The question that I and others *was* asking is why wasn't mTp doing something different than running #4 and others with the ball straight into the C-ville line in a box format?.?.?

It was easy for C-ville to load the box and shut down mTp's run game when you run it straight at them all night.

Try that again at GCA and I'll guarantee the same results.

mTp just doesn't have the line to run up the middle at the line effectively on a consistent basis like was trying to be done last night... Box formats take a very effective O-line to run them.... Spread those defenses out with a spread offense and give them Tigers room to run and make those defenders miss tackles. That was one of Walt Smith's strongest schemes (spread offense with some play action) with the speed mTp has to offer. Give them Tigers room to run; don't send them into a box piled full of tacklers with no good blocking to make holes in that box.

#10 should have had the same results last night along with #4 having over 100+ yards along with other players scoring...

mTp should have easily hung 40+ points on C-ville with a team effort and not a one man show.

JMO.

Edited by Big Bigby

Too much?

Well it was against Cornersville for peeps sake.... What type of diatribe would you WC boys be writing if WC barely beat PC next week....

😨..... Right?

Get my drift? Or should I say 'angst'?

I could see why you would be concerned as Cornersville IS Cornersville. I mean Cwood did pretty much blow their doors off earlier this yr so Im catching your drift. lol

Sounds like Cornersville shouldn't be taken so lightly.

Good teams beats them easy. Sounds as if you missed the points of all my comments. I guess I over-talked it.

Cornersville will be better next year if they keep #21 & #12.

Simply said, mTp made them look good this game by running it right into their tacklers pretty much all night.

Giving credit to C-ville... They tackled them.

Wasn't referring to your comments specifically. I was suggesting that teams that play Cornersville in the future shouldn't assume because they are young or have a not so good record think it will be an easy win. Sorry I di make my point more clear.

If they keep the same bunch for 2 more seasons, yes, the Bulldogs will be good by the time they're Seniors; if they are all fresh. & soph.'s.

Last Friday mTp play calling made C-ville look good.

Huntland, F-ville, and CA will blow their socks off.

Summertown and Richland will be the 2 games left on the Bulldogs schedule that C-ville will contend for.