Anderson County @ Clinton

dkota44

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be one of the worst coaching performances I have ever seen in my life. Kerr should step-down and resign.  Everyone blames the Defense, but you don't help the opponent out by not running the clock with a 21 point lead, and pretending you are Chip Kelly or Butch Jones with a fast paced hurry up O.  If you stall or go 3 and out, it puts too much pressure on a Defense. These morons must be going to too many Chip Kelly coaching clinics. Like the idiot Middle School O coordinator coach they had as 8th graders that thought they could run the Auburn offense (water-down albeit) becasue he was a sorry Auburn fan that loved Cam Newton.  Where do they find these morons?

Embarrasing.  Kerr will never succeed at Clinton.  You run an offense based on the talent  you have.  However, that does not mean you become one-dimensional and refuse to run the ball. This type of Offense results in a defense that is soft, cant stop the run (why cause you dont practice it in your practices), and therefore your D is completely gassed by the 4th quarter.

I feel sorry for the QB and D that is not helped by the poor coaching.

This has to be one of the worst coaching performances I have ever seen in my life. Kerr should step-down and resign. Everyone blames the Defense, but you don't help the opponent out by not running the clock with a 21 point lead, and pretending you are Chip Kelly or Butch Jones with a fast paced hurry up O. If you stall or go 3 and out, it puts too much pressure on a Defense. These morons must be going to too many Chip Kelly coaching clinics. Like the idiot Middle School O coordinator coach they had as 8th graders that thought they could run the Auburn offense (water-down albeit) becasue he was a sorry Auburn fan that loved Cam Newton. Where do they find these morons?

Embarrasing. Kerr will never succeed at Clinton. You run an offense based on the talent you have. However, that does not mean you become one-dimensional and refuse to run the ball. This type of Offense results in a defense that is soft, cant stop the run (why cause you dont practice it in your practices), and therefore your D is completely gassed by the 4th quarter.

I feel sorry for the QB and D that is not helped by the poor coaching.

I agree with almost everything you said.

Our offense is averaging 38 points per game while our defense is giving up 49. Not being able to run the ball hurts alot on offense, but our defense not being able to stop the run hurts alot worse.

I never thought Kerr was the right person for the job from day one but I was willing to give him a chance and see what happens. Losing last two weeks to CC & AC is unacceptable!! Both of those teams were supposed to be young and rebuilding and Clinton should've won both games. Something needs to change and fast!!

Last night didn't have anything to do with Coach Kerr. it was a team that decided they weren't gonna lose. Anderson County is young and If you haven't played at AC then you wouldn't understand what those guys have done and what they do to their kids to instill what you saw last night. The Mavs didn't play with that relentless attitude against Oak Ridge or Fulton. It may or may not have changed the score of those two games , but when a team plays like the mavs did in the second half last night, it don't matter what play you have or who your qb is. If Coach Kerr can get this team to the playoffs back to back years, then that is a vast improvement on what you have had the past 15 years. He has finally assembled a staff and has a middle school program doing well and all the whinnying tails come out because they can't beat the mavericks. I can assure you this, it don't matter who is coaching the next three years, AC will have the same mentality. They say it daily. Our WILL over skill. When they don't bring that to games , it isn't davey Gillums fault. He calls the same play against OR as he does any game they play. Teams block and teams tackle and when they win, they win together , and when the lose,they know why and it isn't because the coach needs to be fired.

Last night didn't have anything to do with Coach Kerr. it was a team that decided they weren't gonna lose. Anderson County is young and If you haven't played at AC then you wouldn't understand what those guys have done and what they do to their kids to instill what you saw last night. The Mavs didn't play with that relentless attitude against Oak Ridge or Fulton. It may or may not have changed the score of those two games , but when a team plays like the mavs did in the second half last night, it don't matter what play you have or who your qb is. If Coach Kerr can get this team to the playoffs back to back years, then that is a vast improvement on what you have had the past 15 years. He has finally assembled a staff and has a middle school program doing well and all the whinnying tails come out because they can't beat the mavericks. I can assure you this, it don't matter who is coaching the next three years, AC will have the same mentality. They say it daily. Our WILL over skill. When they don't bring that to games , it isn't davey Gillums fault. He calls the same play against OR as he does any game they play. Teams block and teams tackle and when they win, they win together , and when the lose,they know why and it isn't because the coach needs to be fired.

You're right! I guess firing him is going a little overboard.